Toast Izak Rankine off to Adelaide. Pick 5 obtained as expected

Remove this Banner Ad

Zero chance it's Ranks.
If it's a contract announcement, it'd be Weller. Or maybe even Graham. I think it'd be the 20k too.
No way should we be signing Weller to 4 years
Has thompson and budders all over it

Complete nincanpoops running the joint.
No one is offering Weller more then a 2 year deal..’why offer 4 and tie ourselves up

No way they're asking people to turn up on a Monday morning workday schoolday to announce the results of a membership drive
I suspect it will be Ranks because it will give the media plenty of playtime for interviews and backslapping through the week
If it isn't then yes the Club Admin is officially munted
And if it isnt Ranks hopefully the Club heavies will get the social media member vibe and tell them to call it off

Maybe it’s like alpine F1

Announcing piastri to race only for piastri to come back n say.. yeah not racing for you in 2023

I doubt much good can come from Monday

We did need some more speed in the midfield #AnnouncePiastri
If the Rankine stuff wasn't hovering above our heads I'd be all for our social team running with the joke of us signing Piastri to a deal

Which ever way this turns out atleast we didn't **** it as hard as Alpine 😅

Love Mally and have since 2 years before the draft but he is no Rankine sadly.
It could be argued that Rankine did very little in his first 3 years. Don’t compare Rankine now to Mally, compare Rankine in year 2 to Mally and the comparison is much more favourable

Just an opinion

If the Rankine stuff wasn't hovering above our heads I'd be all for our social team running with the joke of us signing Piastri to a deal

Which ever way this turns out atleast we didn't * it as hard as Alpine 😅
I reckon the pitchforks would come out on our socials if that happened right now

No way they're asking people to turn up on a Monday morning workday schoolday to announce the results of a membership drive
I suspect it will be Ranks because it will give the media plenty of playtime for interviews and backslapping through the week
If it isn't then yes the Club Admin is officially munted
And if it isnt Ranks hopefully the Club heavies will get the social media member vibe and tell them to call it off
This is the Suns we are talking about, there is no evidence of a grounding in reality. I’d put money on 20 k membership, 5000 of which would throw away theirs when Rankine leaves

Pretty sure 7 news Adelaide said Dawson to Poort at some stage so I wouldn't read too much into it.
It is interesting as some of the guys on SA radio such at Rucci are just idiots. Couldn’t spell right let alone be right

Don’t know how they have an audience

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing that frustrates me most with situations such as these is that we receive draft picks in return, and the revolving door continues. Young players who are starting to gain experience go out the door, we receive mediocre draft picks traded back both in relation to what we originally paid and in comparison to what we lose. And it's the experience we so truly need. Yes there are slight improvements now with our current squad, but it is so utterly disheartening being a suns fan for this very reason as it happens to our club three fold compared to any others.

I'm not usually the one to pull this card, but what is with all the Crows blow ins that just want to clearly troll/gloat?
It's been awhile since we've had a situation like this, Remember all the Carlton flogs we had to put up with during the Martin debacle?

Unfortunately they caught me while I was asleep before work today and I believe SUNS was at work himself.

As much as I wish this was my full-time gig I can't stand watch 24hrs a day

Rest assured we're not stuffing around with anyone that wants to come in here and be a pest.

For the record I spent a couple weeks in Adelaide in March 2017 and it was like someone had ordered Gold Coast off of Wish.

Mate, he’s been permanently banned from our board for sprouting s**t, so don’t listen to a word he says
That says all that needs to be said.

Even Adelaide doesn't want these nuffies

I'll take this opportunity to thank all of the Adelaide posters that have been cool - Obviously you guys are salivating at the prospect of having him and I can understand this would be a great coup after what I imagine is a disappointing season.

But we'd really like to keep him so if y'all can go find someone from another club to poach that would be super awesome of you 😘

That says all that needs to be said.

Even Adelaide doesn't want these nuffies

I'll take this opportunity to thank all of the Adelaide posters that have been cool - Obviously you guys are salivating at the prospect of having him and I can understand this would be a great coup after what I imagine is a disappointing season.

But we'd really like to keep him so if y'all can go find someone from another club to poach that would be super awesome of you 😘
Apologies also for ABBA, some believe he’s a Faith alias.

Yeah we are, not very often we attract quality players and this will be 2 years in a row if it happens.

We are also used to losing quality players and know that it sucks.

And Adelaide the city is a nice place to live, just a bit boring if you’re younger. Been to the Gold Coast many times, if I was a young footballer I know where I’d live.

Well of course you aren't biased at all. Thanks for definitely changing my mind.
It regularly gets high up in the best cities in the world to live. You can say I’m biased to but I live 20 mins from the city and 10 mins from some of the best local beaches in the country. I walk to work and bloody love it. I’m an hour from the Barossa and the same from South to some of the best wineries this country has! I’m never going to live anywhere else!

The thing that frustrates me most with situations such as these is that we receive draft picks in return, and the revolving door continues. Young players who are starting to gain experience go out the door, we receive mediocre draft picks traded back both in relation to what we originally paid and in comparison to what we lose. And it's the experience we so truly need. Yes there are slight improvements now with our current squad, but it is so utterly disheartening being a suns fan for this very reason as it happens to our club three fold compared to any others.
This is why I would be happy to put pick 4 on the table for a good player. A player who comes to the club is, a- ready to go so can help us win games straight away, b- unlikely to leave. We get 7 or 8 years of prime footy rather than 3 years of development to only have them squeezed out with salary cap issues. Chol is a good example of this except it was the tigers doing the development this time. GWS have loaded up on high draft picks and they are in a mess now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Izak Rankine off to Adelaide. Pick 5 obtained as expected

Remove this Banner Ad

Back