Trade Requested Jack Darling - “Make me a Roo!”

Remove this Banner Ad

I suggested North should recruiter quality older leaders.

However this one is embarrassing as he’s neither quality nor a leader.

As opposed to the Hawks quality leader in Sicily.

That 70S Show Lol GIF by Peacock

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

Darling is nowhere near cooked like Taberner.

That guy couldn't string 3 games in a row together.

At least Jack is durable and actually able to play through injury and rehab. He came back from a fractured arm pretty quick and played the year out with a arm brace.

Fair few examples of Jack getting up for games.
Physically cooked. Tabs has played most of the year, just at Peel. He's just old and decrepit.

Darling not far behind and doesnt provide much anymore IMO but like I said, has the benefit of an actual football brain.

Should have gone harder for Membrey IMO, an actual experienced KPF type that can still provide something.

Ummm....that's exactly what I said. Why should any other club help you guys out here? And I've seen him play a lot...we used to call him "Toovey's Pet" cos a much smaller defender (Alan Toovey) could run rings around Darling even then. Strong in 1:1's ??? C'mon mate he averaged less than one contested mark a game this year. He's done, the WCE know it, we all know it, they just don't want to pay him for what he gives them.
Darling doesnt take the marks, but he doesnt get outmarked either. Still remarkably strong for his size, but being 191cm has its disadvantages when against a traditional KPD

Physically cooked. Tabs has played most of the year, just at Peel. He's just old and decrepit.

Darling not far behind and doesnt provide much anymore IMO but like I said, has the benefit of an actual football brain.

Should have gone harder for Membrey IMO, an actual experienced KPF type that can still provide something.
Darling is still a competent AFL footballer, when hes not targeted by a midfield that can barely hit a target inside 50 at the best of times, its not weird that he has little impact offensively.
Still tackles, pressures, and doesnt get outmarked. He was basically BOG in round 21, hes far from cooked like Tabs

Has a place in a side that doesnt already have 2 A-grade KPFs + a ruck/fwd

Ummm....that's exactly what I said. Why should any other club help you guys out here? And I've seen him play a lot...we used to call him "Toovey's Pet" cos a much smaller defender (Alan Toovey) could run rings around Darling even then. Strong in 1:1's ??? C'mon mate he averaged less than one contested mark a game this year. He's done, the WCE know it, we all know it, they just don't want to pay him for what he gives them.
Mate he absolutely pumped you guys in the 3rd quarter of the 2018 GF . Tore the game apart . Big reason we won or have you wiped that from your memory

Good move by North.

He’s not keeping a young player out of the side.
And he will add experience to their forward line.

As long as it’s no more than 2 years.
If he’s playing seniors for them in 2027 then the club clearly hasn’t recruited any decent talls to complement their elite mids.

Darling is still a competent AFL footballer, when hes not targeted by a midfield that can barely hit a target inside 50 at the best of times, its not weird that he has little impact offensively.
Still tackles, pressures, and doesnt get outmarked. He was basically BOG in round 21, hes far from cooked like Tabs

Has a place in a side that doesnt already have 2 A-grade KPFs + a ruck/fwd
Didnt realise his round 21 was so good, might have one or two serviceable games left in him then. 6 months of ageing is an eternity once you're over 30 though. Good luck to him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So....you could have traded him then for what he was worth THEN. Unfortunately 6 years later he's NOT that guy anymore???
Who thinks he is worth anything ?

He is contracted but happy for him to go to North if they take his salary for a bugger all .

If they want us to pay his salary they would have to give us a useful pick .

This isn't a salary dump as we will be lucky to pay the salary floor next season.

2 of our highest paid players in barrass and darling look like leaving

We are frantically trying to front load contracts as we speak

With J Ralph talking about us downgrading our pick for Baker. I thought we might do the same

North pick 2
For
WCE pick 3 + Darling + Hawks pick 30/Future second

It's a win as Ralph put it. North don't need to waste a pick
Why on earth would we care if we traded out pick 58.

With J Ralph talking about us downgrading our pick for Baker. I thought we might do the same

North pick 2
For
WCE pick 3 + Darling + Hawks pick 30/Future second

It's a win as Ralph put it. North don't need to waste a pick
Why would we do this? Pick 40 would arguably be more useful (not more valuable) to us this year than upgrading pick 3 to pick 2.

There's something fishy going on. Pretty sure North and West Coast are colluding on something.
We're working together with Darling to get pick 1 from Richmond. We'll select a player together and they will alternate teams each weekend.

There's something fishy going on. Pretty sure North and West Coast are colluding on something.
Yeah i think the AFL call it a trade or sumfin..

Pretty sure it usually happens after the season finishes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Jack Darling - “Make me a Roo!”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back