Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

It was only a tongue in cheek jab.

Plenty of Crows fans on here speculating about our salary cap for some reason.

Lets be honest, we'd all be far from actually knowing

Would be great if the AFL published club's cap situations. Not per player, just the number of players contracted and amount committed. To protect individual player info, you wouldn't publish until a set amount of contracts have been committed. It would provide an advantage to acquiring clubs in salary dump situations but the last couple, Suns and Pies, it was common knowledge anyway and they'd all be subject to the same rules.

Triggered much?
Port has less cap room than Adelaide.
Choke on that you Muppet.

Is this a surprise? Port are playing in a prelim next weekend, whilst Adelaide finished in the bottom 4.

I am sure Port fans are reasonably content with having lesser room in the cap in exchange for a significantly better side.

In short, this isn't the zinger you thought it may have been, nor is it the place for a Port v Adelaide fight.

Please take it to the Bay.

Is this a surprise? Port are playing in a prelim next weekend, whilst Adelaide finished in the bottom 4.

I am sure Port fans are reasonably content with having lesser room in the cap in exchange for a significantly better side.

In short, this isn't the zinger you thought it may have been, nor is it the place for a Port v Adelaide fight.

Please take it to the Bay.

There are drinking age crows supporters that have yet to see their side play a final since primary school. Of course ports cap has less space. But that doesn’t mean port hasn’t got space to cover Luko if he chooses them.

Holy crap. Only a Gold Coast supporter could have such a poor grasp of how football works.
Very ill-informed take of your own here, to assume that someone that supports the Suns would not have a strong background in Football is naive.

Do you realise that the GC is one of if not the most popular places for people to move to from the freezing south? bringing their love of football with them and building a relationship with the Suns if only as a second team ( their kids will share the passion but likely for the local team)

Do you realise there are more kids in SEQ playing footy than in South Australia? The future is here and if you don’t look outside of your insular bubble it may just get popped

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like he is waiting for an offer from Port and then will probably go to whoever pays him the most/ the longest contract..

If he wanted to go to Adelaide, he would have come out and said it already, shirley.
If I was him and Port offered anything like a reasonable contract at good length regardless of what Adelaide offer, i would be signing that as Dixon is cooked, Marshall may never play again due to concussions and their other forwards outside of Georgiades are a long way off it it seems. A key forward role that he seems to want is sitting right there in a team contending right now.

I would actually be quite shocked now if he did pick Adelaide as he has Thilthorpe and Fogarty in the way, Tex around for another year and young Welsh coming in. So being a key forward may be a hard gig to get there.

If I was him and Port offered anything like a reasonable contract at good length regardless of what Adelaide offer, i would be signing that as Dixon is cooked, Marshall may never play again due to concussions and their other forwards outside of Georgiades are a long way off it it seems. A key forward role that he seems to want is sitting right there in a team contending right now.

I would actually be quite shocked now if he did pick Adelaide as he has Thilthorpe and Fogarty in the way, Tex around for another year and young Welsh coming in. So being a key forward may be a hard gig to get there.
Lukosius wouldn't necessarily be competing with Fogarty and Thilthorpe. Ideally Adelaide would play 3 tall forwards with Thilthorpe playing time in the ruck. Lukosius actually fits in really well with those two as they are both best playing inside 50, whereas Lukosius seems best suited to playing higher up the ground as a true centre half forward.

As exciting as Welsh is, it looks like he will be a mid to late draft pick. Key forwards picked up that late in the draft have a very low rate of success. I'm sure that if Lukosius went to Adelaide, Walker would make way in the 22 as he is clearly not a long term option.

At Port Power, Lukosius would probably be relied on to be more of an inside 50 target, at least in the short term. I'm not sure that suits him but it might be his preference. I think there is equally good opportunity as a key forward at both SA clubs, albeit slightly different roles.

For what it's worth, I think Adelaide were holding off re-signing Walker until they knew where Lukosius was intending to go. The fact that he was re-signed, and has publicly stated that his role in 2025 will be similar to this year, suggests to me that Lukosius won't be at the Crows next year.

Jon Ralph once again reporting that Luko wants to stay and that even the Crows and Power know it.

Hopefully Dimma can sit Luko down and talk to him about renegotiating his contract, seems clear he’s not getting $$$$ elsewhere so he may be open to it if he prefers to stay on the Coast

interesting times

Jon Ralph once again reporting that Luko wants to stay and that even the Crows and Power know it.

Hopefully Dimma can sit Luko down and talk to him about renegotiating his contract, seems clear he’s not getting $$$$ elsewhere so he may be open to it if he prefers to stay on the Coast

interesting times
He will save us from ourselves if he stays as we are well covered for forwards and badly need top end midfielders which is where draft capital should be directed to. Giving up a possible F1 to get him in a deal if that is what it would take may not be in the clubs best interest.

He will save us from ourselves if he stays as we are well covered for forwards and badly need top end midfielders which is where draft capital should be directed to. Giving up a possible F1 to get him in a deal if that is what it would take may not be in the clubs best interest.
It’s funny that some of your fellow Crows fans maybe get a bit fixated on getting SA talent to return “home” regardless of their suitability. I, like you also don’t see how Luko makes your team better atm, agree that quality mids should be the focus

It’s funny that some of your fellow Crows fans maybe get a bit fixated on getting SA talent to return “home” regardless of their suitability. I, like you also don’t see how Luko makes your team better atm, agree that quality mids should be the focus
Yeah, although I am a bit guilty of looking at SA talent when it is there and improves the team as you worry less about them leaving. Cumming (if he can stay fit) is the one we need as he is a fast half back and will add drive to the team. FWIW, I would be throwing the kitchen sink at Finn Callaghan next year and even Phillipou (SA)...but thats a discussion for another thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back