Trade Requested Jack Darling - “Make me a Roo!”

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't make him a smart footballer. He's strong and good overhead with a quick few steps.
He doesn’t block leading lanes for other forwards, knows how to drag defenders away from key targets, can half a contest extremely well for someone of his size and is very adept at f50 pressure for a bigger guy. As an undersized key foward that isnt a very good contested mark he needs to rely on other tricks to be effective. Bizzare comment.

I don’t think he is as good as he was previously due to loosing a step and can be a liability at times but to say he doesn’t have forward craft is a lie

It’s amazing this thread. It’s about Darling to North effectively and it’s freo fans who feel they need to pick up the fight.

I’d more worry your own players looking to leave your club annually.
If Darling Leaves, you can have Matt Taberner for a season or 2. lol

So we lose a player, continue to pay part of his salary, all to move up one single draft spot in the 70’s?

Do you do anything other than troll in these threads?
Well lets have a look at this in a more positive way

You have a 32 year old foward on his last legs that will most likely play WAFL in 2025 so you can get games into Williams and Archer Reid as well as your Captain Oscar Allen combined with Waterman and if required Maric.

So in 2025 your paying Jack Darling $800k to sit in the WAFL
If you pay 200k of his salary then thats a net saving of $600k not wasted

Sounds like a win to me . What am i missing here ?

Well lets have a look at this in a more positive way

You have a 32 year old foward on his last legs that will most likely play WAFL in 2025 so you can get games into Williams and Archer Reid as well as your Captain Oscar Allen combined with Waterman and if required Maric.

So in 2025 your paying Jack Darling $800k to sit in the WAFL
If you pay 200k of his salary then thats a net saving of $600k not wasted

Sounds like a win to me . What am i missing here ?
You're missing the fact we're struggling to make the floor and Darling can still contribute to the development of our players + contracted.

You're missing the fact we're struggling to make the floor and Darling can still contribute to the development of our players + contracted.
Not missing any fact

Its very easy to use the entire cap in 2025 as you could easily front end the players contracted to open up space for next year where you could either attract Warner with $4-6 mil up front because you had already paid up this year.
Or Cap trading comes in as expected and you buy a 1st rounder with cap space

Next question

If this loose campaigner hasn't lost a step it's no loss to me loser. Pull your head in, if you can't spell maybe don't write. And J.D is cooked, maybe even more than you.
No guarantee he’s effective if he moves and yes he’s declined significantly physically in the last 3 years. Non of your KPP outside of Larkey kicked close to the amount of goals he kicked in a poor year. It’s a risk but clearly your management thinks he can bring some leadership and guile to your forward line.

And lol I haven’t made any spelling mistakes so check yourself first.

This is what I can't see past. He's a Perth bloke married to a Perth girl, with school aged kids. I can't see them uprooting to the other side the country for a year or two.

Stranger things have happened though.
A friend of mine spoke to Clancy Pearce. He said that Clancy told me that Hawthorn offered him a two-year contract after he was cut by the Dockers. Pearce didn't take the offer because he would have uprooted his wife and kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No guarantee he’s effective if he moves and yes he’s declined significantly physically in the last 3 years. Non of your KPP outside of Larkey kicked close to the amount of goals he kicked in a poor year. It’s a risk but clearly your management thinks he can bring some leadership and guile to your forward line.

And lol I haven’t made any spelling mistakes so check yourself first.
"Loosing a step"

I'm not joking, in this draft, once those picks move up from bid matching, I'm backing WC to win that trade comfortably.

Eagles have 58 that fingers crossed will be enough to match a bid on Champion made in the 30's to 40''s.

Then 68 becomes our substitute 3rd round pick. With picks used up on bids may end up around 59. Noah Long pick territory and this is definately a deeper draft.

Hoping we somehow end up taking to the draft four picks under 35 plus 58 and 68.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Jack Darling - “Make me a Roo!”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back