Rumour Jack Darling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we could be a chance of getting McGovern, on a purely 'could we get it done?' side of things but Darling just won't happen.

Whoever said above that we'd have to trade Fyfe probably wouldn't be too far off. They absolutely love Darling and he is worth more to them than just his on-field performance.

Would you really want McGovern. Not sure if he would add anything to our list.

I continually read about how west coast has waaaay more talent than freo. I'm happy for their supporters to continue to believe that. It generally leads to their frustration and angst about why the hell they're not making finals!

Lols all around to be had.
they might have 'talent' but their egos or attitude didn't allow them to play as a "team"

RE: Masten being a screw up, it wasn't that long ago Freo fans laughed at how we got it wrong picking Masten over Palmer. How did that turn out?

Anyway, why 'thankfully' not getting Darling? Just don't like him or is a 21 year old forward who has kicked nearly 2 goals a game from his first 3 seasons not good enough to make your side also?

Palmer would have been great if not for the "Barlow incident". Masten's injuries have held back his true potential.

We have Mayne who is a better overall player. We don't need another third tall who is bog average when actually playing on defenders of any capability.
I don't see them as competing for the same spot.

Darling would be 1st or 2nd tall.

Oh and Darling>>>JPod by a few country miles.

Darling = Mayne, if Mayne didn't care about tackling as much as goals.

If Mayne was more about hitting the scoreboard than playing the team role, he'd have a better goal tally each year.

Why is it that I am too reserved to discuss a Masten discussion on our own boards?

... Go and talk about how good Masten is on your own crumby boards.

I don't see them as competing for the same spot.

Darling would be 1st or 2nd tall.

Oh and Darling>>>JPod by a few country miles.
LOL Darling first tall. The guy will never be a first tall in any team. He only kicks "bags" against teams with first defenders who are average. Any team with a decent defence, he struggles.

Firstly, he isn't going anywhere.

Secondly, it would take a straight swap with Fyfe to get it done.

Thirdly, Masten would be a walk up start in your midfield.

Funny thread though.

That is close to the most ****ing stupid post I have ever seen on this site

Fair dinkum, get it together :thumbsdown:

LOL Darling first tall. The guy will never be a first tall in any team. He only kicks "bags" against teams with first defenders who are average. Any team with a decent defence, he struggles.
Ok, I'm not claiming to know his game inside and out, but he's a young bloke with a lot more development left to come and to already be kicking 50 goals in a season is a pretty fair effort. And I am sure they weren't all against poor defensive teams. I remember him playing a blistering game against us this season, it was a bit scary tbh.

Give him another couple of years and he'll have Kennedy in the back seat.

This is no slight against Mayne either, because we all know what he brings to the table.

You mean the game where Alex "superstar" Silvagni played on him? Yeah, Silvagni is our 4th best defender.. says it all. His 5 goal hauls came against Silvagni, Melbourne, GWS and the Bulldogs. He kicked just 1 against Sydney, Geelong and Collingwood, 0 against Adelaide (who have a good defence)

You mean the game where Alex "superstar" Silvagni played on him? Yeah, Silvagni is our 4th best defender.. says it all. His 5 goal hauls came against Silvagni, Melbourne, GWS and the Bulldogs. He kicked just 1 against Sydney, Geelong and Collingwood, 0 against Adelaide (who have a good defence)
Granted, but I am sure you can appreciate that with time his contribution will become more consistent?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Granted, but I am sure you can appreciate that with time his contribution will become more consistent?
Not really. He's already played 3 seasons and it hasn't changed a bit. Plus with his ego, nothing will ever change because he thinks he is perfect already.

Not with an ego like that. And general improvement usually comes from physical improvement. He has none left, he's already as big as he is going to get.
I think a bit of ego is useful for a forward. His size won't change, but I think his skill definitely will.

He's just about to hit his peak playing years.

Not with an ego like that. And general improvement usually comes from physical improvement. He has none left, he's already as big as he is going to get.

Was going to just watch in amusement but you are just so far off the mark that I can't help myself.

Last year Darling played more as the number 1 forward whilst Kennedy was out for a long time with injuries and did very well considering he was just 20 and in his second season. Signs are pretty good that he will be able to handle the number 1 forward role.

This year he has played further up the ground allowing Kennedy to stay closer to home. To kick 40 odd goals in that role is nothing to be scoffed at.

You are correct about his bags of goals coming against the lesser defences but that isn't uncommon at all. Plenty of time to improve on that.

You seem to have something against him which is fine but to try and say that he won't improve any further because of his ego and because he is already physically developed is laughable.

Young key forwards don't take so much time to produce just because of their body developing. It's also because they have to learn how to play on AFL level defenders. Darling, at just 21, is still learning this. understandable I would have thought.

As for his ego, well from all reports he works his backside off at training and during the preseason so I don't see were you seem to be getting the idea that he already thinks he is perfect.

Tell me how hard it is to live as a prophet in the modern world!!

I have the trade for you if you want Darling.

Fyfe, Walters and your first round pick and you can have Darling. You would still end up in front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back