Toast Jack Dyer Medal 2024 - Positive vibes only

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets keep this thread positive vibes only, especially for the night please.

Its been a shit year, so lets have one good night. You have heaps of other threads to voice criticisms in.

Anyone being overly negative will be threadbanned.

Given the amount of money these players are on, I dont think it should be too hard to string a couple of sentences together. No excuses from my side. If you can't speak in front of an audience, then look to get better at it. Shai Bolton came across as someone that didn't complete year 7 , given the level of that speech. Shai Bolton I just checked is a 25 year old man, yes a 25 year old man.....not a boy.
Turns out money doesn't suddenly make you a good public speaker. Especially when it's to a room of 1000 people.

Get a grip.

Turns out money doesn't suddenly make you a good public speaker. Especially when it's to a room of 1000 people.

Get a grip.
Yeah Bolton has never been a comfortable speaker nor has Baker really who has always tended to do the odd post match on the spot that is completely different given they are asked direct questions

We have been spoiled by the likes of Cotch, Grimes and even Hardwick who are both good public speakers and know how to command a room

Get a grip.
Well the question I have is why isn't he ? Is he shy? Cmon your a professional footballer, you should be looking at ways at improving your speaking skills. He isnt a girl ffs.

You would think money could buy someone a bit of class.

Short in the top 10...WTF
team america vomit GIF

It's really not hard:

"Been a challenging year, not to the level we expect... plenty of great people at the club though, so am sure we will bounce back... thank everyone.. I'll obviously not be a part of it but have had an incredible time at the club.. thank everyone again... I'll always be a tiger for life / tigers will always have a special place in my heart... thanks"

Unpreparedness to not even be able to say something like that shows me that we are better off letting them walk out the door

Two young players who aren’t great speakers who opted to say little in fear of saying something stupid which may offend .
The club has embraced change in people’s lives ( lack of loyalty ) though appointing a player they bought in as captain and condoning possibly the biggest leader in the club banging a staffer whilst married .
Banging a staffer? Who doing who?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's really not hard:

"Been a challenging year, not to the level we expect... plenty of great people at the club though, so am sure we will bounce back... thank everyone.. I'll obviously not be a part of it but have had an incredible time at the club.. thank everyone again... I'll always be a tiger for life / tigers will always have a special place in my heart... thanks"

Unpreparedness to not even be able to say something like that shows me that we are better off letting them walk out the door
If they weren't confidence at speaking, I honestly wouldn't have ever minded if they read it off a piece of paper or something. Even Dustin Martin in his farewell game at the MCG , a man of little words, knows how to win over the fans, players, committee. They couldn't do worse than looking at him as an example. Im pretty sure in one of his games, he spoke to around 90k audience.

If they weren't confidence at speaking, I honestly wouldn't have ever minded if they read it off a piece of paper or something. Even Dustin Martin in his farewell game at the MCG , a man of little words, knows how to win over the fans, players, committee. They couldn't do worse than looking at him as an example.
they have agents/managers, surely one of them would have given them some dot points to at least refer back to- joke

Well the question I have is why isn't he ? Is he shy? Cmon your a professional footballer, you should be looking at ways at improving your speaking skills. He isnt a girl ffs.

You would think money could buy someone a bit of class.
I support Richmond and cannot stand watching these kinds of awards. At the best of times. Thanks for the critiques, how about you get a life.

Bolton is a Millionaire noongar footballer. Can't put 2 words together is not stopping Freo's mad efforts to recruit him.
Ya reckon Freo give us less cos he speaks publicly poorly.

Dustin Martin ~ better footballer, even worse public speaker. Suns gunna take him for is football skills (maybe)

D Rioli has a bogan accent, not that comfortable public peaking. Suns are throwing draft picks at us to get him for his footy skills.

Nankervis not that comfortable public peaking.

elsewhere, why didn't Dyson Heppell ever lost his country bogan accent.

Last edited:
Yze making the players stand up was about the most assertive he's been in the role... I didn't mind it even though it was awkward as **** "go on, on your feet".

**** the bar is low lol
Yze sounded like he was over it especially with players leaving

Yeah Bolton has never been a comfortable speaker nor has Baker really who has always tended to do the odd post match on the spot that is completely different given they are asked direct questions

We have been spoiled by the likes of Cotch, Grimes and even Hardwick who are both good public speakers and know how to command a room
Yea some people just aren’t great with words .
Like referring to 3 as both.

I guess what concerns me is a couple of things. The dispassion i feel watching the speeches of the departing. It’s disappointing.
But also the concerns i have in that 3 of the top 6 are leaving. We need to bring some experience back in the other way. If we go with just kids, we will get slaughtered next season.
I can understand the flatness in the room. It was a shit, hard year. I’d be more concerned if they were carrying on like rockstars to be honest.
Bring on next year.

The worst thing about that speech was Liam Baker thought he was being funny up on that stage.

The 2nd half of the speech he was clearly trying to make a mockery of Richmonds future.
I didn’t think that the case at all. I think he was just drunk. Am I disappointed he didn’t thank the club more for the opportunities he has been given? Yes. But there certainly wasn’t disrespect etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Jack Dyer Medal 2024 - Positive vibes only

Remove this Banner Ad

Back