News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Brick by brick*

*To be clear, you will NOT be actually put on a brick when you donate despite the campaign making it seem like you will.
digital bricks

Brick by brick*

*To be clear, you will NOT be actually put on a brick when you donate despite the campaign making it seem like you will.

This is pretty clear.

“Brick donations will be acknowledged on our Brick by Brick digital honour board at Tigerland, not physically marked on the bricks.”

which games are we gonna need 8000 seats for

about 57 turn up for vfl and whats the cflw getting these days, 2k?
Just the 2,439 to a sold out AFLW match at Punt Road because the spectator facilities are so shit.

Considering Sydney averaged 5k crowds last year, I wouldn't have thought an 8k PRO for Richmond is going to prove too big for very long. Attendance for women's football is on the rise, despite what you may have heard.

Just the 2,439 to a sold out AFLW match at Punt Road because the spectator facilities are so shit.

Considering Sydney averaged 5k crowds last year, I wouldn't have thought an 8k PRO for Richmond is going to prove too big for very long. Attendance for women's football is on the rise, despite what you may have heard.
i mean the official figures show that despite, as you point out, a rise from 2358 avg crowd in 22 to 2868 in 23; these numbers are just a tad, like 50 percent less than the inaugural year and 2020 crowd avgs of 6556 and 5994 respectively

i mean the official figures show that despite, as you point out, a rise from 2358 avg crowd in 22 to 2868 in 23; these numbers are just a tad, like 50 percent less than the inaugural year and 2020 crowd avgs of 6556 and 5994 respectively
Adding 10 teams and 70 games in a short space of time will do that. The AFL average dropped 5k just by adding 2 teams and 22 games in 2011-12.

Eventually the numbers fully recovered though (and then some), helped along by significant investments in matchday venues (Adelaide Oval, Perth Stadium, SCG, Kardinia Park, Docklands). Going by your philosophy, Port Adelaide should still be playing in front of tarps at the rundown Football Park.

It will be able to host VFL curtain-raisers before games at the G. VFL finals. etc.

Adding 10 teams and 70 games in a short space of time will do that. The AFL average dropped 5k just by adding 2 teams and 22 games in 2011-12.

Eventually the numbers fully recovered though (and then some), helped along by significant investments in matchday venues (Adelaide Oval, Perth Stadium, SCG, Kardinia Park, Docklands). Going by your philosophy, Port Adelaide should still be playing in front of tarps at the rundown Football Park.
whats my philosophy exactly lmao

(Log in to remove this ad.)

whats my philosophy exactly lmao
Denying the connection between the quality of a venue and its ability to draw crowds.

I wouldn't have thought it's hard to figure out that if you have a grandstand at PRO which people can actually sit in, attendance for matches there will significantly increase.

Denying the connection between the quality of a venue and its ability to draw crowds.

I wouldn't have thought it's hard to figure out that if you have a grandstand at PRO which people can actually sit in, attendance for matches there will significantly increase.
wouldnt reallly call that philosophy

denying? quote me denying that please

or stfu cos you just made that up keklulz

the attendance figures were across the league not punt road only

why the **** are you even in here you voted to sink our club you dogs

the attendance figures were across the league not punt road only
The attendance figures are dragged down by many of the biggest clubs playing in venues which are terrible for their supporters.

If you don't deny that, I'm not sure why you brought up the attendance figures to begin with.

The attendance figures are dragged down by many of the biggest clubs playing in venues which are terrible for their supporters.

If you don't deny that, I'm not sure why you brought up the attendance figures to begin with.
cos seating capacity is one of the pillars of this development that most bread and butter members do not want

again, as a kanga kanga kanga why are you here

wait, let me guess- cflw

so the club is going for a 100mill project based on providing better facilities than the ones that just got us a freaking dynasty, and so that we can accommodate the womens team and have a flashy grotesque stairway new stand that will seat 8000 ppl in marquis womens and vfl games

hmmm 50 million debt to earn **** all off seating capacity anyway to accommodate a dying league no offense but the cflw does not attract crowds it is a congested mess being propped up by cfl funding and does not warrant such a massive debt for our club

this is about our ground not sharten street so jog on kanga kid

cos seating capacity is one of the pillars of this development that most bread and butter members do not want

again, as a kanga kanga kanga why are you here

wait, let me guess- cflw

so the club is going for a 100mill project based on providing better facilities than the ones that just got us a freaking dynasty, and so that we can accommodate the womens team and have a flashy grotesque stairway new stand that will seat 8000 ppl in marquis womens and vfl games

hmmm 50 million debt to earn **** all off seating capacity anyway to accommodate a dying league no offense but the cflw does not attract crowds it is a congested mess being propped up by cfl funding and does not warrant such a massive debt for our club

this is about our ground not sharten street so jog on kanga kid
The entire project is a cluster#### of epic proportions.

A Richmond AFLW membership is worth $115 for GA so I can’t see how this is going to cover the exorbitant amount of money projected into the stadium.

A Richmond VFL membership I believe is still incorporated within your Richmond membership and again I can’t see how these two clubs will cover or pay off the costs. It’s all bullshit and only fools will buy into it.

Last edited:
Improved facilities for AFLW is the only reason state and federal govts are tipping in $30m (even though it's largely going to be spent on other things).

I wonder what will cost more to build (by about $40m): some seats for any member to sit on... or the three-level underground carpark which most members will never get to use.

i donated 1000s to save our skins. just demolish the joint and rebuild. place can’t be fixed piecemeal. need an overal vision for the precinct including a proper train station and walkway. the govt has heaps of money. do it properly. not buying a brick. i am a platinum member. feel i have done enough.

i donated 1000s to save our skins. just demolish the joint and rebuild. place can’t be fixed piecemeal. need an overal vision for the precinct including a proper train station and walkway. the govt has heaps of money. do it properly. not buying a brick. i am a platinum member. feel i have done enough.
why the government wont commit to Richmond station to be done at the same time ? mske it a construction zone at the same damn time not once now and again in a few years

If we wore blue hoops we'd get it all at once

Remove this Banner Ad

Back