News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Building costs arent captured in the cpi ol mate , bread milk and bacon are , oh and the ulp you put in the tank . Yiu could google what the measuring sticks are exactly , ill put my left nut on it there’s no bags of cement or building materials cited

Those costs are in the PPI which flow eventually into the CPI. Not direct tho. Costs of production are generally tried to be recovered in prices of goods and services, if possible.

Looking like a job for the new CEO if they are struggling to get it funded

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
At the end of the day, I actually don't mind the club going into debt for the right projects.

And barring maybe the carpark, most people would understand that an ugrade to facilities is pivital to the club staying up with the competition.

Given the AFL's equalisation policy, lets be the club that gets the bigger handouts for a couple of years to help build our new facilities.

At the end of the day, I actually don't mind the club going into debt for the right projects.

And barring maybe the carpark, most people would understand that an ugrade to facilities is pivital to the club staying up with the competition.

Given the AFL's equalisation policy, lets be the club that gets the bigger handouts for a couple of years to help build our new facilities.
I'm not 100% sure but I think the MCC might be pitching in on the carpark

I'm not 100% sure but I think the MCC might be pitching in on the carpark
I'm sure there are some commercials at play with the Car park (whether up front, or long term agreement/lease) which will offset some of the costs. I am actually all for the carpark.

I just excluded it because I know some aren't. So even if we didn't do the car park, the project still should definitely go ahead 100% in my view, even if it means going into debt and letting the AFL help us pay it off.

I'm sure there are some commercials at play with the Car park (whether up front, or long term agreement/lease) which will offset some of the costs. I am actually all for the carpark.

I just excluded it because I know some aren't. So even if we didn't do the car park, the project still should definitely go ahead 100% in my view, even if it means going into debt and letting the AFL help us pay it off.
That’s a pretty good point , commercial interests would be all over that if the oppo opened up

Ours has a triple basement car park for the silvertails which adds approx 15-20 mill to the cost alone IIRC
cheaper to buy some houses on lennox st and knock em down for a multiplex

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheaper to build the car park above ground at the northern end and put the money into a proper 15,000 seat stadium with the change.
they prob want a bomb shelter for ww3

Cheaper to build the car park above ground at the northern end and put the money into a proper 15,000 seat stadium with the change.
An above-ground car park would be detrimental to Yarra Park and would not be approved

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back