News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm more likely to buy a raffle ticket that gives me a very slight chance at something tangible for $10 than a digital brick that will probably be lost in the ether within a few short months/years. The more I think about it the more I can't help but think that the digital bricks are just a hare-brained idea. And as for real bricks being used in the foundation of the proposed development I can imagine that a few get tossed into the concrete to meet the obligation and the rest just get carted off.

I'm more likely to buy a raffle ticket that gives me a very slight chance at something tangible for $10 than a digital brick that will probably be lost in the ether within a few short months/years. The more I think about it the more I can't help but think that the digital bricks are just a hare-brained idea. And as for real bricks being used in the foundation of the proposed development I can imagine that a few get tossed into the concrete to meet the obligation and the rest just get carted off.
Yep the raffle is a better idea although the brick idea could've worked if done properly. I've been involved in three parishes during my time where two had extensions and one was a complete rebuild due to fire and bricks were used either in the building or for paving. The parishioners all bought into the buy a real brick concept bc they got their names etched into a brick or more than one. A piece of paper online was a terrible way of doing it bc it was stingy as it really had no attachment to the development. I can go to all three parishes and see my name on two of them and parents on the other. It holds historical and physical significance to me bc it shows we helped establish the parishes during an important time in its history.

The Faustian pact. On one hand psycho good recruiting of Ronaldson, Northey, Bourke, Clay, Hart, Sheedy, Bartlett, Green, Richardson, Barrot, Hunt. Then astute regeneration to bring in Balme, McGhie, Sproule, Wood, Walsh etc.

The other Part of the pact: lose plenty too. Billy Barrott, Roberts, Hafey?

5 flags was the prize of his eat em strategy. and 37 year drought was the price of Graeme Richmond. I was old enough to fully enjoy that era.

Thank goodness Gale at the Club broke the drought.
Efa

Building costs arent captured in the cpi ol mate , bread milk and bacon are , oh and the ulp you put in the tank . Yiu could google what the measuring sticks are exactly , ill put my left nut on it there’s no bags of cement or building materials cited
No but furniture, tvs, phones, are

Ours is on prime realestate and will increase our asset value substantially as well as up to date training facilities or we can keep a derelict old stand that can't be used and fall behind the rest of the comp like before
Do we own the Real Estate?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

went through there a coupleof weeks ago...
Nice, new, massive upgrade for them, but nothing groundbreaking.
Not a lot os space either, so will be similiar to what we have to work with

What are we paying again?
Not bad at all...doggies doing very nicely here!
I remember the old car park behind the Stadium with it's big tall trees...big empty old space!
The walk to the ground across the main road from the Rising Sun Hotel...pre game drinkies!
It all looks so different now, how times have changed...

They should’ve started it when we won our the 2019 GF, but COVID came and messed everything up. I still don’t believe there’s a 67% hike in costs.
It wasn’t just covid, that’s where it started but the war in Russia also compounded everything and Gaza now as well

Shipping has copped challenges due to all of the above from higher fuel prices to having to use different routes that have caused company’s with the coin to leverage that they get stuff first and everything just drops down the pecking order but eats the inflated price

Throw in domestic factors as well it’s a complete shitstorm economically

F/all difference especially since we will have multi level underground parking
We don’t need underground car parking as it does nothing for us. We haven’t needed it to now and it’s only there for a few hundred stuck up parasites. We are in Richmond a green area and public transportation and bicycles are the go. Plus there is heaps of parking next door at a cheap rate. The car park space should be for actual infrastructure that the club and members can use. It’s a liability and an unnecessary cost. The bulldogs kennel is top notch in comparison to what we’re getting.

It wasn’t just covid, that’s where it started but the war in Russia also compounded everything and Gaza now as well

Shipping has copped challenges due to all of the above from higher fuel prices to having to use different routes that have caused company’s with the coin to leverage that they get stuff first and everything just drops down the pecking order but eats the inflated price

Throw in domestic factors as well it’s a complete shitstorm economically
You couldn’t get tradies mate and work was basically stopped. All the rest is nonsense .Covid was the major factor.

You couldn’t get tradies mate and work was basically stopped. All the rest is nonsense .Covid was the major factor.
You are only talking about domestic factors, a lot more goes into it now

You are only talking about domestic factors, a lot more goes into it now
If you can’t get workers bc of COVID restrictions and a huge proportion we’re out in regional Victoria bc of bushfires and they were on high paid insurance work. The Russian war was a drop in the ocean in comparison. In the end it was all at the wrong time for the project. Believe what you want, but I’m not falling for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back