News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

The Godees never invested in their facilities, just got cheap rent under the MCG…until they got booted. Now look at them. Where do they train, where’s their home base, their spiritual home???
And sure enough their culture is crap and their marquee player wants to leave.

We have approx 100k members so raise memberships by $10 for a year and that’s a million raised already. They’re embarrassing themselves with this digital brick concept and all need to have a hard look at themselves.
They should’ve done what decent organisations do and inscribe names on real bricks and they would’ve sold like beer in a dust storm. I know at least 20 members that have ridiculed the whole thing and seen it as a massive slap in the face and insult by the club . A piece of paper downloaded on you PC to print out is a piss take of the highest order.
Couldn’t agree more and said the same thing as soon as I read about it. Embarrassing. Just cut the free scarves and hats for a season and save the half a mil. Would look much better. And by the way, how about sending each member a free Dusty 300 cheap arse T shirt rather than charging $60 for one at his 300th game? The thing wouldn’t cost more than $5 to make. They looked so cheap and nasty and a container load from India or China would cost F all. Our marketing has turned to crap like a lot of other things.

Because all our spare cash goes towards propping up your club so it doesn’t fail
I want the redevelopment to start! I have been to AFLW games there and spectator facilities are the worst in the AFLW. The sooner the redevelopment happens, the better

I want the redevelopment to start! I have been to AFLW games there and spectator facilities are the worst in the AFLW. The sooner the redevelopment happens, the better
Well you support a new plastic franchise club so I understand that you don't give two blanks about our history being destroyed.
A lot of posters on this board are the same.

The Redevelopment has been disaster with overshot costs & delays.

I think Richmond supporters & members should be asking more questions hopefully at the next AGM.
100%.
I vented my frustration with the membership team.
Why as members, should we just accept the cost blow outs without a solid explanation?
It was blown out by 60M or something stupid as well.....that isnt just inflation...

100%.
I vented my frustration with the membership team.
Why as members, should we just accept the cost blow outs without a solid explanation?
It was blown out by 60M or something stupid as well.....that isnt just inflation...
I've shown all the PPI rates over the last 6years around three times now and it's nowhere near the 67%. It's around 15-20% as materials have gone down again after COVID. I've also shown steel and concrete prices to be only around 8-10% higher since. I honestly believe the club needs to get new quotes as it appears they are giving mates a big bonus here to do the job. In the end if the club gets a loan to pay for it, the members will end up having to pay the majority of it as we are their primary bread and butter. They need to start sourcing different quotes and even scrap most of the 15-20 million dollar car park as it's unnecessary and just a luxury for a few lazy arses who refuse to walk a couple of hundred metres or have no consideration for the environment as they can just use public transport.

We just won 3 flags with the small PRO dimensions and to me this increasing the ground dimensions to the G dimensions is hog wash. Sydney plays on a smaller ground and Geelong also and other grounds are bigger or of different dimensions.
It's all a waste of money and just rubbish. If you want to win premierships do what we did at the end of 2016 and invest in a FD and fitness and medical staff. Also add that you need to pay for the best list managers, drafters and assistants as all of these areas being neglected have led to our quick demise and not the dimensions of PRO . LOL

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

member survey asking the important questions

View attachment 2105843
GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

Digital bricks are made from R G and B colours, which are all colours of the colour spectrum. So, I feel like we're being diverse and inclusive enough (if they were physical terracotta bricks I'd be ropeable).

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back