News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

They also asked a bunch of questions about the overall management and performance of the club. For the life of me not sure how anyone could see this and get upset
because they are non footballing irrelevant matters

focus on football

images

because they are non footballing irrelevant matters

focus on football

images
Diversity and inclusion is absolutely relevant to football! Growing the game amongst women/indigenous Australians/ethnic minority groups or basically anyone not traditionally represented in football only benefits the game.

Besides, every single club, i.e., the 17 teams who performed better than us this year, has diversity objectives. It's not the reason we're crap now and it won't be what holds us back from succeeding again

Diversity and inclusion is absolutely relevant to football! Growing the game amongst women/indigenous Australians/ethnic minority groups or basically anyone not traditionally represented in football only benefits the game.

Besides, every single club, i.e., the 17 teams who performed better than us this year, has diversity objectives. It's not the reason we're crap now and it won't be what holds us back from succeeding again
where are the gay/lesbian/trans/they/thems

im offended

at least use our name. dont umbrella

All that shit doesn’t mean shit when our principal business has been an absolute failure.

Women, ethnic backgrounds, gay, lesbian, Transgender people won’t support loser teams. It’s about winning football games. End of. The rest is bullshit tied up with politics.

These guys got an absolute barrel from me too captain blood 17 - those words look very similar.

That’s the problem ain’t it. Worried about hurting feelings than being the best.

Why is it always either one or the other?

How does a couple of diversity questions, or them spending a small amount of attention to it stop us from being the best?

We were pretty woke during our flag years too, didn't stop us winning 3.

hmm,

they seem to be doing ok..

View attachment 2105991View attachment 2105992
wow they must SUCK

Pretty simplistic view when they have dedicated funds and concentration more heavily on their football. Unlike what we have been doing.

I’m hoping our new CEO has identified this. That survey was putrid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All that shit doesn’t mean shit when our principal business has been an absolute failure.

Women, ethnic backgrounds, gay, lesbian, Transgender people won’t support loser teams. It’s about winning football games. End of. The rest is bullshit tied up with politics.

These guys got an absolute barrel from me too captain blood 17 - those words look very similar.
We spend every moment of our working lives living amongst pronouns, protests etc etc. All we see on social media and news is anger, frustration, identity politics etc. Can we not just have footy for 3 hours a week. A small release to remove our frustrations. Laugh, cry, etc etc. I love our work with the Allanah Madelaine Foundation and other things. They are great and noble causes. But, it shouldn't over ride the one thing we do which is love and support the team.
I see diversity and inclusion is a big messaging part of the Tigers these days. I ask this, when was ANY football club not welcoming of all walks of life? I don't recall a banner at Punt rd in 1994 saying whites great, the rest of ya f.... off and support the dogs. That's the beauty of sport. We all watch it. Support it. Connect with it. We don't need a ****in policy on it or a dick measuring contest to see who can be the most diverse etc. Just get on with it.

My point again is this. When were we not ever an inclusive supportive club? When were we not welcoming to all communities? I don't think having gay supporters or people of other races is a particularly new phenomena to Richmond or any club. Pretty sure they have been supporting footy forever.

Bottom line is if we get it right on the footy field, play an exciting brand of footy and start competing in finals people will come in droves to watch and memberships, crowds and merchandise sales will soar.
Get it wrong and become a cellar dweller for another 37 years and income will plummet. The football department is the only important thing. We are a footy club FFS.

We spend every moment of our working lives living amongst pronouns, protests etc etc. All we see on social media and news is anger, frustration, identity politics etc. Can we not just have footy for 3 hours a week. A small release to remove our frustrations. Laugh, cry, etc etc. I love our work with the Allanah Madelaine Foundation and other things. They are great and noble causes. But, it shouldn't over ride the one thing we do which is love and support the team.
I see diversity and inclusion is a big messaging part of the Tigers these days. I ask this, when was ANY football club not welcoming of all walks of life? I don't recall a banner at Punt rd in 1994 saying whites great, the rest of ya f.... off and support the dogs. That's the beauty of sport. We all watch it. Support it. Connect with it. We don't need a ****in policy on it or a dick measuring contest to see who can be the most diverse etc. Just get on with it.
Not being actively bigoted is a pretty low bar for inclusion

I’d say for people of those diverse groups being acknowledged and spoken about and being felt as seen and belonging without having to be quiet about who they are helps grow the passion they feel for the club. Then when others of similar backgrounds see that they see sport as a safe place for them to be and the sport grows

Prime example is Bachar Houli. By your suggestion he should have simply been quiet about his faith and played sport and not bothered us about it. Instead he was proud of who he was spoke up, became a leader and we have his institute and surely a shit tonne more supporters from his faith that we wouldn’t have had without him

Inclusivity is good for the AFL and good for Richmond

I’d say for people of those diverse groups being acknowledged and spoken about and being felt as seen and belonging without having to be quiet about who they are helps grow the passion they feel for the club. Then when others of similar backgrounds see that they see sport as a safe place for them to be and the sport grows

Prime example is Bachar Houli. By your suggestion he should have simply been quiet about his faith and played sport and not bothered us about it. Instead he was proud of who he was spoke up, became a leader and we have his institute and surely a shit tonne more supporters from his faith that we wouldn’t have had without him

I totally understand and respect your POV. I"ll try another way, is the balance on messaging and off field programs and other inclusive messaging about right to you, too much or we could do more? And the other frustration some of us have is Richmond, put the ****ing hand away. The supporters aren't an ATM. There's a thought out there we are just more of a marketing strategy now than a supporter base.

I am sure bachar houli types would love some more rainbow flags , rainbow sash and the like at games , feels very inviting

Love the idea of extending the ground so its same size as the G. That’s got to be the most important part of this whole redevelopment.
Match simulation to suit our home ground, that’ll produce results where it really counts.
The current ground is same dimensions as Marvel ... hasn't helped us get a win there ... it is all hyperbole and a giant waste of money ... redesign the project to fit the funds available
Why does the argument always retreat to inflexible binary positions?!
No you are right ... the correct answer is non-binary

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back