Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Has your opinion of Jack Ginnivan changed over the past 2 years?

• Yes

Votes: 65 30.7%
  • No

Votes: 147 69.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for a mea culpa BigFooty.

Has your opinion on the young man changed?

I know I have done a full 180 on him, and absolutely love what he brings to the league.

We don’t see a lot of contrition nowadays, so pray tell me, how do you feel about the king of the Gen Zs?
There is nothing different except the colour of his stripes. So if you hated him before and love him now, that says more about your feelings on Collingwood and Hawthorn.

Always liked Jack. Even when he was at the Pies. Wanted the Hawks to draft him.

He's a really nice guy off the field. Showman on the field. I don't think he's all that bothered.

AFL community bemoans the death of personality in footy and at the same decries when any player shows an inkling of it.

Jack is good for footy.

Also big LOL at the media frenzy Jack caused going to the pub for a parma and pot. Nowhere near the amount of coverage compared to Stengle who had a bit too much fun at Sleepy Hollow with a wholesome hospital stay.

He’s a good character and brings a lot of energy. I can’t help but think his ‘arc’ is not yet complete though - nothing about him says reformed.

He's a really nice guy off the field. Showman on the field. I don't think he's all that bothered.

AFL community bemoans the death of personality in footy and at the same decries when any player shows an inkling of it.

Jack is good for footy.

Also big LOL at the media frenzy Jack caused going to the pub for a parma and pot. Nowhere near the amount of coverage compared to Stengle who had a bit too much fun at Sleepy Hollow with a wholesome hospital stay.
Similar to Papley.

I love that he’s a little campaigner, and Jack is now our little campaigner, and I can totally get behind it.

Similar to Papley.

I love that he’s a little campaigner, and Jack is now our little campaigner, and I can totally get behind it.

Papley. Ballantyne. Milne.

Guys you love to hate.

I'm a sucker for a heel. Give me the Sheik over Hogan any day.

I always enjoyed how he carried on and got under people's skin (sans the ducking), even if he was a Pie, so that hasn't changed. My estimation of him as a player has gone up a bit, seems to be thriving more at Hokland.

There is nothing different except the colour of his stripes. So if you hated him before and love him now, that says more about your feelings on Collingwood and Hawthorn.

Started to change for me tbh when he was booed at that Swans game. Was too far. That and the media going after him.

but yeah, him playing for Collingwood probably added to it, if I’m doing a full Mea culpa.

Papley. Ballantyne. Milne.

Guys you love to hate.

I'm a sucker for a heel. Give me the Sheik over Hogan any day.
I'm in a minority but I generally like watching those small, nuggety, slightly floggish players. We need characters and passion in our game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack is good for footy.

Sam in his press conference just sighed and said, at a guess, there was probably about a dozen hawks who went out for a feed with friends or family on Thursday evening.

Absolute nothing story for the ages. But Ginni doesn't seem to mind and it absorbs pressure off his team mates so whatever. Let em have their clicks

Time for a mea culpa BigFooty.

Has your opinion on the young man changed?

I know I have done a full 180 on him, and absolutely love what he brings to the league.

We don’t see a lot of contrition nowadays, so pray tell me, how do you feel about the king of the Gen Zs?
Has he gotten rid of the ducking and playing for free kick high tackles?

Because that’s where the opinion in Jack Ginnivan comes from, not the celebrations.

Has he gotten rid of the ducking and playing for free kick high tackles?

Because that’s where the opinion in Jack Ginnivan comes from, not the celebrations.

It's definitely not as prevalent year 1.

Jack's started to realise he's clever enough to run around most defenders rather than run into them.

When he does get tackled he does still exaggerate but he's not actively looking for the contact anymore.

I feel like Gen Z are unfairly vilified and Ginnivan definitely is not a representation of them as a group.

I think Gen Z as a whole are better people than any generation beforehand, more open minded, more tolerant. Of course this is just generatising a whole group but that has been my general experience around Gen Z.

They are the most progressive. But also, every single generation is more progressive than the one before.

But they are a lot like vegans. No-one gives a shit about what they do, but they have to share their opinions on everything.

I dislike watching players that consistently play for frees and are also antagonists and that includes players on my own team.

I think it irks people a lot more these days because these types of players know that there will be no physical repercussions. The worst thing that can happen to them is Brayden Maynard will put on a scary face and push them.

They are the most progressive. But also, every single generation is more progressive than the one before.

But they are a lot like vegans. No-one gives a shit about what they do, but they have to share their opinions on everything.
That's because parents gave them the platform to do it and tell them they're amazing. Older people complain about young people but they created them.

I feel like Gen Z are unfairly vilified and Ginnivan definitely is not a representation of them as a group.

I think Gen Z as a whole are better people than any generation beforehand, more open minded, more tolerant. Of course this is just generatising a whole group but that has been my general experience around Gen Z.
Better than any previous generation?
I did laugh actually

I always enjoyed how he carried on and got under people's skin (sans the ducking), even if he was a Pie, so that hasn't changed. My estimation of him as a player has gone up a bit, seems to be thriving more at Hokland.
Gotta admit I was in the camp that maybe he isn’t that much without the ducking. I was wrong - he can definitely play. Completely different role at the Hawks and he is thriving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Back