Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Has your opinion of Jack Ginnivan changed over the past 2 years?

• Yes

Votes: 65 30.7%
  • No

Votes: 147 69.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

His explanation about going to the pub should be heed by everyone. "im 21 years old, just a young kid".

But brad johnson i think it was today said "he's an adult (and should be treated as such i.e. make his own decisions).

No wonder why the AFL universe is confused. Jack says he's a kid, the media say he's a young man/adult
I think it's more of an indictment of the AFL community that Ginnivan thinks being 21 makes him a kid.

That's a legit grown man. A fully fledged adult.

These guys live in a fantasy world.

I think it's more of an indictment of the AFL community that Ginnivan thinks being 21 makes him a kid.

That's a legit grown man. A fully fledged adult.

These guys live in a fantasy world.

You know he's a kid because footy boomers are desperate to make and read negativity about him, no 21 year old calling himself a kid has ever been a red flag, chill.

I feel like Gen Z are unfairly vilified and Ginnivan definitely is not a representation of them as a group.

I think Gen Z as a whole are better people than any generation beforehand, more open minded, more tolerant. Of course this is just generatising a whole group but that has been my general experience around Gen Z.
Meh

Each generation is a product of the circumstances that came beforehand. For example economic prosperity and left wing ideology gradually gaining more ground among parents (not all parents obviously, you could say the majority were still conservative and religious at that time) in Western countries that raised children in the 1950s that eventually led to the free love movement, hippies, atheism, illicit drug use, etc.... become embraced by a large cohort of teens and young adults in their 20s in the 1960s.

As well as the environment for example technology such as the pill that led to women becoming more sexually liberated/promiscuous in the 60s onwards.

I used the 1960s as an example as this is a generation (boomers) that tends to think very highly of themselves. They believe that they were some special and unique trail blazing social and culturally pioneering generation.

When in reality like I mentioned previously the change in social mores in that period were definitely first introduced by the influence of more 'liberal' (in the sense that yanks used it) parents that were around in the 1950s and the circumstances/environment/influences swirling around in the decade after.

In the same vein Gen Z are nothing special as well; they are highly influenced and the product of even more liberal/leftwing Gen X/pioneering Gen Y parents in Western countries; nothing more nothing less.

Gen Z are not inherently/innately more 'tolerant', that's just nonsense. No, they have simply been indoctrinated/brainwashed that way by leftwing/liberal parents and governments/institutions that have taught them what is now acceptable.

Otherwise you would observe the same change in mindset among Gen Zs from Middle Eastern/Muslim/African/Asian countries and clearly that is not the case. It is specifically a Western/European phenomenon for the reasons I outlined above.

That is why you'll never hear me criticize 'youngins' as their attitude/character/mindset/etc.. (or lack thereof) is the result of how their previous generation raised them. And to criticize them is to actually criticize the quality of parenting that they were given.

Last edited:
You know he's a kid because footy boomers are desperate to make and read negativity about him, no 21 year old calling himself a kid has ever been a red flag, chill.
I've never in my life heard a 21 year old grown man refer to himself as a kid.

If a grown adult male thinks of himself as a child when he's 21 years old, it's a genuine concern.

There’s really nothing better than having a talented small to medium goal kicking gun who’s a born smartarse with a cheeky grin and delivers when it matters.

Think Stevie J, Darren Bewick and the great Allan Jackovich.

It’s what footy is all about.

I don't wanna hear Hawk fans ever accuse Selwood of ducking after recruiting a player that clearly does it on purpose. Selwood actually tried to break tackles, he wasn't fishing for frees as he kept going regardless of whether he got the ump's whistle or not.

Whereas other players immediately and shamelessly look to the umps with an expression of anguish to bail them out every time an opponent is so much as within a metre of them.

I don't wanna hear Hawk fans ever accuse Selwood of ducking after recruiting a player that clearly does it on purpose. Selwood actually tried to break tackles, he wasn't fishing for frees as he kept going regardless of whether he got the ump's whistle or not.

Whereas other players immediately and shamelessly look to the umps with an expression of anguish to bail them out every time an opponent is so much as within a metre of them.
“Selwood actually tried to break tackles”

Lol..Turn it up

Just accept he was a master of milking the free. All credit to him. Because he backed up the ducking with elite work rate and endless extraction of the ball to benefit his team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what all the fuss is about with this guy.

Good ordinary player - kicked a goal from 10 metres out when the ball literally fell into his arms (even surprised him) and then carried on like Lionel Messi.

Performing a squat is the most efficient way to break tackles.

I've heard it all.

Performing a squat is the most efficient way to break tackles.

I've heard it all.
Is there anything in the rule book that says slipping out of a tackle is not allowed? In any case Selwood just kept on going regardless. I rarely noticed him stopping and looking around for the ump with a pleading look to bail him out with a free kick unless it was an obvious high hit/tackle from the very beginning.

When he initiated the high contact he soldiered on from what I observed.

“Selwood actually tried to break tackles”

Lol..Turn it up

Just accept he was a master of milking the free. All credit to him. Because he backed up the ducking with elite work rate and endless extraction of the ball to benefit his team.
You're entitled to your opinion but I never got the feeling that Selwood played for free kicks. He always seemed content in just breaking/slipping a tackle to get a disposal off rather than waiting and looking for the ump to blow his whistle.

There’s really nothing better than having a talented small to medium goal kicking gun who’s a born smartarse with a cheeky grin and delivers when it matters.

Think Stevie J, Darren Bewick and the great Allan Jackovich.

It’s what footy is all about.
Alan Jakovich???

Dude was 187cms (Dunstall was 188 and Lockett was only 191). Beast of a man.

He's not in the bracket you described.

You're entitled to your opinion but I never got the feeling that Selwood played for free kicks. He always seemed content in just breaking/slipping a tackle to get a disposal off rather than waiting and looking for the ump to blow his whistle.
OFC you didn't, you're biased. Played up every little bit of contact.

I'm not a fan of his diving and if the rumours from his time at Collingwood are true then he's a pretty shit bloke.

But the story about him having dinner at a pub is one of the most ridiculous beat ups I've ever seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Back