Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Has your opinion of Jack Ginnivan changed over the past 2 years?

• Yes

Votes: 65 30.4%
  • No

Votes: 149 69.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ginnivan is a quality footballer and he’s 24 is certainly better than his 23 but his decision making is questionable
  • getting caught in toilets doing drugs when your employer in the off season has traded in Bobby Hill.
  • the tik Tok issue with Q
  • Moonee Valley races night before GF
  • wearing Jockey silks to mad Monday
  • accepting Cox Plate Eve ambassador role
  • possibly there’s others unknown.

The fact Collingwood was happy to move him on raises the question. Why?

Bit like Tom Papley changing out publicly with the Wolfden Crew.

Sometimes the life of AFL comes with sacrifices the ordinary Joe doesn’t need to contemplate

His decision making is questionable⁉️

He chose Hawthorn over Collingwood. Thanks for Jack.

Last edited:

Ginnivan is a quality footballer and he’s 24 is certainly better than his 23 but his decision making is questionable
  • getting caught in toilets doing drugs when your employer in the off season has traded in Bobby Hill.
  • the tik Tok issue with Q
  • Moonee Valley races night before GF
  • wearing Jockey silks to mad Monday
  • accepting Cox Plate Eve ambassador role
  • possibly there’s others unknown.

The fact Collingwood was happy to move him on raises the question. Why?

Bit like Tom Papley changing out publicly with the Wolfden Crew.

Sometimes the life of AFL comes with sacrifices the ordinary Joe doesn’t need to contemplate
Left out the worst offence. His mysterious omission on Kings Birthday with "illness", followed by a very long stint in the VFL

He is entertaining but I would pissed off if he played for my club & made those comments, gives opposition fuel...

I remember Hartlett saying "I think there'd be plenty of people out there who would like to see his season come to an end. I'll leave it at that.

These things tend to backfire.

The only people who benefit from comments such as that made by ginn are media.

I seriously doubt opposition feel oh look he said this and that we have to win let’s get him !!!!

Kane corn is lapping it up notably of course given he’s playing port this week. If port win he will attribute the hawk loss to the comments.

He is entertaining but I would pissed off if he played for my club & made those comments, gives opposition fuel...

I remember Hartlett saying "I think there'd be plenty of people out there who would like to see his season come to an end. I'll leave it at that.

These things tend to backfire.

If Port need this as fuel then surely they have already lost.

Losing a Final by 15 goals to Geelong who have previously beaten them by 20 goals should be the fuel.

If Port need this as fuel then surely they have already lost.

Losing a Final by 15 goals to Geelong who have previously beaten them by 20 goals should be the fuel.
It's not true this game is played above the shoulders more than people think.
Port didn't show up at all last week mentally & physically but this will fuel them even more after poor performance.

The only people who benefit from comments such as that made by ginn are media.

I seriously doubt opposition feel oh look he said this and that we have to win let’s get him !!!!

Kane corn is lapping it up notably of course given he’s playing port this week. If port win he will attribute the hawk loss to the comments.
This is true but it kind of shows how dumb it is to do it.

The downside is the media blowing it up and distracting his teammates and coach, and then blowing it up into an even bigger thing should they lose. My question is... What's the upside of doing it?

I realise he's not a member of Mensa but surely even Travis Cloke could have worked out the lopsided risk vs reward in that situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ginnivan gives all the nuffies and trolls something to talk about.

The same fools who pencilled Hawthorn in for 17th or 18th place in their 2024 season predictions.

They can't compute. It blows their minds to see the upstart Hawks beating everyone and making their finals charge. Led by the likes of hard-working, team-oriented Jackie Ginnivan, who has proved this season that he is no head-ducking, one-trick showpony goalsneak. He has fitted in well across half forward and blended nicely with the other forwards. Good player.

Nah, let's ignore that... We were all wrong about him... But we'll skip over that... Let's focus on his tweets, FFS 🤪

I've been laughing my arse off at all the hate-mongering narratives from various supporter groups. You know your club is flying when the opposition fans resume hating; calling us "smug & arrogant"; and they're no longer cheering patronisingly for us as the likeable underdogs.
  • Bombers fans can't stand Hawthorn. Their current angst mainly centres around Massimo D'Ambrosio killing it every weekend. Fair enough. I would be filthy too if the idiots running my struggling club didn't keep quality players like Massimo.
  • Fremantle and Melbourne fans seem to be absurdly triggered by the media's labelling of Nick Watson as "The Wizard". Apparently Jeff Farmer copyrighted this nickname. Never mind all the past European soccer players, US baseball players and basketballers who were also nicknamed 'The Wizard'. It's a pretty generic nickname, tbh... No need for anyone to get thy panties in a bunch. Hawks fans apparently aren't even allowed to have fun and celebrate their 1st year teenage sensation without sneering & cringing from the online killjoys.
  • A number Pies fans - not all, but sizeable portion of them - seem to be having trouble moving on from the Ginnivan trade. It's perfectly fine for Collingwood to poach half their premiership team from other clubs: Bobby Hill, Howe, T.Mitchell, Crisp, Lipinski, Adams, Hoskin-Elliott, McStay, Markov and Frampton... Oh, we LOVE you, Bobby!!! But we can't stand seeing ex-Pies do well elsewhere... (Get over it, ya hypocrites...) :rolleyesv1:

Anyway... As you were... Stay focused on the irrelevant petty off-field crap that occurs outside of match days.

It's definitely not the media using anything they can as content for their clickbait.

It's vital that we discuss the GINNIVAN DISTRACTIONS. 🤣

Last edited:
Ginnivan gives all the nuffies and trolls something to talk about.

The same fools who pencilled Hawthorn in for 17th or 18th place in their 2024 season predictions.

They can't compute. It blows their minds to see the upstart Hawks beating everyone and making their finals charge. Led by the likes of hard-working, team-oriented Jackie Ginnivan, who has proved this season that he is no head-ducking, one-trick showpony goalsneak. He has fitted in well across half forward and blended nicely with the other forwards. Good player.

Nah, let's ignore that... We were all wrong about him... But we'll skip over that... Let's focus on his tweets, FFS 🤪

I've been laughing my arse at all the hate-mongering narratives from various supporter groups. You know your club is flying when the opposition fans resume hating; calling us "smug & arrogant"; and they're no longer cheering patronisingly for us as the likeable underdogs.
  • Bombers fans can't stand Hawthorn. Their current angst mainly centres around Massimo D'Ambrosio killing it every weekend. Fair enough. I would be filthy too if the idiots running my struggling club didn't keep quality players like Massimo.
  • Fremantle and Melbourne fans seem to be absurdly triggered by the media's labelling of Nick Watson as "The Wizard". Apparently Jeff Farmer copyrighted this nickname. Never mind all the past European soccer players, US baseball players and basketballers who were also nicknamed 'The Wizard'... it's a pretty generic nickname, tbh... No need for anyone to get thy panties in a bunch. Hawks fans apparently aren't even allowed to have fun and celebrate their 1st year teenage sensation without sneering & cringing from the online killjoys.
  • A number Pies fans - not all, but sizeable portion of them - seem to be having trouble moving on from the Ginnivan trade. But it's okay for Collingwood to poach half their premiership team from other clubs: Bobby Hill, Howe, T.Mitchell, Crisp, Lipinski, Adams, Hoskin-Elliott, McStay, Markov and Frampton... Oh, how we LOVE Bobby!!! But we can't stand seeing ex-Pies do well elsewhere... (Get over it, ya hypocrites... :rolleyesv1:)
This is the shit we were saying for 2 years and getting laughed at

Latest blow up over the Instagram comment is silly too. So you’re allowed to say “I’m confident we’ll get the job done this weekend” but not imply that you will win?

Weird arcane etiquette and obscure lore

Hawthorn and especially Sam Mitchell will grow tired of it pretty quickly.

The downside is the media blowing it up and distracting his teammates and coach, and then blowing it up into an even bigger thing should they lose. My question is... What's the upside of doing it?

Akermanis all over again, It's all fine when you are winning but once you stop people will want you out the first chance they get.

Out of interest where did you have your mob finishing?
Probably 15th or 16th... 🤣:thumbsu:

But I knew we would be much better this year than last... just not necessarily reflected in the wins and losses column.

The ladder positions are as much about all the other teams as your own team. It was difficult to know which teams would slide from 2023.

For me, the biggest surprise this season was how so many finals contenders crashed and burned.
It enabled the Hawks (and Lions, Dogs, Port) to leapfrog them on the ladder.

Collingwood.. =2nd (Rd 15).................... finished 9th
Melbourne.... =1st (Rd 5)... 4th (Rd 10)... finished 14th
Fremantle.... 3rd (Rd 21)........................ finished 10th
Carlton........ 2nd (Rd 20).... 9th (Rd 23).. fell back in to 8th place
Essendon..... 2nd (Rd 13).... 4th (Rd 18).. finished 11th

In past seasons, you might see one or two teams shit the bed over the final months when the injury toll starts to impact.
I just can't remember ever seeing 5 legit finals teams fall away like we saw this year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Back