Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Has your opinion of Jack Ginnivan changed over the past 2 years?

• Yes

Votes: 66 30.1%
  • No

Votes: 153 69.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lewis, Hodge and now Brereton going on and on about this while their co-hosts all clearly think they've lost their minds is very funny.
Yep, absolute thugs and flogs back in the day. Shoes on the other foot and they're exposed as the sooks that they are. Loving every minute of it.

The weird part is Ginnivan’s actual output versus his cockiness.

You’d think he was Akermanis based on his trash talk but he averaged just over a goal a game this year and never kicked more than two. He’s just an ok forward.

You weren't at the G last week? Shame

He took the spray from Hinkley with a smile. It was over at that point until Sicily decided to carry on like a pork chop instead of carrying Breust.
It's what Ginni hasn't quite learnt yet. While he maybe able to walk away and cop his medicine. He's Coach and Captain clearly couldn't. And that is the consequence you have to take into account when you play a team sport. Your actions just don't effect yourself.

Yeah i get that-youre a good person with a lot of things.
Look i get that ken was heat of the moment and he probably didnt think but hes very very lucky it didnt escalate further.
I was at a junior footy game a few years ago (lucky the kids were home with my mum) where a coach did almost exactly what ken did (virtual copy) and one of the players on the other team reacted like sicily. Then one of the coaches players reacted and punched someone and it ended up in an all in brawl where parents were running crying kids to their cars to keep them safe and people were getting hit while waiting for the police to get there. So i know exactly how it can go.
I talk to a lot of parents where i live who love footy themselves but wont let their kids go to country games and this is the exact reason why.
And its a much bigger problem for the league than it realises (the affect on junior participation and promoting the game etc). And the league should be coming down on it way harder than it does.

Weve got people getting 2 week suspensions for accidental head contact but we dont have the stomach to give 20 week suspensions for actions that we dont want to see repeated in juniors and might start a riot.
The afl has its priorities all wrong.
Yep- ok- fair enough- I can see that there are problems and that it can get out of hand - I don’t really see those junior comps anymore so you understand that issue more than me perhaps. So it’s a perspective worth hearing even if we don’t see eye to eye on this.

Last edited:
When is the last time a coach gave an opposition player a spray post game?

I can remember John Worsfold as a player giving it to Mick McGuane in the 90s for dropping a chest mark that might have won the game. Wasn't a coach then though. Clarkson had to be held back from taking on Matty Lloyd after he KO'd Brad Sewell on field.

Maybe Sheedy too, but that was during the game. Those are the only time I can recall seeing anything of note.

Even the most unsociable Hawks let the game be over after the siren. They let the footy do their talking. If you don't, how are you any different to the bloke you're going after for making the comments?

Coaches are supposed to be a level above this stuff. What next, Hinkley takes to the gram to get in his Ginnivan's face?

The guy is probably not going to have a job before his plane lands next weekend. Not exactly a legacy he'd want to be leaving I would have thought.

All the plonkers who haven't noticed the game is over when it's over in professional sport are kind of outing themselves here.
Clarkson gave the saint boys a bake this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, absolute thugs and flogs back in the day. Shoes on the other foot and they're exposed as the sooks that they are. Loving every minute of it.
Too many Hawthorn flogs in the media.

They cover and barrack for them excpet for the Chief. Hodge and Lewis should be sent to the tip (Dingley) and never return.,

Out of interest, did you, and other Hawk fans, think he was great for the game in 2022 and 2023?

The answer is probably
Cbs No GIF by HULU

Yeah i get that-youre a good person with a lot of things.
Look i get that ken was heat of the moment and he probably didnt think but hes very very lucky it didnt escalate further.
I was at a junior footy game a few years ago (lucky the kids were home with my mum) where a coach did almost exactly what ken did (virtual copy) and one of the players on the other team reacted like sicily. Then one of the coaches players reacted and punched someone and it ended up in an all in brawl where parents were running crying kids to their cars to keep them safe and people were getting hit while waiting for the police to get there. So i know exactly how it can go.
I talk to a lot of parents where i live who love footy themselves but wont let their kids go to country games and this is the exact reason why.
And its a much bigger problem for the league than it realises (the affect on junior participation and promoting the game etc). And the league should be coming down on it way harder than it does.

Weve got people getting 2 week suspensions for accidental head contact but we dont have the stomach to give 20 week suspensions for actions that we dont want to see repeated in juniors and might start a riot.
The afl has its priorities all wrong.
I'm a father that has had kids play junior footy and I've also coached junior footy. If you have kids at junior football throwing punches because of at comments I'm sorry but the afl and their sanctions are not to blame. It's the adults that are in these kids lives weather that is parents or coaches or whoever. I'm sick of death about hearing kids get all their actions from what they see on TV. Maybe, just maybe if these kids that are throwing punches were taught a better way of dealing with things as they grow up we wouldn't have the issues in Society we do. Maybe the adults should take some responsibility for their kids throwing punches because of a comment.

Thats not the point. Hinkley is supposed to be a role model who should know better. Frankly he should get a 12 week ban and if he ever does anything again a lifetime ban from the sport. But the afl is pissweak so it wont happen. When you see regular parent and crowd violence at local games you cant and shouldnt condone this crap. The last thing you want is our game ending up with the reputation for violence incitement that soccer does.
I'm sorry but why is the afl to blame for crowd violence at local footy? May the adults in these people's lives as they grow up should be accountable for not teaching these people not to be clowns

I'm a bit split on the Palpatine vs. Ginnivan run in.

On one hand, Ginni 100% deserves the serve. Acts like a flog too often and loves to be a smart ass. In such a close game you can easily make the argument giving the oppo motivation (even 0.1%) is dumb.

On the other hand, Hinkley is a bit of a coward for waiting till after the game to run his mouth. It's easy to be a big man when the result is decided, would have been better if he talked smack during the week, then I would have no issue with how he acted post-game.

I guess both can be true.

What’s stranger than Ken getting so worked up over a harmless instagram comment between friends is the general consensus of neutral fans supporting Kens embarrassing and tasteless behaviour last night.
I think the consensus swung in Kens favour when Mitchell and co had a huge sook afterwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Back