Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Has your opinion of Jack Ginnivan changed over the past 2 years?

• Yes

Votes: 66 30.1%
  • No

Votes: 153 69.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We all agree that you think this.

It doesn't change the facts of what happened though.
Funny how 99% of non-Hawks supporters seem to view the 'facts of what happened' differently to your mob of whiney bitches. I'm not sure I've ever seen public opinion so united on this forum.

Funny how 99% of non-Hawks supporters seem to view the 'facts of what happened' differently to your mob of whiney bitches. I'm not sure I've ever seen public opinion so united on this forum.
Crazy what confirmation bias does to people- especially when you're searching for an antagonistic way to respond to a situation.
Footy world agrees that Ginni shouldn't have posted that- literally everyone shares this opinion.
When it comes to Ken's response, it is almost uniformly agreed that it was inappropriate, though "justifiable" because Ken can't keep his emotions in check.

Probably wouldn't want to call other clubs full of Whiney bitches when your mob has campaigned all year to remove the coach that has "kept" you in contention for so long.
Looking forward to years of mediocrity from you and Ken to come :)

Crazy what confirmation bias does to people- especially when you're searching for an antagonistic way to respond to a situation.
Footy world agrees that Ginni shouldn't have posted that- literally everyone shares this opinion.
When it comes to Ken's response, it is almost uniformly agreed that it was inappropriate, though "justifiable" because Ken can't keep his emotions in check.

Probably wouldn't want to call other clubs full of Whiney bitches when your mob has campaigned all year to remove the coach that has "kept" you in contention for so long.
'Uniformly' by who? Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis and Brereton? Everybody who doesn't support Hawthorn has been laughing their heads off at your club's reaction.

The one who 'couldn't keep his emotions in check' was Sicily. Imagine mouthing off at the oppo coach when you're supposed to be chairing a club legend off. What a sook. Breust should be pissed off with him.

'Uniformly' by who? Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis and Brereton? Everybody who doesn't support Hawthorn has been laughing their heads off at your club's reaction.

The one who 'couldn't keep his emotions in check' was Sicily. Imagine mouthing off at the oppo coach when you're supposed to be chairing a club legend off. What a sook. Breust has every right to be pissed off with him.
Uniformly by people who have half an ounce of emotional understanding and an understanding of power dynamics.

I doubt anyone is laughing at the clubs reaction- though I can see neutrals laughing at Sicily giving Kenny an earful as it is objectively funny. Our clubs reaction would boil down to Sic defending his player and Mitchel shutting down any commentary about it after the game?

It's funny how you've got this double standard where the player is expected to act more professionally than the coach. Maybe when your club brings your cry-baby coach to tears again on national TV we can all pile in on him, too!

I'm sure Breust is disappointed and has every right to be. But that disappointment would stem from a 60 year old, media trained, highly paid individual having a crack at a 21 year old smartass for a comment on his friends Instagram.

Why do you keep lying on this forum?

You've been here for years and still come to with crap like this.

Nobody has never been united against Hawthorn on this forum? You're joking right?

During the dynasty everyone HATED Hawthorn. You Port guys complained incessantly saying you were the better team.

#freekickhawthorn was a thing despite Hawthorn having the worst freekick differential in history.

I'm not sure if you think IT ACTUALLY affects the club what you say. Maybe you need to protest with some new rule changes again to counter Hawthorn, it's usually what happens.

Ginni can handle the words. Missily was the one that over reacted

Virtue signalling. Winners can't brag about their exploits because it's inconsiderate ......but then losers need to accept their fate serenely else it's immature/ unsportsmanlike like. The way I see it both are preferred. It's how we as people elevate ourselves.......or not.

It's fascinating that there are so many in teams, support staff, coaching and media including AFL it seems and on footy threads as fans that are so damn immature as to be unable to elevate themselves.

There is a psychological defence mechanism called splitting otherwise called black and white thinking. Something becomes inherently evil even though on face value it's not and is rather inconsequential in fact. Like turning yourself in knots about a sports outcome because you can't handle the emotions that emanates from obsessive need to win rather than lose.

SUCK it up PRINCESSES!!!

I reckon the media would have gunned Sic if he didn't stand up for his player there.
Ginni can take it for sure, but that doesn't mean those around him should let him

Of course they would have. Anything Sicily does it doesn't do, gets hated by the opposition.

Footy is an emotional game.

Kenny had had a tough week after a poor performance last week and a tough year from people wanting him sacked. He's an emotional guy. We have seen it a few times.

Sicily hit the post from a kick that would have put his team through. He would have been riding a wave of emotions at that moment so cut him some slack.

Ginivan has been on a high for months with the way he and his team have been going and in his brashness did a silly tweet. He's young and he'll learn from it.

I don't get what the big deal is. We are all human.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kenny had had a tough week after a poor performance last week and a tough year from people wanting him sacked. He's an emotional guy. We have seen it a few times.

Sicily hit the post from a kick that would have put his team through. He would have been riding a wave of emotions at that moment so cut him some slack.

Ginivan has been on a high for months with the way he and his team have been going and in his brashness did a silly tweet. He's young and he'll learn from it.

This is a pretty good take, but it appears on the socials that any excuse to paint Hawthorn as the villain is an opportunity worth taking. Kenny is another figure that seems to draw the villain tag, so we have villains on both sides lol.

It's an interesting situation with neutral-ish parties cracking the whip on what seems like another non issue.

Good on you for seeing the big picture.

I reckon the media would have gunned Sic if he didn't stand up for his player there.
Ginni can take it for sure, but that doesn't mean those around him should let him

“Won’t be flying to Sydney, Jack” whilst mimicking an aeroplane!!!!!

FFS, if the Vic media would be gunning for Sicily as Captain if he didn’t intervene over that then says more about you lot than Kenny.

Snowflakes of the highest order…… but probably not surprisingly coming out the leftie, snowflake capital of OZ.

Jacinta Allan anyone?

But in the real world, there are plenty of Vic media personalities telling it as it is, unnecessary by Kenny, but nothing to fly a kite over (especially not to Sydney).

I can see neutrals laughing at Sicily giving Kenny an earful as it is objectively funny.

Such hypocrisy from one asserting bias in others.

Sicily still mouthing off with Breust on his shoulder was far from "objectively funny".

Objectively, it was childish, and/or pathetic, and/or sad, but most of all, it was disgracefully disrespectful of Breust.

media needs a pantomime villain and todays is the Ginni v Ken opera

Perhaps group think and being triggered by the Hawks and da socials has bent people's brains a little.

it's bent yours into making sweeping, fact free, whiny bitch statements that include non-existent statistics.

Name any other instances where victorious coaches goad sides who've lost finals, on the field.

Or maybe it doesn't happen, unless you're Hinkley?

Such hypocrisy from one asserting bias in others.

Sicily still mouthing off with Breust on his shoulder was far from "objectively funny".

Objectively, it was childish, and/or pathetic, and/or sad, but most of all, it was disgracefully disrespectful of Breust.

Don't fall of that high horse, twisting yourself into knots to avoid pointing the blame at anyone other than Ken.

It's a fair way to the ground.

But that disappointment would stem from a 60 year old, media trained, highly paid individual having a crack at a 21 year old smartass for a comment on his friends Instagram.

Tough way to find out that 17 other clubs don’t get give a shit about Hokball. It’s all well and good to be Gen Z yapaholics when you’re winning, but this is a grown man’s league and it’s going to come back with interest every time.

This is a pretty good take, but it appears on the socials that any excuse to paint Hawthorn as the villain is an opportunity worth taking. Kenny is another figure that seems to draw the villain tag, so we have villains on both sides lol.

It's an interesting situation with neutral-ish parties cracking the whip on what seems like another non issue.

Good on you for seeing the big picture.
I think the only thing that made it an issue is the Sicily reaction and potential to spark a melee. The AFL will blame Ken for that and condemn it, but up until that point it was all good theatre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Back