Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Has your opinion of Jack Ginnivan changed over the past 2 years?

• Yes

Votes: 66 29.9%
  • No

Votes: 155 70.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway. Storm in a teacup, but Kenny did a half hearted apology and will pay his fine. Sic is proud. If you think he should be proud, that's great and pretty amusing ...
True, despite several prominent Hawks sobbing at the end of the day a bit of an expensive nothingburger, and everyone played true to type.

Sicily is still a weak link in the Hawks chain for his temper, but as I and others have mentioned he's improving.

Sicily is still a weak link in the Hawks chain for his temper, but as I and others have mentioned he's improving.
His temper would probably improve quicker if it wasn't a source of pride for him and the club.

He isn't a weak link though - absolute star. A berserker is fine - don't know why you'd make him the captain though.

Last edited:

First we had the Kennett curse.

Now we will have the Kenneth curse.

Cast your spell Wiz.

Predict Crystal Ball GIF by Rocket Panda Games

I'm a bit confused, is Kenny the Wiz or is Wiz the Wiz?

The Wiz is channeling his curse as we speak.

Port will not beat Hawthorn for the next 5 years.

Revenge Plotting GIF by Big Brother Canada

The Wiz is channeling his curse as we speak.

Port will not beat Hawthorn for the next 5 years.

Revenge Plotting GIF by Big Brother Canada
Wiz looks better not in brown and yellow but his voodoo doll making skills are pretty half arsed. Looks to be cursing Matt Owies instead of Hinkley.

Last edited:
Here is a video of a school girl being bullied:

Watch the video. The girl is sitting down whilst the bully girl stands over her yelling at her. What happens next is one of the most satisfying things you will see on social media. The girl beats the shit out of the bully, WWE smackdown style. Probably only the bully herself would not have got have got that satisfying feeling you get when you see payback do its thing.

So what's my point in all this? There is not a footy fan alive who doesn't barrack for Hawthorn who didn't get a satisfying feeling from watching Ken stick it to Ginni? Should Hinkley as an AFL coach be above that? Yes. But was it satisfying AF to see him taunt the little twat? Absolutely. Just like the bully, only the Hawthorn fans aren't feeling the karma love. But who cares about them, the fans of the other 17 clubs are.

I can't explain this any better than I have. Sometimes you just gotta say **** it and think that the second wrong does make a right.

You Hawks will have him stabbing Ginnivan soon with a George Cross to Sicily for his heroic rescue.

AFL need to stop just responding to the media with their policy of negative story equals fine, particularly when the media is some ex-players of a club joining in a massive hissy fit of sore losing by that club.

I couldn't agree more with this:

Maybe your didn't read my reply, and are just "annoyed" that Hawks posters like me are posting online.

So, I'll just repeat it again as you didn't address it whatsoever.

Can you show me another instance of an AFL coach taunting opposition players or coach on the ground after a game?

Last edited:

Watch the video. The girl is sitting down whilst the bully girl stands over her yelling at her. What happens next is one of the most satisfying things you will see on social media. The girl beats the shit out of the bully, WWE smackdown style. Probably only the bully herself would not have got have got that satisfying feeling you get when you see payback do its thing.

So what's my point in all this? There is not a footy fan alive who doesn't barrack for Hawthorn who didn't get a satisfying feeling from watching Ken stick it to Ginni? Should Hinkley as an AFL coach be above that? Yes. But was it satisfying AF to see him taunt the little twat? Absolutely. Just like the bully, only the Hawthorn fans aren't feeling the karma love. But who cares about them, the fans of the other 17 clubs are.

I can't explain this any better than I have. Sometimes you just gotta say **** it and think that the second wrong does make a right.

It's probably also why the Hawks are proud of Sicily, as they're casting that video differently differently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe your didn't read my reply, and are just "annoyed" that Hawks posters like me are posting online.

No I can't think another instance of an AFL coach taunting a player after the game. Can you show me another instance of an AFL captain reacting towards an AFL coach after the game the way Sicily did?

I don't care at all what Kenny did. I think it was funny entertainment - but I'm not defending him either. I'm not saying he did the right thing to do. It's only Hawk fans looking to absolve blame for their boy's tantrum.

No I can't think another instance of an AFL coach taunting a player after the game. Can you show me another instance of an AFL captain reacting towards an AFL coach after the game the way Sicily did?

Omg. I mean, really?

You've just admitted that you've never seen it done and your quick MO was to have a go at Sicily again?

Do you even realise how you're coming across right now?

Are you really likening Ginni's "see you in 14 days" comment to that of a school yard bully?! That is seriously the dumbest shit I've read on this forum.

Special poster who speak for ‘everyone else’
What about respect for Luke Bruest? Don’t line up if you aren’t really honouring him, thinking about your petty vendettas instead

If you want some poetic footage, Ken is Danny, Sicily is rizzo

21 is not a kid.

You're a fully fledged adult at 21.
Ginni is certainly a kid at 21 compared to say a Sidearse at 21 or even a Bobby Hill at 21.

So maybe mentally a kid.
Point is he is immature.

Swans kick an 80m goal ? Huge roar

Heeney outdoes last week’s mark ? Enormous roar.

Papley scores from the boundary ? Eruption

But the biggest SCG cheer by far for the night is when the camera pans to Ginni sitting in the grandstand who then turns to crowd, smiling, Leo di Caprio style.

So Hinkley makes a bit of a hash of being an plane, Smiling has a bit of a dig at Ginnivan in response to Ginnivans post a week ealier.

No bullying visible here.

Then cut to Sicily swearing his head of calling Hinkley a :fking cnt" as plain as day, being restrained by team mates.

Personally I have no issue with the actions of nay involved.

Minutes after a heated and emotional final, some of the participants are heated and emotional....?

Well fk me?
Who gives a rats beside the media cnts?

You post above is totally irrelevant to the issue being discussed.

That type of confusion only adds to the stupidity of social media

Omg. I mean, really?

You've just admitted that you've never seen it done and your quick MO was to have a go at Sicily again?

Do you even realise how you're coming across right now?
I don't know mate. Hopefully not as bad as Sicily. ;)

I thought the aeroplane stuff was just funny, but I like Ginni's shit stirring too. Kenny's response was over the top if he was calling him a fwit as well as the aeroplane stuff -

Sicily's reaction was also over the top.

It'd be interesting to read a sequenced transcript if we are looking to play the, "but he ..." game. Most of what Kenny says, he appears to say after Sicily flipped. It just looked on tv like he did hte aeroplane stuff with a one liner and then went to line up to applaud Bruest and then it got ugly when Sicily went batshit, but Kenny obvioulsy may have been way out of line beforehand.

I know some Hawk fans will come in with detailed accounts of their version of events, but many of the journos would actually know what occurred and many of them think the fine and the reaction to Kenny was a load of shit. So apologies if I'm not convinced when SYL comes in with his certainty. I don't really care what people claim on here. I know enough to take it with a grain of salt.

A couple of blokes got heated at the footy - big deal - the actual shit message that has been sent out in my opinion is pride from the Hawks about Sicily's response. It wasn't good. It shouldn't be encouraged. Ginni's banter and Kenny's comeback is good stuff. But yeah if Kenny was abusing Ginni the way Sicily was abusing Kenny - not so good on either of them,

Last edited:

Clarkson to Lloyd.

'You better not f*ing retire you weak c*nt'

After the siren too.

But , but, something happened to justify it

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Back