Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Has your opinion of Jack Ginnivan changed over the past 2 years?

• Yes

Votes: 67 29.0%
  • No

Votes: 164 71.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Take That Diamonds GIF by @Phetus88

You literally proved my point.

He is saying he’s proud of how James handled himself to defend his teammates. This is different to being proud that the situation had happened altogether.

They aren’t at their finished leadership potentials but to say it was poor leadership shows why you’re here making comments and not in the industry with any substance or value put into what you say.

It’s awfully simple. James defended his teammate in which he and the coach said they were proud of him for doing so and he would do it again, they weren’t proud of the situation for happening and James said this himself, Sam just backed his players in, barely commenting. Speak to anyone within the industry or a lot of individuals and you’ll find Sam is rated as one of the best footy minds in the business, and the way he speaks is incredible.

You’re just wrong here and in this situation.
Sam showed very clearly this year that he has one of the best footy minds in the business. I'm not questioning that. I just think that Sicily's reaction being spruiked as good leadership is comical.

I think you're reading what you want to read. In terms of the overall situation, most of it was out of James's control - Sicily's reaction was the only bit in his control and he had a vent and was held back by some more mature teammates with better control over their emotions.

Mitchell spoke about "the way" that Sicily led, which pretty clear would mean the way Sicily responded to the situation.

You’ve been having a right whinge for over a week.
I'm laughing. Laughing with Ginni, Ken and people taking the piss out of Ken. Laughing at those who were triggered by Ken and those who think being triggered is good leadership. And I'm laughing at you if you're arguing that Sicily's reaction was good leadership and something to be proud of. So I'm happy for you to keep arguing it.

I'm laughing. Laughing with Ginni, Ken and people taking the piss out of Ken. Laughing at those who were triggered by Ken and those who think being triggered is good leadership. And I'm laughing at you if you're arguing that Sicily's reaction was good leadership and something to be proud of. So I'm happy for you to keep arguing it.
Oh yeah, sure you are.

Pages upon pages of posts about Hawthorn in multiple threads, but you’re not triggered at all.

Oh yeah, sure you are.

Pages upon pages of posts about Hawthorn in multiple threads, but you’re not triggered at all.
I thought you were great to watch this year and Hawks are usually intersting as they innovate and don't just follow the crowd and tactics of the recent premiers. They're certainly not doing so with what they're praising as leadership - that's for ****ing sure. But I also thought your dummy spitting exit was fantastic to watch too. It was like watching an Aussie tennis brat. Bloody entertaining year from the Hawks this year.

I thought you were great to watch this year and Hawks are usually intersting as they innovate and don't just follow the crowd and tactics of the recent premiers. They're certainly not doing so with what they're praising as leadership - that's for ****ing sure. But I also thought your dummy spitting exit was fantastic to watch too. It was like watching an Aussie tennis brat. Bloody entertaining year from the Hawks this year.
Yeah yeah, you’re so cooked you think that a club who’s had a senior coach stand and goad a player after a loss is “having a dummy spit” for daring to get pissed off by such poor behavior.

Yeah yeah, you’re so cooked you think that a club who’s had a senior coach stand and goad a player after a loss is “having a dummy spit” for daring to get pissed off by such poor behavior.
You're getting there. The other half of Kenny goading is Sicily and some former greats being ridiculously triggered.

Even you humourless supporters who take the club so seriously that you can't deal with laughter at anything Hawk are offering great entertainment. Keep it going.

You're getting there. The other half of Kenny goading is Sicily and some former greats being ridiculously triggered.

Even you humourless supporters who take the club so seriously that you can't deal with laughter at anything Hawk are offering great entertainment. Keep it going.
The fact you have to mention ex-players is the real laugh.

Hawks have cooked you.

It's not to late to change clubs. Hawthorn is the family club and will welcome you and I doubt Collingwood will miss ya 🤷

Sam showed very clearly this year that he has one of the best footy minds in the business. I'm not questioning that. I just think that Sicily's reaction being spruiked as good leadership is comical.

I think you're reading what you want to read. In terms of the overall situation, most of it was out of James's control - Sicily's reaction was the only bit in his control and he had a vent and was held back by some more mature teammates with better control over their emotions.

Mitchell spoke about "the way" that Sicily led, which pretty clear would mean the way Sicily responded to the situation.
Yes Sam does. Sicilys reaction? You’re acting like he tried to kill Ken or sat there abusing him for an hour. He said “shut the **** up” and told him his time at Port as coach he’s done sweet **** all so he shouldn’t be talking. It’s one funny and two he’s defending his teammate, he barely went on with it.

“They held him back” making it sound like a fight. Hilarious, an arm grab from one player to say “yeah he’s probably had enough” and then it was done, is nothing. You’re blowing this way more than it needs to be.

Mitchell spoke about the way Sicily led, which would be how Sicily defended his teammates and being proud in that, not in the situation itself and the situation for happening.

The fact you have to mention ex-players is the real laugh.

Hawks have cooked you.
Yep. Just a coincidence that the two commentators who were scathing about Kenny's actions in the televised event were recently retired former Hawk greats. No biases there. No possibility that they were driven by disappointment in Hawthorn's defeat at all. To give Hodge his dues though he was also scathing about Ginni's tweet prior in the week, so not necessarily bias with him.

It's not to late to change clubs. Hawthorn is the family club and will welcome you and I doubt Collingwood will miss ya 🤷

I wouldn't fit in with the humourless views that can't accept criticism that seem to be the Hawks way. Heaven forbid if I had've taken the piss out of Jeff like I did Eddie or Clarko or Sammy like I have Bucks, MM and Tony Shaw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Sam does. Sicilys reaction? You’re acting like he tried to kill Ken or sat there abusing him for an hour. He said “shut the ** up” and told him his time at Port as coach he’s done sweet ** all so he shouldn’t be talking. It’s one funny and two he’s defending his teammate, he barely went on with it.

“They held him back” making it sound like a fight. Hilarious, an arm grab from one player to say “yeah he’s probably had enough” and then it was done, is nothing. You’re blowing this way more than it needs to be.

Mitchell spoke about the way Sicily led, which would be how Sicily defended his teammates and being proud in that, not in the situation itself and the situation for happening.

Yeah, like I said, you're focussing on what you wanted him to say and want him to think and ignoring what he said, which is the only way I can infer his thoughts.

Do you think Ginni would have been particularly concerned about Kenny? Do you think Sicily's reaction has decreased or increased the shit that his teammate has copped over a nothing one liner? Was he really defending his teammate or just venting his frustration at a gutting defeat? In the context it looked like the latter to me.

Last edited:
Haha..... The comparison between Hawthorn and the England Cricket team and the cult they have tried to build around themselves has been raised numerous times on here recently..... This is more evidence.

If people say anything bad about Hawthorn, it is because they are "head ****ed"? Maybe it's just because Hawthorn, as a club and as a collective bunch of players, are arrogant and hypocritical to a level not really seen at the AFL previously.
Pretty extraordinary statement from a supporter of a club that always use excuses when they lose. Nobody beats Geelong clean there's always outside influence apparently. The wind, Gastro, Playing away from GMHBA stadium, a fan in the crowd etc. hubris of the highest order yet your here lecturing us how to conduct ourselves. Bit like your coach the voice of reason on everything Chris Scott. Explain to me why he had to have his 2 cents worth on the Hinkley-Sicily incident as an opposition coach?, no scrutiny no accountability can say what he likes. Spare us the lecture mate your club lives and breathes arrogance and hubris.

Will old mate stop at 100 posts -95 now Dudes like me ‘continually sooking ‘ just 18
I probably won't stop at 100 if Hawk fans keep responding defensively because I find it funny that Hawk leaders were so triggered by Kenny being cheeky and then were proud of being triggered

Deep down below the fragile shells you guys seem to inhabit you must realise that you'd be laughing too if it was any other club that responded like hawks have to Kenny flapping his arms about.

Forget to add, all year the footy public have had to watch the Hawks players strut around like their shit doesn't stink plus their insistence on doing those wanky, yankee cringe goal celebrations.

And then we had a sea of grown men (yes, some were clearly in their 50's & 60's) dressing up like a Harry Potter character to show how much they want to suck up to that midget Watson, which was also extremely sad & pathetic especially for men of their age.

The moment they get something thrown back in their general direction, they carry on like an entitled private schoolboy at the rowing regatta.

Its a really pleasant surprise to see the Hawthorn clan implode in such a childish & pathetic manner when they have been the kings of the schoolyard bullies for decades.
WTAF is this post. Showing personality on and off the field is offensive to you is it? **** me you talk about snowflakes getting offended over harmless exuberance on the footy field which should have no bearing on the opposition at all to than throw in the fans getting involved in the fun of it as well is the epitome of snowflakism. Let's all be robots when we play and watch footy shall we?. Absolutely nonsensical rant. Go and celebrate Cripps winning another Brownlow. About as close as your garbage club will get to any success in the near future.

What's so funny about all of this is that Dermie used to stand on people's heads, Lewis, Hodge and Mitchell used to drop the knee on blokes on the bottom of a pack with their coach proudly baosting about them playing unsociable football, the current team have taken playing for high frees to unseen levels - including headbutting the ground. Yet they and their fans are lecturing the comp about the spirit of football and acceptable etiquette. Maybe, just maybe, their spirit of football isn't shared by a heap of the football public, who couldn't give a shit that Hinkley took the piss out of Ginnivan, or whether he called him a ****wit or not.
You know what none of those guys you mentioned ever did?, after a game gave a spray to the opposition when we had won. Most of the time no matter what happened on the field you shook hands and had a beer. That's what sportsmanship is about. This is where your missing the point with your self righteous view. Based on what we know now Sicily was well within his rights to say what he said and you should expect the same from any captain. If you honestly believe Darcy would have just copped it sweet in the same situation your delusional.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Back