Huge tank, mr consistent and selfless

Would be a pretty good midfield overnight with:
English
Reid
Yeo
Kelly
Graham
Ginbey
Yeah im ok with it. Put him in some defensive roles across half forward and the midfield to free up some of the youngsters.

He works hard which is a great trait to bring into a young club.

Hes a free upgrade on some of the guys we have to delist so I cant complain

Righto then, hes better than our guys on the delist pile at least.

Should be a good guy to have around the club
He'd be decent for you guys. No star but a good person and hard worker. Reckon he needs a change.

As long as you pay him enough for band 3 compo I'd say we won't fight too hard to try keep him.

He'd be decent for you guys. No star but a good person and hard worker. Reckon he needs a change.

As long as you pay him enough for band 3 compo I'd say we won't fight too hard to try keep him.
band 3 compo is basically the same as band 2 compo for you guys anyway lol.

But yeah hes a decent pick up if a bit unexciting

Band 3 = pick 22 as it stands. Yeah, we'll take that.
Would you be pro full clean out?

Could get:
1 or 2
Collingwoods first (via Freo for Shai) + change
13 for Baker, or something similar
24 for Rioli, or something similar
22/23 for Graham via UFA
Dusty for a 2nd round if he goes (commercials need to be considered)

So say you finish last, that’s:
1,8ish,13,22,23,24ish,30ish,36

And you retain going into next year a relatively strong spine:
Balta, Gibcus, Nank, Lynch, Lefau

+ Broad, Short, Vlaustin, Hopper, Taranto, Prestia, Pickett, McIntosh

Also, Miller and Young are solid enough role players too. Ralphsmith looks promising.

I don’t know, just think this could be a pretty quick list turnover if all those players want out

Could get:
1 or 2
22/23 for Graham via UFA

Also, Miller and Young are solid enough role players too. Ralphsmith looks promising.

I don’t know, just think this could be a pretty quick list turnover if all those players want out
You forgot they have the picks to trade for 1 of gold coasts first round or Lions first round pick.

Could get:
1 or 2
22/23 for Graham via UFA

Id happily let Bolton and Rioli go if we manage to get 4x 1st round picks for them, yes. Likely one for Baker too, and maybe pick 22 for Graham. Plus our pick 1 or 2 and a fair chance we end up with Brisbane's 1st pick.

That's a hell of a launch pad for a list rebuild. Would be a pretty rough couple of years coming up but would be worth it IMO.

edit. Not a chance we'd let Rioli go for pick 24 though.

Id happily let Bolton and Rioli go if we manage to get 4x 1st round picks for them, yes. Likely one for Baker too, and maybe pick 22 for Graham. Plus our pick 1 or 2 and a fair chance we end up with Brisbane's 1st pick.

That's a hell of a launch pad for a list rebuild. Would be a pretty rough couple of years coming up but would be worth it IMO.
Said it in Bakers thread but I reckon the 22 for Graham overpay comes with with a discount on the Baker trade

What if you got Pies+Ports 1sts from Freo for Bolton, a 2nd rounder for Baker, pick 11 for Rioli+a 3rd rounder, and 22 for graham.
Meaning you gain 7+11+12+22+23 for those 4 players and one of your many 3rd rounders
Add that to your normal 1st and 2nd rounders, plus maybe you can trade up a few of your shit picks for another 2nd rounder or something.
8 picks inside 30, 4 1st rounders. Would you take it?

What if you got Pies+Ports 1sts from Freo for Bolton, a 2nd rounder for Baker, pick 11 for Rioli+a 3rd rounder, and 22 for graham.
Meaning you gain 7+11+12+22+23 for those 4 players and one of your many 3rd rounders
Add that to your normal 1st and 2nd rounders, plus maybe you can trade up a few of your shit picks for another 2nd rounder or something.
We wouldn't do that Rioli deal.

Suns are rumoured to be open to trading 2 x 1sts for Rioli already. They'll have to overpay for us to let him walk IMO. 2 x 1sts, even if we have to give them something later back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

edit. Not a chance we'd let Rioli go for pick 24 though.
Fair enough, I’ve not watched enough of you guys this year so I may have underrated his value a bit

I reckon if you are bottoming out now you might as well go very hard at the draft given the Tasmanian team will get huge concessions in the coming years which will compromise the draft hugely

Would that indicate that Baker is going to the Eagles too? Not sure how close those 2 are. Just seems a bit random that he's going to Perth but then again doubt there are offers coming left, right and centre for him.

Wce new List manager is the former Richmond recruiting manager Matthew Clarke so perhaps he has something to do with this interest in Richmond players ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That trade would make no sense at all, hes worth 1 of those first rounders
I agree, they'd be mad to do it. But he is contracted long term and Dimma will be desperate.

Plus draft picks aren't as valuable this year to GC, they already have a ridiculous amount of gun kids with Lombard this year and a few next year to add.

Those 2 x firsts from Suns were shot down by suns themselves
If Rioli does end up going to Gold Coast then I am certain it will be both Gold Coast early firsts round picks coming back in return.
Richmond will tie in some late picks to help them achieve the Lombard points aswell. But picks 6&11 (as it currently stands) will be headed to Tigers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Jack Graham [UFA 2024]

Back