Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • other

Votes: 23 41.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If Rioli does end up going to Gold Coast then I am certain it will be both Gold Coast early firsts round picks coming back in return.
Richmond will tie in some late picks to help them achieve the Lombard points aswell. But picks 6&11 (as it currently stands) will be headed to Tigers.
Please. At worst for GC it would be 6 for Rioli plus a late pick. They could then trade pick 11 for a future first.

They would be better off targeting Travaglia imo and save the money.

Please. At worst for GC it would be 6 for Rioli plus a late pick. They could then trade pick 11 for a future first.

They would be better off targeting Travaglia imo and save the money.

To target Travalia the Suns would need to have a draft night trade deal as insurance because of the Lombard bid. They are ranked between 6 and 12.

They dont want to retain pick 6 for Travagalia and someone bids on Lombard at pick 5 without insurance.

GC have really got a bad rep ever since the Weller trade. Everyone thinks they will just pay ridiculous overs since they are Gold Coast.

The worst one for me was when they gave up like 4 2nd rounders for West Coasts first rounder and they then went on to win the flag that year.

Screenshot 2024-08-02 at 3.18.51 pm.png

The worst one for me was when they gave up like 4 2nd rounders for West Coasts first rounder and they then went on to win the flag that year.

View attachment 2066202
Without that trade, WC would be in even more trouble. They got 2 of their best young players but gave away Rowbottom.

If Rioli does end up going to Gold Coast then I am certain it will be both Gold Coast early firsts round picks coming back in return.
Richmond will tie in some late picks to help them achieve the Lombard points aswell. But picks 6&11 (as it currently stands) will be headed to Tigers.
No chance.

If the FA compo is anything inside 30 for Jack Graham we're absolutely laughing.

I agree, they'd be mad to do it. But he is contracted long term and Dimma will be desperate.

Plus draft picks aren't as valuable this year to GC, they already have a ridiculous amount of gun kids with Lombard this year and a few next year to add.
Might want to push some back to next year though with the DVI changing and they have a few more kids coming through and potentially pick one

If the FA compo is anything inside 30 for Jack Graham we're absolutely laughing.
That would indicate it’s part of the Baker deal to over pay Graham to trigger a higher band and pay less in a trade. Either that or Clarke is a liability to our cap and list going forward

He was good today.

If that hapens then a fair few later picks are heading the Suns way as well.

Even future 3rds.

I can see the Tigers with at least 5 first round picks this season. And Im interested if they are keen on the Eagles splitting pick 3 for a couple of later firsts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said it in Bakers thread but I reckon the 22 for Graham overpay comes with with a discount on the Baker trade

I don't post on here often, but thats the approach I've come away with too. I also don't think we get a 1st for Baker, but I reckon its 2 2nds with some 3rds going back. We will want West Coasts F2 IMO, as we will try and trade with GC (with or without a Rioli trade) to get their high picks this year.

They will sell them to the highest bidder and they may get better value with 2nds (they have high draft picks again for next year in their academies - so where picks fall doesn't really matter to them, and I think the changed DVI will impact on who is prepared to trade a future 1st). They could trade all of their 1st 3 picks and just get something small back this year (The Tigers can manage that) and still be able to match Lombard. Whatever happens, there is zero chance that they hold onto their 1st 2 picks IMO.

I don't post on here often, but thats the approach I've come away with too. I also don't think we get a 1st for Baker, but I reckon its 2 2nds with some 3rds going back. We will want West Coasts F2 IMO, as we will try and trade with GC (with or without a Rioli trade) to get their high picks this year.

They will sell them to the highest bidder and they may get better value with 2nds (they have high draft picks again for next year in their academies - so where picks fall doesn't really matter to them, and I think the changed DVI will impact on who is prepared to trade a future 1st). They could trade all of their 1st 3 picks and just get something small back this year (The Tigers can manage that) and still be able to match Lombard. Whatever happens, there is zero chance that they hold onto their 1st 2 picks IMO.
So you want WCE F2 for Baker?
Surely you dont mean 2 2nds AND the boosted compo from Graham?

So you want WCE F2 for Baker?
Surely you dont mean 2 2nds AND the boosted compo from Graham?

Obviously there would be picks going back, but yeah 2 2nds but with plenty coming back. Maybe Freos 2nd that we have, we have 3rds this year and next to balance it all out.

I reckon after you have Pick 2/3 and then the Barass pick, there is a wide open group where Champion may fall this year, so will try and clear out a bit of a gap IMO, and try and bid up with later picks.

Reckon his value is around Pick 15, but we won't get a pick inside 20 specifically for him, how the deal is structured will probably work out to be a DVI of around 15, but without that 1st round pick to get there.

Obviously there would be picks going back, but yeah 2 2nds but with plenty coming back. Maybe Freos 2nd that we have, we have 3rds this year and next to balance it all out.

I reckon after you have Pick 2/3 and then the Barass pick, there is a wide open group where Champion may fall this year, so will try and clear out a bit of a gap IMO, and try and bid up with later picks.

Reckon his value is around Pick 15, but we won't get a pick inside 20 specifically for him, how the deal is structured will probably work out to be a DVI of around 15, but without that 1st round pick to get there.
Those 2 2nd rounders are probably the correct value on their own.
We pay Graham overs to get band 2/3 and there has to be a discount.
Maybe 1x2nd and a F3 for Baker with the Graham overpay.

You end with 2 early 2nd rounders and a F3 for the 2 of them

That would indicate it’s part of the Baker deal to over pay Graham to trigger a higher band and pay less in a trade. Either that or Clarke is a liability to our cap and list going forward

He was good today.
Doubt it.
Seems both Graham and West coast have come to terms. $$$ and contract length would have been discussed and agreed upon. Now it’s just waiting for the window to open to sign it.

Baker as far as we know hasn’t even made a decision on a club, let alone to the respective teams spoken about draft picks.

They are completely seperate deals.

Doubt it.
Seems both Graham and West coast have come to terms. $$$ and contract length would have been discussed and agreed upon. Now it’s just waiting for the window to open to sign it.

Baker as far as we know hasn’t even made a decision on a club, let alone to the respective teams spoken about draft picks.

Probably but Baker could've told the Eagles he is in. Also if he hasnt but does decide to sign with the Eagles they can then up Grahams money to hit a higher band and help trigger a higher band to help the deal. Graham ain’t going to knock back an extra $100k a year.

Mitch Cleary has also said Simmo was on board the Graham signing but the new coach might not be so that’s still to play out

Probably but Baker could've told the Eagles he is in. Also if he hasnt but does decide to sign with the Eagles they can then up Grahams money to hit a higher band and help trigger a higher band to help the deal. Graham ain’t going to knock back an extra $100k a year.

Mitch Cleary has also said Simmo was on board the Graham signing but the new coach might not be so that’s still to play out
Yep the new coach should have a say.
But odds are the head of football would let the list manager look after this trade period. It will be some time before a new HC gets in the seat and the time to win players over is now - hence the Graham discussions, Mitchell meeting with Barass etc.

Wouldn’t be surprised if grahams on a mid weight 4 year contract. Whatever $550-$650k nets out in compo. Band 3 probably but who knows really.

Those 2 2nd rounders are probably the correct value on their own.
We pay Graham overs to get band 2/3 and there has to be a discount.
Maybe 1x2nd and a F3 for Baker with the Graham overpay.

You end with 2 early 2nd rounders and a F3 for the 2 of them

We are about the same in terms of value, but if you say Baker is worth the 2 2nds, then we might as well take them from you and have an end of 2nd for Graham, its actually worth slightly more. Whilst you should get a discount (and some of that is not pushing for a 1st), there needs to be something in it for us too.

Some of it may come down to where you expect a bid on Champion, if a bit later in the 2nd round, then you probably will try and keep your 2nd, and if you get Hawks 2nd as part of a Barass bid, maybe we get that and give you your 3rd back.

Whatever the structure of the deal I expect it to be something like that.

We are about the same in terms of value, but if you say Baker is worth the 2 2nds, then we might as well take them from you and have an end of 2nd for Graham, its actually worth slightly more. Whilst you should get a discount (and some of that is not pushing for a 1st), there needs to be something in it for us too.

Some of it may come down to where you expect a bid on Champion, if a bit later in the 2nd round, then you probably will try and keep your 2nd, and if you get Hawks 2nd as part of a Barass bid, maybe we get that and give you your 3rd back.

Whatever the structure of the deal I expect it to be something like that.
I think it will be trigger band 3. Easily manipulated and F2 (likely pick 20). F2 could probably equal GC pick 19 and Eagles could straight up trade for that. But a 3 way trade makes more dance imo.

Tigers 19 & Graham Compo (Pick 22) (instead of band 4 comp 39). 22 and 19 either kept or traded on to GC if they don’t trade their WB tied pick (currently pick 12) or Brissy (17*)

A lot to play out, where clubs rate players on their draft board, where those picks land and if Rioli and Co get traded. Say no Rioli trade and WB don’t make a prelim.

GC - F2 + 22
Rich- 12-14* (WB pick)
Eagles- Baker

Last edited:
Doubt it.

How do you know they are separate deals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Jack Graham [UFA 2024]

Back