Rumour Jack Luk-no-sius

Remove this Banner Ad

Sholl?

And I don’t know if wing is really the spot for Curtin anyway, he’s not just tall, he’s a big boy. The way he threw his weight around in the last quarter on Sunday I don’t think we want to keep him on the outside.

I think wing could be a good spot for Lukosius though.
3 wingers. ;)

Sholl?

And I don’t know if wing is really the spot for Curtin anyway, he’s not just tall, he’s a big boy. The way he threw his weight around in the last quarter on Sunday I don’t think we want to keep him on the outside.

I think wing could be a good spot for Lukosius though.
He's had a good year no doubt... He's taken himself off the delist pile... But id trade given the chance... I still don't really rate him personally.

He's had a good year no doubt... He's taken himself off the delist pile... But id trade given the chance... I still don't really rate him personally.
We should not be looking to trade any of our best side as we need to improve our depth not reduce it like previous years.

The problem with Sholl is he plays well in the first half and then drop off toward the 2nd half of the season when he physically can't keep up which makes those effort he does look soft so get dropped and doesn't get recalled but he has been able to play the entire season so maybe he is finally AFL fit now?????

I'd much rather have Luko than a first rounder. Gallooch, McAsey...

Proven classy player as opposed to a hit and miss.
Top end looks decent this year. No way do we give up pick #4/5. Luko is worth a 2nd rounder.

Curtin looks very promising too.

I believe we have 15x 1st rounders on our list & most played on the weekend.

The problem with Sholl is he plays well in the first half and then drop off toward the 2nd half of the season when he physically can't keep up which makes those effort he does look soft so get dropped and doesn't get recalled but he has been able to play the entire season so maybe he is finally AFL fit now?????

I thought he was crap in the first half of this season. Has had a solid run comming home?

Seems to have arms now also.

Top end looks decent this year. No way do we give up pick #4/5. Luko is worth a 2nd rounder.

Curtin looks very promising too.

I believe we have 15x 1st rounders on our list & most played on the weekend.
If we can get away with it all good and well but Luko was an early first rounder and has shown he was worth that pick.

He's definitely worth a first round pick.

If we can get away with it all good and well but Luko was an early first rounder and has shown he was worth that pick.

He's definitely worth a first round pick.
Even most of the media are saying Luko is worth a 2nd rounder.

You need to consider he is on a very high salary & Suns would prefer to spend that money on other players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me he’s very much in the mould of Jack Watts. Obviously highly skilled and highly rated as a junior, but is missing the aggression he needs to become anything other than a ‘pretty good’ footballer.
He went no.2 in a very good draft year, and has been lucky to escape scrutiny being based in QLD.
We already have too many players who don’t seem to care that much. Not sure he’d be a good get.

I followed his draft year very closely. Rankine was one of the most talented players I've ever seen, and I couldn't quite understand how Lukosius went pick 2. That said, I'd be very happy to have him for a 2nd rounder. I reckon he's got a heap of upside and could be handy coming off half back or a wing

Personally I don't see the need.
He's a decent player, but no superstar.

My question is - what position does he play that substantially improves us? Is he a half forward that we use as the connector?

It could make us a bit top heavy up forward, especially if Tex plays on. I can't see how we play Luko, Tex, Fog, Thilthorpe and probably Curtin in the same forward line.
Can he play wing?

Any Crows person should be able to rattle off a list of names of players that left us and got better somewhere else (or worse).

Sometimes, for a variety of reasons, players don't flourish at one club, but do at another.

Luko has more than enough to take the punt (for the right price).

To me he’s very much in the mould of Jack Watts. Obviously highly skilled and highly rated as a junior, but is missing the aggression he needs to become anything other than a ‘pretty good’ footballer.
He went no.2 in a very good draft year, and has been lucky to escape scrutiny being based in QLD.
We already have too many players who don’t seem to care that much. Not sure he’d be a good get.
How many times to Jack watts kick more than 4 goals in a game out of interest ?

They aren't similar, Lukosius is much better by foot so take more difficult kicks whereas Watts handball more. He kicked nearly 40 goals last year but somehow Hardwick played him back in defense and was poor then there was media pressure so he moved him back forward and has been poor outside kicking 5 against Geelong.

I followed his draft year very closely. Rankine was one of the most talented players I've ever seen, and I couldn't quite understand how Lukosius went pick 2. That said, I'd be very happy to have him for a 2nd rounder. I reckon he's got a heap of upside and could be handy coming off half back or a wing
I fail to see how he's "got a heap of upside". EVeryone is by now well aware of what he can do and can't do. There's no next level for him to go to. However, in a new environment, with more pressure on him, we might get more consistency out of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jack Luk-no-sius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back