News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I absolutely love this. I'm a big Lukosius believer and if we can actually try a new avenue to goal with our gameplan, feel he can really shine here. Luko kicking to Mitch is wet dream stuff.

He can play as a high half forward link up player as well as a leading forward himself and is underrated overhead. I also think the soft label is unfairly put on him.

I think we give him the best opportunity to shine, as Gold Coast only ever played him as third forward at best. With us, he can play multiple roles in the forward line, working in tandem with Mitch as a 1A/1B option and I can see them both kicking 40+ goals next year.

I'm bloody pumped.

Surely Gold Coast are throwing in Pick 6 along with Luko ;)

That is what they did when they gave Bowes away to Geelong when they had a salary cap dump.

Janus always said getting Lukosius was the key to unlocking Total Football.. get excited.

Just need to sack Hinkley and sign Cruyff.

6 years is a ballsy move for a guy who hasn’t quite lived up to expectations. Think we’ll have to cough up something good to get this deal done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damien Hardwick being so willing to let Lukosius out the door is a massive red flag for me, he's weeding out the over paid soft utensils that have taken Gold Coast nowhere.
That is definitely a concern.

If we get him, I hope he plays the third tall role to mitigate the softness which is a bit more inherent in that role.

If he comes and plays that role, I feel he is overqualified for it. He has a lot of good qualities as a forward but one or two that are concerning. I don't think he's reached anywhere near his peak but he might be one of those guys who skates on skill.

If we have Mitch and Luko then a big gorilla forward is a must or an outstanding forward from the draft.

6 years is a ballsy move for a guy who hasn’t quite lived up to expectations. Think we’ll have to cough up something good to get this deal done.
Not really. The guy is only 24 and already played 116 games. So very durable and about to come into his prime as a key forward.

He kicked 39 goals last year in an average team. This year was a bust as Hardwick threw him around everywhere on the ground and then dropped him. He probably knew he was leaving when he dropped him to be honest.

We are also building a list of young players about to hit their peak in the next year or 2, which Luko fits perfectly into that bracket.

It is important we get Lukosius but let’s recognise that he is far from the player he was expected to become when drafted. Hope he can realise that potential with us. A clear replacement for Marshall.
Hes also at the age where he could be just about to break out.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's good news but also on the flip side means:
1) Houston is gone (do we have any picks otherwise?)
2) They think Marshall is cooked, which has me horrible concerned about how much of his salary we've got on the hook for the next 5 years. I hope we at least try to give him plenty of time to recover and then try to alter his role to a more outside role, i honestly don't think he would be too bad on a wing. We need to try something before pissing away a 5 year deal.

It's good news but also on the flip side means:
1) Houston is gone (do we have any picks otherwise?)
2) They think Marshall is cooked, which has me horrible concerned about how much of his salary we've got on the hook for the next 5 years. I hope we at least try to give him plenty of time to recover and then try to alter his role to a more outside role, i honestly don't think he would be too bad on a wing. We need to try something before pissing away a 5 year deal.

I'd love for Marshall to find a role where he's not getting concussed every week, but his last concussion was from a simple tackle. Fear that for his sake, he's done.

I like the fact that it forces us to change our upside 50 game plan to better suit Luko and Georgie.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes. Hopefully an updated gameplan that works with more space on the forward 50. Both of these guys will be dangerous in this role… plus Marshall might not get hit in the head in contests as much.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back