News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacks back ended contract, and the fact he was dropped works very well for us in terms of trade value.

Flexibility getting him points wise from Pick 20 to 32. Pending who picks up the tab.

I would hope too, Luko, Mitch, Finny/Marshall means we are going to run a leading pattern FWD line.

Esava to work with Martin Leslie all off season. Start prodding him with bull horns to get the gentle giant angry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be very interesting to see how we use him. A forward line of Luko and George could be deadly if we can clear the 50 and allow them room to lead. Play Marshall or Fin as a high CHF, with SPP and DBJ pushing up the ground as well. I can see it working, but we haven't had a coherent forward structure under Ken so doubt this eventuates.

Luko walks into our 22, but the most important aspect of moving from Dixon to Luko might be structural. Our 'bomb it long to Dixon' ball movement sucked at the best of times, but it would make even less sense with athletes like Georgiades and Lukosius as our #1 and #2 KPF's as opposed to a big body like Dixon. Hopefully this forces us into a change in ball movement and saves us from ourselves.

Port have been in contact with Lukosius going back many months to when he was disgruntled having been played by Dimma in the backline. He wants to play as a forward. This is a massive get for the Club. He was telling people at Port over a week ago he wanted to join our Club but always nice to get official confirmation via the media.

Shouldn't cost a first rounder if Port are taking on his entire salary that is remaining on his current deal. A future 2nd sounds about right given the circumstances. Won't be surprised if Port settle on a trade that lands them a first round pick and Lukosius as the compensation for Houston.

Lastly, massive shout out to Rozee for getting this deal across the line.

Sorry to be a cynic, I just see this guy to be a slightly less inconsistent version of Finlayson with a better kick.
Happy to be proven wrong but currently I don’t see him as a pressing need.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sorry to be a cynic, I just see this guy to be a slightly less inconsistent version of Finlayson with a better kick.
Happy to be proven wrong but currently I don’t see him as a pressing need.

Yea you are completely wrong, but that is okay. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I’m hoping the nomination means that Port and Gold Coast have pretty much nutted out a deal.

I am as excited about Jack coming to Port as any other player in the league. Reasons are:

1. He is a prodigious talent;
2. That talent was not unlocked at GC;
3. We need a mobile forward line- the days of bombing it on the monster forward’s head are gone;
4. We need a straight kicking tall forward;
5. 7 years ago he was seen as a once in a generation player who you could build a team around- I believe he can still be that player;
6. His relationship with Rozee and now Butters gives ownership of the team’s fortunes to those 3 (and Horne-Francis);
7. To think we may be able to secure all that for a half back flanker from the rookie draft and some change is mouthwatering.

Days after a very dark day, we may be witnessing the birth of something great.

[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" data-quote="SureBuddy" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Yea you are completely wrong, but that is okay. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Haha. I could agree with you….then we’d both be wrong.

As I said I’m happy to be proven wrong.
To me he seems very inconsistent but who knows, a change of environment may be what he needs.

Port have been in contact with Lukosius going back many months to when he was disgruntled having been played by Dimma in the backline. He wants to play as a forward. This is a massive get for the Club. He was telling people at Port over a week ago he wanted to join our Club but always nice to get official confirmation via the media.

Shouldn't cost a first rounder if Port are taking on his entire salary that is remaining on his current deal. A future 2nd sounds about right given the circumstances. Won't be surprised if Port settle on a trade that lands them a first round pick and Lukosius as the compensation for Houston.

Lastly, massive shout out to Rozee for getting this deal across the line.
Spot on except… it has been years, not months, that we have been putting in the work with Jack. Think we were genuinely disappointed he signed his last contract as we were readying for a play then.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back