News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't love him anywhere near as much as many

He was dropped this year and I'll be honest - don't think I've seen him win a contested anything

Dimma knows his footballers, if he doesn't rate him, must be good reasoning

But

If we can get him on a salary dump deal, then spread it out and not give up too much (second rounder?) then I'm happy

I’m tempering this with unless Hardwick has lost the plot, then he sees some serious flaws in Lukosius’s game.
Unless this is another JHF like situation where he just wants to get out and come home.
But there is some form of not quite living up to potential for the amount of time he’s been there.
That’s balanced somewhat by an expectation that KPPs take longer to develop and hopefully it’s the case with him.

Last year Ken tried to open up the game plan, and we lost the first 5 games. Then he went back to the very defensive game plan. This year after a slump, he had to go more mobile, and that helped by getting Esava out of the backline.

Perhaps Ken is smarter than we think, and our current list just isn’t fast and mobile enough to play an open aggressive game plan.

I think Jack could help change this, especially the forwardline. Still need some more speed at half forward and on the wings though.

Will be interesting if anything changes…

Last year Ken tried to open up the game plan, and we lost the first 5 games. Then he went back to the very defensive game plan. This year after a slump, he had to go more mobile, and that helped by getting Esava out of the backline.

Perhaps Ken is smarter than we think, and our current list just isn’t fast and mobile enough to play an open aggressive game plan.

I think Jack could help change this, especially the forwardline. Still need some more speed at half forward and on the wings though.

Yeah he’s that smart that he helped create a list that he’s worked out can’t play what he initially wanted so he’s got them playing another way.

Ye Gods, I just had a look in the Jack Lukosius thread on the Trade Board and now feel like I have to drill a hole in my skull to pour bleach directly onto my brain to wash off the sludge.

Heaven forbid, we may have to actually change our gameplan now!?

Give me a forward line of Mitch, Luko and Marshall (health pending). Leading non stop and creating space.

Exactly

We just got shown by a forward line with Amartey, McDonald and that other guy

None of them are star forwards, but they work well in a system together

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No new player coming in excites me anymore, not when the game plan is fundamentally flawed.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Its aways worth remembering when it comes to this game that nothing is ever as bad as it seems and nothing is ever as good as it seems, nothing's black and nothing's white.

I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, but I can recall Lukosius tearing the fruit tingles a new a/hole to the tune of 5 or 6 goals, with two of them being absolute monsters from well outside the 50 and with the last of them icing that game.

If he can get back to anywhere near that sort of form he has to be worth a punt, and if he does he won't be the first cold toaster who has been better at his 2nd club.

A good addition indeed. Pretty versatile. Drop in replacement should Houston leave.

Still need a replacement for Dixon cause there is no way he can take another season.

Shifting deck chairs on the titanic…

Fast and aggressive isn’t what we’re asking for. Some resemblance of a plan in the forward half is.

Sydney and Brisbane both lack raw pace but they have structures and a game plan in place to move the ball effectively.

Port have been in contact with Lukosius going back many months to when he was disgruntled having been played by Dimma in the backline. He wants to play as a forward. This is a massive get for the Club. He was telling people at Port over a week ago he wanted to join our Club but always nice to get official confirmation via the media.

Shouldn't cost a first rounder if Port are taking on his entire salary that is remaining on his current deal. A future 2nd sounds about right given the circumstances. Won't be surprised if Port settle on a trade that lands them a first round pick and Lukosius as the compensation for Houston.

Lastly, massive shout out to Rozee for getting this deal across the line.
I agree with that net trade result.

Port will use Luko to make it look like they got 2 firsts for Dan.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Happy for Lukosius to come to our club being a pick 2 in 2018, but why is he getting pushed out from GCS?

I'm bit concerned that he will be another soft player that doesn't meet expectations being added to our list.
I can see why people call him soft, he's not a forward who initiates body contact as he's not strong and powerful. His strengths are that he's very good aerobically, he's a clever lead mark forward with really good kicking skills. He's very comparable to Marshall who also carries the soft tag. My opinion is that most players have strengths/weaknesses, but the art of coaching is to use the player in a role that maximises their strengths. If we do this with Luko he'll be a good get.

A spine of :

Georgiades
Lukosius
Rozee/Butters/Horne-Francis
Aliir
Zerk-Thatcher

Will be as good as any in the AFL for 7 years.
Only if you think Aliir is playing at his current level til 37 years of age

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back