News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Port: Lukosius, 12 (GC), Future 1st (Carlton), 20 (GC)
Gold Coast: Future 1st (Port), 31 (Carlton)
Carlton: Houston

Gcs get ripped off and Carlton take the piss in that effort

What's the point in us getting Carlton's future first and Gold Coast getting our future 1st? Why not just give Carlton's future first to GC and we keep ours?

Then if you take those out we're getting Luko, 12 and 20 for Houston, which as much as I like Houston is an entirely unrealistic haul.

No, he had us giving up Houston and our future 1st to get Luko, gcs pick 12 and pick 20.

Why does it matter what the crows think we are paying Luko?
You know it doesn’t matter but you know why it matters to them. They are pissants.

Gcs get ripped off and Carlton take the piss in that effort

No, he had us giving up Houston and our future 1st to get Luko, gcs pick 12 and pick 20.
He very much didn't, he had us getting a future 1st as well.

Well if the crows offered 1.1 for Lucko we must be around the 900k mark.
What a fking joke, we spend all year complaining how soft the likes of Rozze Burton and co are and now they want to bring in another marshmallow and pay him top dollar.
All this because he went high in a draft and he’s a SA player.
When we going to get over this crap and see players for what they actually are.
He gets dropped by GC cos 3 times premiership coach thinks he’s shyt.
What do the SA clubs do?
Go there hardest to get him offering over a million a year for a Suns reject.
Ok Like for like - Swap Marschall to Lokocius.?

If Luko can get back to somewhere near his 2023 form of 39 goals, 6.4 marks a game, 1 contested then I consider that worth the salary hit. Sure Dimma is kicking him out but we don't necessarily know the whole story and didn't he give us Jay?

There is no doubt he seems to have a lot of Todd about him. However what he does have that we haven't seen in Todd, Lord, Finlayson, Rioli, SPP and Dixon is durability and/or off field issues. Not the end all and be all in forwards but not to be underrated at Port either. Fingers cross it will be nice to have a forward line player turn up fit with his head in the game each week.

Like Todd and Dixon, Luko's success at Port will partly be predicated on whether we have a gameplan that doesn't have high, long, deep forward entries as option A and plays spuds like McEntee to try and prevent the rebound. Ideally we would have a new coach and a completely different gameplan with some versatility built into it.

Is there room for Luko and Todd or are they competing for the same spot? That is the burning question for me. I really can't see both of them playing in our forward line with Mitch the 3rd tall. Ideally you have that ruck/contested marking forward. Maybe one of them is going to play up the ground or trialed as a defender.
Trade Marshall - why are people keeping him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back