News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest news:

Jon Ralph:
Gold Coast is confident Port Adelaide will hand over its future first-rounder for top five pick Jack Lukosius given the club has committed to him on a six-year deal.
The Power and Suns have had constructive dialogue on Lukosius’ future and those discussions are expected to advance in coming days.
Lukosius chose the Power over Adelaide on a deal of up to a million dollars a season.
Suns list boss Craig Cameron said on Monday he expected smooth progress on the trade.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Evans coming on as he has, has made a difference to our strategy too. Evans IMO is the most like-for-like Houston replacement.

I agree that he's closest to Houston, but Houston is next level in that he has years of experience in terms of figuring out angles and learning of opposition structures to bust their zone/press.

I do not expect Evans to be able to do it at a consistent level for a few years.

I really cannot think of a player we've had in our AFL history that's as good as Houston in reading the opposition structures and setting up our forwards.

Think there’s going to be some egg on some faces on 12 months time looking back on this thread.

Think he’s being very under rated.

Most likely going to be a minimum 40 goal a year forward and will be head to head with Georgiades as our leading goal kicker.

He’s a great kick and if he’s getting as many shots on goal as Finlayson has been then he will be kicking 50+ goals next year.
He'll be an ok player.
No world beater.
But makès us a bit better in the front half.

I'm not sure Luko's attitude is the issue I think what you have is a highly skilled, laconic floater of a player he'll do some great stuff and other times he'll loaf around like Westhoff on shrooms. He's not reaching his draft hype that's a long time ago now.
My god this made me laugh

Latest news:

Jon Ralph:
Gold Coast is confident Port Adelaide will hand over its future first-rounder for top five pick Jack Lukosius given the club has committed to him on a six-year deal.
The Power and Suns have had constructive dialogue on Lukosius’ future and those discussions are expected to advance in coming days.
Lukosius chose the Power over Adelaide on a deal of up to a million dollars a season.
Suns list boss Craig Cameron said on Monday he expected smooth progress on the trade.

Going by Free Agent compo... 6yrs at 500k would net Rnd 2 pick at best... so why would we give a first round? GC don't want him, GC want his salary off their books...

How much cap space does Port have? Considering Luko is owed approximately $2 million over the next two years, if Port takes on all of it, that has to weaken GC's demands for a future 1st rounder at least in theory...right?

What do the SUNS need more ?

Salary Cap Relief
High Draft Picks

The answer is obviously a/ so we will take on most if not all of his contract
They get a future second to sweeten the deal

That's fair and reasonable
Get it done

...... and keep the Wobblers out of it

If they want Houston, pony up with first round pickS big time

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad