News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it’s been said before but Luko is like Jack watts
High pick
Massive tease
Silky/laconic
Will probably never live up to the hype

Can he swim?

This is another case of us picking up a fringe 22 player from a club based on either potential or filling a need we have not been able to develop players for. And we wonder why the 15-22 last picked players are so terrible in our squad.

Luko was pick 2 on potential, he’s nowhere near lived up to that. How far can potential take you? Yeah yeah he kicked 39 goals one year… Aaron Young kicked 37 once. Who cares. To me this is an ‘at the right price’ type of pick up and - if the media is anything to go by - we’re looking at blowing a first rounder on this schlub. That’s not the right price, walk away Port!

Perhaps it could also be that he's been playing with the Sun's all those seasons? It's realistically only this one & last season that they've gotten more in form as a team. Look at Rankine, was already a good player as that damaging small forward but since moving to the crows he's even better and now more so as a part midfield player. He showed his 1st game with crows massive differences. Point is, the team and style helps too. So Lukosius may go even further with his potential at Port. He was moved around a lot this season because they wanted Jed as key forward and King where as King was usually playing a key defender prior.

If Georgiades continues his form and gets even better whilst having Lukosius there too and they both score 30+ goals then that's a boost for Port realistically. I'd assume Georgiades will get to 40 easily if not more next season if he plays every game and would expect Lukosius to do so as well. Finlayson could of but he had a shit season with accuracy... hence why Port kicked a crap tonne of points.

Hoping that if Lord gets set over pre season and actually develops into that big key forward we hope for plus with those 2 and ports other small forwards then they'll have a cracking season.

if luko comes top 10 in the Coleman next season

The majority of people in here are gonna look like clowns.
Same energy as the people on the main board who were telling us how silly we'd look if Ken wins the flag this year.

"If x then you're gonna look silly!" is an utterly pointless thing to say if x hasn't happened and may never happen.

6 years ago I would be over the moon us getting jack...now 🤔 I'm cool with him coming... Hopefully he can stand up and be robin to Geo's batman.

I'm still hoping that pick 23 or whatever it is good enough. He has talent but will be will reach it? 🤷‍♀️

6 years ago I would be over the moon us getting jack...now 🤔 I'm cool with him coming... Hopefully he can stand up and be robin to Geo's batman.

I'm still hoping that pick 23 or whatever it is good enough. He has talent but will be will reach it? 🤷‍♀️
Donut's is a terrible coach

However the one thing he is decent at is getting players across to the club who have not reached their potential, and a fair share of those players have reached it.

Yea I don't reckon donuts gets the best out of players at all he gets them to a level and they generally plateau from there or dip. Lukosius will probably have a spike initially then fold in with the rest of the kenbots as he realises it's taxing style of game with little reward.
Yeah thats well said!

100% Accurate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They finished there because we beat them. Lose those games and our draw gets much harder.

Not much harder.

Richmond finished 18th. If they'd won either or both of their games against us, they'd have finished 17th.

Adelaide finished 15th. If they'd won the second showdown, they'd still have finished 15th.

Melbourne finished 14th. If they'd won their second game against us, they'd have finished 11th.

St Kilda finished 12th. If they'd won one game against us, they'd have finished 11th. If they'd won both games against us, they would likely have finished 9th or 10th (it is possible that they'd have overtaken Collingwood on percentage, but unlikely that they'd have overtaken Carlton).

Fremantle finished 10th. If they'd won one game against us, they'd have finished 8th. If they won both games against us, they would likely have finished 6th (it is unlikely that they'd have overtaken Brisbane on percentage).

Carlton finished 8th. If they'd won their second game against us, they'd likely still have finished 8th (it is unlikely that they'd have overtaken Hawthorn or Footscray on percentage).

Taking these "what ifs" in combination becomes more difficult, because it moves multiple teams (including us, who could have tumbled all the way to 15th with a 7-16 record).

In isolation, there's very little change to the strength of our fixture measured by whatever brackets (top 8, 9-12, middle 6, bottom 6, bottom 4) you want to choose. We should also keep in mind that, for example, Carlton moves down in the universe where Fremantle moves up.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back