Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026, linked to Port Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

Rozee was always your target and Lukosius was ours so if we end up with both Rankine and Lukosius then who has been tracking them. Unless Lukosius decide to take a pay cut in the money owned to him in the next 2 years as GCS underpaid him in his first 2 years, I would expect he will get paid the $2M in the next 2 years and than offer another 2-3 years at $750K.
I think he meant this when Cripps said he’d be after Luko and Rankine if suns took them.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...r-top-sa-draft-prospects-20181015-p509p5.html

Im not 100% sold on the idea we want him as a forward. I reckon we want him as that tall winger.
I actually think he’s a pretty perfect fit, at least in terms of role. Fogarty and Thilthorpe then Lukosious as the hybrid third tall. Important to have particularly for when Thilthorpe relieves in the ruck.
His ability to fill other roles and play in other areas means he theoretically never becomes a liability if he’s not getting near it up forward. I like it for Adelaide, apart from the money 🤮

GC fans acting like they have all the leverage when their salary cap is bursting at the seams is quite amusing for all I imagine.
They set the precedent with Bowes.
If you push someone out because you don't want their salary on the books it's a salary dump. No amount of crying to say otherwise by them or the vfl compliant media will convince anyone otherwise.

GC fans acting like they have all the leverage when their salary cap is bursting at the seams is quite amusing for all I imagine.
Port fans acting like they have any idea on the state of our salary cap when it is not made public knowledge is pretty funny to me.

How much salary cap do we have remaining? Seeing you know

We are the only club who has done a salary dump. You look at this and think we're in trouble, but you don't consider the millions that we saved from that? And cost us dearly to do it - bowes and pick 7, yet it was for a reason, and had it's rewards for our bigger picture. We traded out Hollands to relieve cap pressure, not have that sort of money running around in the vfl.

They're also not considering 2 of our highest paid players in Swallow and Witts come out of contract next year. We now have 2 clubs vying over Luko, taking another 1.8 million off our books.

They are hung up about the largest afl contract in history but have their blinkers on to the already inflated tpp increase and have not considered he will play through likely another 2 more increases throughout his contract.

Outsiders are complaining about the academy and our direct access to top end talent but they haven't realised the best part about it yet, these academy players will play for less to stay at home mwhahahahahahaha.

I don't think this is very helpful.

I've made my point it is clearly a salary dump trade, and the return for GC should be considered for that in line with Bowes trade.
Based on what?

This is forward talls - Luko, King, Read, Walter, Andrew. You believe Suns can fit all in? Luko over Andrew, Read, Walter long-term?

I guess, the trade will tell us if it is a dump. I predict F1 with something coming back (F2/F3).

Last edited:
We're trading luko because we trust ben long to sit under a high ball more than him, 195cm jellyfish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably not "busting" but you heavily backend Lukosius doesn't help, that $2M salary cap will be useful for GCS given the contract Mac Andrew has recently signed and the quality Academy youngsters coming through.
Totally agree that Luko’s contract being back ended and his unwillingness to play anywhere but forward has put the Suns in a difficult situation where they likely feel with the talent on the list ( King, Walter, Mac, Read) that he’s surplus to needs and as such tradable.

Signing him to that deal was a mistake, not the first that Craig “would you like 7 with that” Cameron has made in his time as our list boss.

But being willing to move him on and having to dump him are 2 different things. None of us know the full story and only if or when the trade happens will we know. Luckily for the SA clubs Cameron is about as sharp as Albo

Totally agree that Luko’s contract being back ended and his unwillingness to play anywhere but forward has put the Suns in a difficult situation where they likely feel with the talent on the list ( King, Walter, Mac, Read) that he’s surplus to needs and as such tradable.

Signing him to that deal was a mistake, not the first that Craig “would you like 7 with that” Cameron has made in his time as our list boss.

But being willing to move him on and having to dump him are 2 different things. None of us know the full story and only if or when the trade happens will we know. Luckily for the SA clubs Cameron is about as sharp as Albo
But to have $2M off your salary cap is very attractive proposition, Lukosius is a better player than Bowes so giving back pick 12 for our F1 is a good deal since this could be a top 4 pick next year or at worst pick 10.

But to have $2M off your salary cap is very attractive proposition, Lukosius is a better player than Bowes so giving back pick 12 for our F1 is a good deal since this could be a top 4 pick next year or at worst pick 10.
Are you capable of an actual debate, I mean this proposal is ludicrous

Are you capable of an actual debate, I mean this proposal is ludicrous
$2M is 20% of Mac Andrew entire contract that you can use to front load, just saying you need to give something and unlike Bowes I actually rate Lukosius so pick 12 is very fair to "gamble" for a potential pick 4. But then you initially said it wasn't $2M and now you are reside to the fact that it is lol.

$2M is 20% of Mac Andrew entire contract that you can use to front load, just saying you need to give something and unlike Bowes I actually rate Lukosius so pick 12 is very fair to "gamble" for a potential pick 4. But then you initially said it wasn't $2M and now you are reside to the fact that it is lol.
How about the Suns have never made finals so give us pick 4 for Luko and our future first. Using your logic you should jump at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026, linked to Port Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back