Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Be carefull what you wish for, I will tell you why.

(1) Port have made three prelims in five seasons; the Crows haven't made finals for seven seasons.
(2) Port has modern, world-class club facilities, compared to the dustbowl at West Lakes.
(3) It's not at all surprising that Port is a more attractive destination right now where the Crows desperately need to return to the finals to attract players.
Good thing Dawson and Rankine didn't want either of these 3 things lol.

I'd love to know what the smoothing out of a contract actually looks like. I've seen it reported he is owed 1.9 million over the next two years.

If you look at that as $950k for first two years then Port say your deal is $750k for the remaining 4 years, do they say "Realistically we would offer you 6 years at $750k but we will honour the value of the Gold Coast deal so it's 6x$750k plus the extra $400k you are owed from Gold Coast"

Ditto for the Bowes deal, are these guys taking the contract on offer which is independent of how the new team rates them and then they are just given the rest as back pay? If they are doing dumb shit like just accepting say a 6 year deal at $750k with no consideration to money owed, they need to fire their managers.
I would imagine its the first part. No player is going to throw away that money when he would get picked up in another 2 years as a FA

Seems Nicks did Port a massive favour whispering sweet nothings in Lukos ear

All the best to Luko, he’s a cherry on top type player and I think will do well in a top 4 side

Also was always been great with the Suns fans 👍

I think it will be a win for Port, though they could still really use that number 1 big dawg. If you had Georgaides as a mobile 2nd tall, Luko as a roaming almost flanker and then Rioli at the feet of your stay at home Gorilla you'd be pretty happy. Dont know how they get said Gorilla though (it's not Esava).

So long as Luko isnt expected to be the best or 2nd player in the forward 50 I think he can be a weapon.

Luko was going to the Crows until 2 days ago

Stopped by and read bigfooty Jack Lukosius thread and was shocked how much the crows supporters didnt want him
so now he gets the love from Port.

You guys here have stuffed up your chances crows supporters

Luko was going to the Crows until 2 days ago

Stopped by and read bigfooty Jack Lukosius thread and was shocked how much the crows supporters didnt want him
so now he gets the love from Port.

You guys here have stuffed up your chances crows supporters
Possibly one Crows poster in particular.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MEGATRADE

North: 2 for Houston, 12, 26
GC: Luko, 6, 12, 20, 26 for 2, Rioli, Noble
Port: Houston for Luko, 20
Richmond: Rioli, 39 for 6
Collingwood: Noble for 39
I like the premise but way undervalues Houston and overvalues Rioli. They are the same age and same position and yet one is coming off back to back AAs. You could basically switch the 20 and 6 picks in the above equation to get closer I would say.

MEGATRADE

North: 2 for Houston, 12, 26
GC: Luko, 6, 12, 20, 26 for 2, Rioli, Noble
Port: Houston for Luko, 20
Richmond: Rioli, 39 for 6
Collingwood: Noble for 39
I think it's a pretty good effort. Would just swap 12 and 20 between North and Port. I think that values Houston about pick 7 or 8 (no points, just feel) which is about right IMO.

Like GC, North have had more than enough picks, overpaying for Houston actually makes sense

Massive for port.
Can't wait for the weekend to chat with my crow fan mates who assured me he was always coming back to Adelaide since he was drafted suddenly change their tune cleaning he's soft and not needed lol
He can compete side by side with Finlayson and they can battle it out for who gets the title of the the laziest footballer in the AFL.

This isn't the own you think it is. Port's fixture dropped in relative 'hardness' the same as Brisbane's did...because both teams played Adelaide (who finished 9th in 2023 but 15th in 2024) twice.
They are just stating the facts with data that Port Power had the easiest draw, even Dwayne has woken up and see you don't have a Premiership contending team like the media has started to finally caught on. Do you think you have a Premiership contending list????

Gives me Jack Watts 2.0 vibes

I would not be overpaying for this guy; just remember Port this is a player GC want off their books his salary is part of it but also Dimma doesn't rate him & they are pushing him out.

I would be offering a 2nd round pick take it or leave it.

Gives me Jack Watts 2.0 vibes

I would not be overpaying for this guy; just remember Port this is a player GC want off their books his salary is part of it but also Dimma doesn't rate him & they are pushing him out.

I would be offering a 2nd round pick take it or leave it.
Did you see the trade they did last year for Ratagolea and Soldo????

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back