Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Scored 25 i think due to giving 3 free kicks away. 3 bullshit free kicks i might add (if you watched the game you could see that, the one he got for in the back, worst call all year, and no i'm not just saying that because it's Watts.)
It was unavoidable but still, puting you're knee into someone's back is a free kick.

It was unavoidable but still, puting you're knee into someone's back is a free kick.

hmmm unfortunately u may be right- to the letter of the law its a free but frustrating how many shitty 'in the back' decisions there are these days... i hate how everyone flops on their chest now knowing someone will get in theur back :mad:

did you even see him play last year ????
yeah i did, and also this year he seemed to have some touch against kids coz he is taller, but AFL is a whole new ball game and he is not up to it, and he might fade out.. other recruites ive watched show real AFL potential, watts tips on his tippy toes with his hands out flapping.. and looks very slow, he should had stuck to basketball..

I would have thought Melbourne supporters would be happy with Jack's first couple of games. He's already shown more in two games than what Sylvia did in his first few seasons.

The kid will be elite. Looking forward to seeing him rip it up in the coming years.

God help Richmond if old "Knee Jerk" Matthews ends up coaching them, I reckon.

I wonder how many budding young football careers he'd wreck there with this seemingly ignorant attitude to player development that he's demonstrating at the moment.

Amazing that Jonathon Brown even survived his first season at Bris Lions under this guy... :rolleyes:

God help Richmond if old "Knee Jerk" Matthews ends up coaching them, I reckon.

I wonder how many budding young football careers he'd wreck there with this seemingly ignorant attitude to player development that he's demonstrating at the moment.

Amazing that Jonathon Brown even survived his first season at Bris Lions under this guy... :rolleyes:

Spot on. It seems like every recent #1 pick gets smashed by some elements of the media/public if they don't come in and have a BOG in their first couple of games. Bryce Gibbs copped the same criticism even though he has progressed very well, yet the #2 from that draft, Scott Gumbleton, has hardly played a game but avoided all criticism.

Matthews is fast undoing his once great reputation by now sounding like a grumpy old fart. He also recently said that there is no way Buckley could step straight into a senior coaching role so soon after retiring and with no real coaching experience. I think Leigh's exact words were along the lines of "It'd be like putting a school boy in charge of BHP." Yet backtracked at a million miles per hour when someone pointed out to him that he endorsed Michael Voss's appointment to Brisbane when he was in exactly the same position as Buckley.

yeah i did, and also this year he seemed to have some touch against kids coz he is taller, but AFL is a whole new ball game and he is not up to it, and he might fade out.. other recruites ive watched show real AFL potential, watts tips on his tippy toes with his hands out flapping.. and looks very slow, he should had stuck to basketball..

He looks slow because of the tempo of AFL games most young players can adapt pretty quickly, he will learn and understand in time :)

The only things Jack needs to work on is his strength, physical presence and attacking the footy like all 18 yr old key postion players do. His skills, goalkicking and speed are all sublime.

Remember he is also doing year 12 ala Luke Ball heck Dangerfield even stayed another year at the Falcons.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25674466-19742,00.html

We have seen enough to know he will be a player.

Of course he will. He was universally regarded as a top-three candidate before the draft, he stands 196cm and he has finished nicely two or three times in his first two games.

Two chances, two goals against Essendon on Friday night.

He has had a taste of the big time; he will have loved it. He doesn't need another week of people including luminaries such as Leigh Matthews telling the world he's out of place.

Melbourne needs to protect him. It will lose in Brisbane on Saturday night; it should eliminate the risk its most high-profile prospect will lose his self-belief in the process.

As for that nonsense about whether Melbourne should have taken Nick Naitanui ahead of him in the draft, consider this item of trivia.

The No. 1 pick at the 2000 national draft played his first game in Round 15 the following year. He had three possessions and didn't kick a goal.

The next week, he had 13 possies, still no goals.

The skinny kid with the blond hair, then 18-year-old Nick Riewoldt, has grown into his club's captain while becoming the most reliable key forward in the game.

Watts the hurry?

Spot on, Mike.

Leigh Matthews is a senile old ****er.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mike wouldnt happen to be a bias Melbourne supporter would he? ahhhh why yes he is.

Why, because he agrees that there was no point whatsoever in us choosing Naitanui, and because you wish we'd chosen him instead?

Moreover, I wonder why it is that some of you WCE fans wanted us to choose Naitanui so badly eh? Hmmm?

Maybe you ought to be satisfied with the player you have - I know we are, very satisfied indeed... ;)

Oh man, is Battle/catspremiers2007 trying it on under another alias now- what a sad, sad little bunny... :cool:

battle u special child! back for more verbal humiliation! doesnt matter what alias is chosen you will always be my bunny.

Im the Glenn McGrath to your Mike Atherton! :cool:
you have lost me slightly... alias ive got none, havent been on long enough to make any... so whats your point??:confused:

Scored 25 i think due to giving 3 free kicks away. 3 bullshit free kicks i might add (if you watched the game you could see that, the one he got for in the back, worst call all year, and no i'm not just saying that because it's Watts.)

So now if your going to accept supercoach scores, then we can determine that Watts' debut was in fact better then Nats. Will be interesting to see how the big fella goes this week.

Well no i don't accept that supercoach scores are a definitive guide to a player's game, however they definately are a very useful tool.

Naitanui scored 39 compared to 42 from Watts in each of their respective first games. Hardly conclusive evidence that Watts had a better debut. :rolleyes:

I think you'll also find that Watts' 4 clangers against Essendon might have hurt his score. ;) :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back