Jacky delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct me if im wrong but it doesnt actually say he has been delisted. Which would mean that Adelaide are willing to trade him during trade week? Or does this mean they are going to cut/delist him beforehand? I guess if WC offered pick #99 the crows would simply take it...

Correct me if im wrong but it doesnt actually say he has been delisted. Which would mean that Adelaide are willing to trade him during trade week? Or does this mean they are going to cut/delist him beforehand? I guess if WC offered pick #99 the crows would simply take it...

No player is officially delisted until list lodgement 1, which is 3 weeks after trade week. In theory any player whose delisting has already been announced can still be traded for - however, players announced this early tend to be the ones with no trade value anyway, and an early cut gives those who wish to ample time to sort themselves out and nominate for main, pre-season and rookie drafts.

He is not a crumbing forward. If you have ever seen him play which sounds like you haven't, you would know this. He is a small forward in the Porps mould where he is more of a marking forward then a stay at the front of the packs goal sneak.

I stand corrected - I did see him play a few times early on, but not recently.

At this stage we have 5 vacancies on our senior list. I think the club just wanted as much flexibility as possible going into trade week.

I wouldn't read too much into the non-elevations of Jaensch and Schmidt. I would expect those to be announced after the conclusion of trade week, along with any further delistings (Moran?).

Due to Doughty being the only veteran on our list I am 99% sure that we will be able to automatically upgrade 1 rookie to the senior list next season. With that being the case I would be surprised if we upgraded Jaensch because we basically can keep him as a rookie, but still be able to use him from the start of the year as a player on our main list.

Due to Doughty being the only veteran on our list I am 99% sure that we will be able to automatically upgrade 1 rookie to the senior list next season. With that being the case I would be surprised if we upgraded Jaensch because we basically can keep him as a rookie, but still be able to use him from the start of the year as a player on our main list.
They're called a "nominated rookie". To all intents and purposes they are a senior listed player, but they still occupy a position on the rookie list. It's sort of like they're a rookie listed player who has been elevated without the need for a senior listed player going onto the LTI list.

I agree that there's a distinct possibility that Jaensch may remain on the rookie list, as our "nominated rookie" in 2011. It all depends on how many players we lose and gain during trade week and how many selections we want to have in the ND.

They're called a "nominated rookie". To all intents and purposes they are a senior listed player, but they still occupy a position on the rookie list. It's sort of like they're a rookie listed player who has been elevated without the need for a senior listed player going onto the LTI list.

I agree that there's a distinct possibility that Jaensch may remain on the rookie list, as our "nominated rookie" in 2011. It all depends on how many players we lose and gain during trade week and how many selections we want to have in the ND.
And do we pay him the rookie wages (which is sweet **** all) or does he get normal wages if he is the nominated rookie?!

Whats in it for Jeansh to stay on the rookie list?! If we don't promote him I am pretty sure there would be an AFL team that would offer him a spot on the senior list if he went into the ND or the PSD.

We all seem to be looking at the best case scenario from club's perspective but the player has a say in this as well. Jeansh has shown that he is very capable of playing AFL football so why would he agree to remain on the rookie list and get paid as a rookie when he is good enough to be a regular 22 next year?

And do we pay him the rookie wages (which is sweet **** all) or does he get normal wages if he is the nominated rookie?!

Whats in it for Jeansh to stay on the rookie list?! If we don't promote him I am pretty sure there would be an AFL team that would offer him a spot on the senior list if he went into the ND or the PSD.

We all seem to be looking at the best case scenario from club's perspective but the player has a say in this as well. Jeansh has shown that he is very capable of playing AFL football so why would he agree to remain on the rookie list and get paid as a rookie when he is good enough to be a regular 22 next year?
The following is taken from the Collective Bargaining Agreement:
4.6 In the event that a Rookie is promoted or drafted to the Primary List of an AFL Club, the following provisions shall apply:
(b) if the Rookie has been temporarily promoted under paragraph 4.2 in one year or nominated under Player Rule 21.11 for one year, he shall be paid the base payment and Senior Match payments for a third round draft choice, second year player, under paragraph 3.1 in the relevant year or pro-rata for periods less than the full AFL Season, provided that he cannot be paid less than he would have earned as a Rookie.
If he gets a better offer then he should take it, but as a "nominated rookie" he's not on rookie list wages any more.

The following is taken from the Collective Bargaining Agreement:

If he gets a better offer then he should take it, but as a "nominated rookie" he's not on rookie list wages any more.
Thanks Vader!

In that case there really is no difference between being the nominated rookie and a senior listed player.

The only real difference is that a senior listed player occupies a position on the senior list, the "nominated rookie" occupies a position on the rookie list.

We would still have to upgrade him to the senior list at the end of 2011.

Looking forward to list management at the end of 2011, I'm not sure that this is advisable. We've had a LOT of players leaving this year through retirement (plus one defection). We've only delisted one player - and that's unlikely to increase further.

Doughty is probably the only likely retiree in 2011 and his departure won't free up a senior list position because he's now on our veteran list and we won't have any eligible replacements. This means that any further list changes will be the result of trading and/or delisting.

Obviously it's very difficult to forecast which players would be likely to be delisted 12 months ahead of time, though we can easily identify some for whom 2011 will be a decision making season (Stevens, Sellar, Moran, Petrenko, Cook and Armstrong all spring to mind). It's even harder to predict who might be traded in or out 12 months ahead.

At the end of the day though, I would suggest that our list turnover next year will be considerably less than that experienced in 2010, thus we probably won't be looking to upgrade too many rookies.

The reason I think we've departed from our normal policy and announced Jacky's delisting is that I think he will be the only delisting that will be done other than what we already know, and his trade value is a half eaten pasty.

About a week ago Harper said there will 0-2 delistings depending on trades. So maximum one more delisting.

About a week ago Harper said there will 0-2 delistings depending on trades. So maximum one more delisting.

IMO who we delist may come down to list balance and this will be largely influenced by who we land in the trade...

If we land Jacobs than Sellar could be at risk if he is not traded

If we land an outside mid or two then I can see Cook struggling to hold his spot on the list

Finally, if we were able to recruit a L Thomas or Campbell than Petrenko may come under some notice

IMO who we delist may come down to list balance and this will be largely influenced by who we land in the trade...

If we land Jacobs than Sellar could be at risk if he is not traded

If we land an outside mid or two then I can see Cook struggling to hold his spot on the list

Finally, if we were able to recruit a L Thomas or Campbell than Petrenko may come under some notice
I seriously doubt Sellar would be delisted unless he has a Fevola-like off-field incident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petrenko is not going to get delisted. He is playing out of position and has alot of upside down back and occassional midfield gigs. He is a tryer and agressive. Love him.

Armstrong delisted? No he is very handy as a running back/wing type player.

Why are people keen to delist these players when we have lost mcleod and Jacky??

If any player is going to get delisted it would be Cook

Petrenko is not going to get delisted. He is playing out of position and has alot of upside down back and occassional midfield gigs. He is a tryer and agressive. Love him.

Armstrong delisted? No he is very handy as a running back/wing type player.

Why are people keen to delist these players when we have lost mcleod and Jacky??

If any player is going to get delisted it would be Cook

Agreed with all of this, Petrenks could become a very good back pocket/ half bank flanker and shouldn't be used as a small forward. Hes also got more passion, guts, determination and spirit than most in our team.

Agreed with all of this, Petrenks could become a very good back pocket/ half bank flanker and shouldn't be used as a small forward. Hes also got more passion, guts, determination and spirit than most in our team.
I don't think Craig sees him as a defender.

In the AFC world, Petrenko's defensive qualities mean that he's a perfect small forward. Can't kick a goal but that doesn't matter. We like defenders who attack and forwards who defend.

I don't think Craig sees him as a defender.

In the AFC world, Petrenko's defensive qualities mean that he's a perfect small forward. Can't kick a goal but that doesn't matter. We like defenders who attack and forwards who defend.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we did start playing him in defence next season though, with McLeod no longer available to play that role.

I'll bet he gets a go in defence during the preseason cup, and if he shines then, he'll play there in 2011.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we did start playing him in defence next season though, with McLeod no longer available to play that role.

I'll bet he gets a go in defence during the preseason cup, and if he shines then, he'll play there in 2011.
Would love to see that.

Agree Stabby. If petrenko shines in the back pocket..he is likely to play a defensive role like mcleod without i guess the same offensive flair forays (who knows though).

Would love to see alot more of Petrenko thats for sure. Love his work and hope he can improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacky delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back