Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick] - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Only after everyone heard he would not even take Essendons calls.

Make no mistake Essendon fans would have jizzed over their keyboards at the thought of getting JOM.

Make no mistake, you have no idea. The vast majority on our board weren't willing to give up the coin and the draft picks for such a massive risk. If we got him on the cheap through the PSD yeah, but that was never a realistic scenario.

Would of been pretty stoked to get him through the psd won't lie but would of been pissed if we gave up more than pick 19 that turned into whatever it did

Make no mistake, you have no idea. The vast majority on our board weren't willing to give up the coin and the draft picks for such a massive risk. If we got him on the cheap through the PSD yeah, but that was never a realistic scenario.

Oh?....Then perhaps you'd like to trawl through the 500 or so pages, of part 1 of this thread....Full of Bombers posters declaring otherwise.

Not to mention a certain other thread on your own board, that mysteriously vanished, not long after he became a Hawk....LOL.

And we wont go into the LOL-Worthy exploits & headlines of Robbo, Landsberger, at the behesr of Dodoro in the Hun, at the time.

His feet haven't ran on real ground yet. I think they purchased a genuine lemon.

Like the current one in your avatar, you mean?

When you say vast majority on your board I assume you mean about 20 people?

Make no mistake you have no idea, the vast majority of Essendon member and supporters would have jizzed over JOM.

All we got was how the GCS idiot chairman was going to walk him into the PSD and suddenly you would have the best player in the Comp.

The nano second he did not even take Essendons phone calls, a certain thread vanished and it all changed of course.

Last edited:
Oh?....Then perhaps you'd like to trawl through the 500 or so pages, of part 1 of this thread....Full of Bombers posters declaring otherwise.

Not to mention a certain other thread on your own board, that mysteriously vanished, not long after he became a Hawk....LOL.

And we wont go into the LOL-Worthy exploits & headlines of Robbo, Landsberger, at the behesr of Dodoro in the Hun, at the time.
Quoted for accuracy.

It is anti gravity so just lifts you up so you have reduced load on the muscles. So think of weighted chin up machine and apply that concept to a treadmill (rough comparison I know). He used them at the Suns aswell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can he use it in a real game of AFL?

What a stupid comment. Can you use weights in a game? I am assuming you are taking the piss but whole idea is to ease back into running so he doesn't come back and overload his knee straight away.

People go on about the fact he is always injured and then question the fact that he is doing rehab for long term gain rather than training and injuring it straight away lol can't win

And if your question was serious and you genuinely were asking no he can not use it in a game. It is a treadmill with a suit attached to it!!

Is it right that the Hawks gave up 5 picks for O'Meara?

1st round, 2nd round, 2nd round, 3rd round and a 4th round?

If so, how can any one player be worth 5 reasonable kids?

A few shaky assumptions underpinning your final premise here.

Firstly, that every pick from round 2 onward will be a good or fair player....Only 50% of kids make it from those ranges upwards, for a start.....Even fewer get to 100 games.

Clearly our club doesn't put as much stock or emphasis in those pick-values as you - the arm-chair expert - does....It will take 2-3 years for most of them to be AFL ready & have any significant impact.....Whereas, the 4 boys we picked up, are already established & mature-bodied AFL regulars.

We made a commitment to getting all of O'Meara, Mitchell & Vickery, as our number 1 trade strategy for 2017....If that meant utilizing all our draft picks for 2017 in order to facilitate that strategic priority, then so be it....Mission Accomplished....Without having traded any of our kids out, in order to do so.

And - might I add - Much to the chagrin to the rest of the comp & the Hun especially.;)

Oh....And we added 2 speculative kids via the draft, who have as much chance of making it, as most of the other boys taken beyond pick 20.:thumbsu:

What a stupid comment. Can you use weights in a game? I am assuming you are taking the piss but whole idea is to ease back into running so he doesn't come back and overload his knee straight away.

People go on about the fact he is always injured and then question the fact that he is doing rehab for long term gain rather than training and injuring it straight away lol can't win

Don't, so many Non-Hawthorn fans are way too invested in JOM failing so the Hawks suffer that they are almost at the point of wishing for JOM to never play again. It is sad but it is best to ignore them.

Isn't it helping him to run artificially or 'make believe style' so he can do at the Hawks what he hasn't been able to do for the last 3 years at GC?
I think you know full well why he is using the machine because all AFL clubs have them for recovering players.

What the Swans really need though is a machine that can replicate the pressure of a Grand Final because the usual suspects shit their pants.

Don't, so many Non-Hawthorn fans are way too invested in JOM failing so the Hawks suffer that they are almost at the point of wishing for JOM to never play again. It is sad but it is best to ignore them.
Quoted for accuracy and no one has their fingers and toes crossed that the kid does not recover to his brilliant best than the Hawk envy arse sore Tedeski COLA dude.

Its sad really because every footy fan should hope this kid makes a full recovery because he is brilliant, and I would be saying the same thing no matter what club he played for.

Is it right that the Hawks gave up 5 picks for Omera?

1st round, 2nd round, 2nd round, 3rd round and a 4th round?

If so, how can any one player be worth 5 reasonable kids?
Can those 5 kids fusion into 3 better kids? Like dbz..

List spots are tight homie.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick] - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back