Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

But aren't the GC saying they will force him into the PSD surely the AFL couldn't/wouldn't punish a player who was out of contract and didn't want to be drafted?

I'm not the expert, but I think in order to nominate for the draft you have to sign something that says you consent to play for whoever who drafts you. As a matter of policy, you can't have players refusing to play for clubs that draft them in good faith with no penalty.

Other then useing there top 10 pick in the ND, the buying club will also need to be able to meet Jaeger contact demands.

Reported to be offered 600k before SMitchell was even consider.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

He probably said that because you now have a pick we want, you didn't before.
If we traded saints our 2017 first and 2 seconds for ten, we would have given all of those to GC in a Jaeger deal. GC won't be playing finals next year I don't know why they wouldn't want to stack up on next years apparent "super draft" just like St Kilda. They have the picks already this year to trade for Hanley and and any other quality player willing to play for them.

It's not Hawthorns fault no players want to play for GC, and it's now not hawthorns responsibility to find quality players out of the woodwork to appease a club who can't keep any of their players. Or send him to the draft and get bugger all, like your mob deserves.

If we traded saints our 2017 first and 2 seconds for ten, we would have given all of those to GC in a Jaeger deal. GC won't be playing finals next year I don't know why they wouldn't want to stack up on next years apparent "super draft" just like St Kilda. They have the picks already this year to trade for Hanley and and any other quality player willing to play for them.

It's not Hawthorns fault no players want to play for GC, and it's now not hawthorns responsibility to find quality players out of the woodwork to appease a club who can't keep any of their players. Or send him to the draft and get bugger all, like your mob deserves.
Hey man **** us for wanting to get the best deal we can right?

It's not Hawthorn's fault, but it's Hawthorn's problem not anyone else. Don't expect anyone else to shed a tear for your troubles.

Hey man **** us for wanting to get the best deal we can right?
Nah not that, **** you guys for coming out and saying give us the world for an injury prone youngster or he's going in the PSD! no other clubs carry on with that type of arrogance, especially when Hawks always trade in good faith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah not that, **** you guys for coming out and saying give us the world for an injury prone youngster or he's going in the PSD! no other clubs carry on with that type of arrogance, especially when Hawks always trade in good faith.
because we are drawing a line in the sand, we don't want a situation were players leave us every season and we are forced to take shit deals. Last season we lost Dixon and Bennel, this season it looks like O'Meara and Prestia. We tell clubs to pay up when they come they are less likely to come. I agree we probably are asking too much but its for a good reason not just cos we are "greedy" or whatever other people want to say we are.

* was hawthorns problem. Pick 10 and maybe a third round if they're lucky.

Hey mate, what happens if GC decide to trade pick 8 this year to the saints for the 2017 first rounder we just got today?

It goes back to being hawthorns problem.

The saints would take jaeger with 8, just like we would have taken him at 10.

Sicily for Witts
Witts+Pick 10 for O'meara?

Hawthorn
Out:
Sicily, pick 10
In:
O'meara

Collingwood
Out:
Jarrod Witts
In:
Sicily

Gold Coast:
Out:
O'meara
In:
Pick 10, Witts?

Because Omeara can say to GC if you can't get me traded I'm going the ND and Hawks will be the highest placed Melbourne side to take him. (Asides from Don's with pick 1)
Wow, that's a really solid plan that couldn't go wrong. Don't know why you're even bothering to talk to GC anymore.

What if Port Adelaide decide to select him?

Hey mate, what happens if GC decide to trade pick 8 this year to the saints for the 2017 first rounder we just got today?

Then Hawks get a good player who would of been top 9 otherwise at Pick 10.

We also keep the opportunity to trade future picks next year and have a war chest of cap room.

Gc lose pick 8 + O'Meara for Hawks 2017 1st (on traded from St.kilda.)

Seems pretty illogical.

We also keep the opportunity to trade future picks next year and have a war chest of cap room.

Gc lose pick 8.

So it's basically, you're saying the Hawks will say take pick 10 for him or we walk away from the trade, or maybe make the guy go into the ND? That will encourage players to come to you in future. Hawks have done some weird, un-Hawthorn stuff this trade week.

Gc lose pick 8.

Hahaha. That will never happen.

You've already spent an ABSOLUTE TRUCKLOAD getting to this point.
No way are you not getting jaeger now.

So it's basically, you're saying the Hawks will say take pick 10 for him or we walk away from the trade, or maybe make the guy go into the ND? That will encourage players to come to you in future. Hawks have done some weird, un-Hawthorn stuff this trade week.
We sure have but what your suggesting is littered with holes in logic.

So GC lose 8 and OMeara for next years pick 20 and Hawks move up to 9.

That's much better than taking 10.

Hahaha. That will never happen.

You've already spent an ABSOLUTE TRUCKLOAD getting to this point.
No way are you not getting jaeger now.
Not very bright?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back