Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

We sure have but what your suggesting is littered with holes in logic.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Pretty bizarre to move on your reigning best and fairest/former skipper, and try to move on your VC then change your mind, all to accommodate getting O'Meara and then turn around and say, "fine we'll just draft a kid with our first rounder instead" because it's getting hard.

Because pick 10 will land Hawks a good player in the ND, possibly even O'Meara.

If the saints had pick 8 before that pick 10 of yours, we'd blurt out the name J Omeara so fast, we'd probably have to repeat it several times just so the microphone could pick it up.

And before you ask- yes we have an absolute mountain of salary cap available.
And we really want a gun midfielder.

If only we could convince the current owner of pick 8, the Gold Coast Suns... to trade it to us for the 2017 1st rounder we just got....
Hmmm

Pretty bizarre to move on your reigning best and fairest/former skipper, and try to move on your VC then change your mind, all to accommodate getting O'Meara and then turn around and say, "fine we'll just draft a kid with our first rounder instead" because it's getting hard.
We can't control what Gc or St.kilda decide to do.

We can only do our best to accommodate a trade and if that falls though attempt an alternative avenue.

At least I'm not the one who suggested

GC Out: Pick 8, O'Meara.
GC IN: Hawks 2017 1st (on traded from saints).

What happens to plan "Jaeger to the National Draft" if the Tigers manage to **** up the Prestia deal (as seems increasingly likely) and end up retaining pick 6?
I think you guys fail to realise that teams can't just go and pick him in the draft. They would need to speak the said player who has everything planned to come to Hawthorn. Richmond will get the deal done

If the saints had pick 8 before that pick 10 of yours, we'd blurt out the name J Omeara so fast, we'd probably have to repeat it several times just so the microphone could pick it up.

And before you ask- yes we have an absolute mountain of salary cap available.
And we really want a gun midfielder.

If only we could convince the current owner of pick 8, the Gold Coast Suns... to trade it to us....
Hmmm
The more you say it the dumber it sounds.

Gc out: pick 8, O'Meara.
in: Hawks 2017 1st (on traded by St.kilda).

Yeah that hurts one club and it ain't the Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is what it is.
GW is done talking with Gc we either land him with pick 10 in the draft or were are not getting him.

Well go hard next year at free agency and keep the opportunity to trade future picks.

It's a win/win for Hawks.

What happens to plan "Jaeger to the National Draft" if the Tigers manage to **** up the Prestia deal (as seems increasingly likely) and end up retaining pick 6?

If they are not prepared to spend pick 6 on Prestia (a player that actually wants to go there), they wont spend pick 6 on JOM.

Hawks will get a nice player in the ND with pick 10 however it wont be O'Meara.

But who knows perhaps they will bundle up pick 10 + a decent player then they will get O'Meara.
Choppers told me that Handley will be given to them from a deal the Hawks have to complete and a top 10 pick. They have the pick now so it's just satifiying the lions with something to release Handley .

Not true.

If he nominates for the ND anyone can pick him via the normal order of picks.
Your right he can if they can meet his contact demands, which only get revealed to clubs who have enough cap room prior to getting the number disclosed.

They'll take Prestia at 6 would be my guess.

Teams don't even get to see a players terms unless he decides to show you.

When faced with a choice of:
1. playing for nobody getting paid zero

Or

2. Playing for not hawthorn getting paid 700k

I think i know which jaeger will choose

No, he'll be not playing for a club getting paid whatever he sets in his contract before the draft

Then, in two years he'll want to leave again and you're in the same situation as GC

Luke ball got to Collingwood because noone who had a pick before them wanted him more than who they could get with their draft pick.

That won't be the case if the saints had 8.

We'd rather jaeger than anyone else available at pick 8.

3 teams tried to meet Ball with the intent of drafting him before 30, none did after he wouldn't talk to them or do a medical.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back