Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you missed what I said?

I'd hardly call pick 10 for someone who hasn't played in two years and is no guarantee to get back to his best as 'peanuts'. Pick 10 is a lot better than letting him go to the PSD for nothing...
or ND. I would have my hand in my moth if he went to PSD hoping no-one else picks him

or ND. I would have my hand in my moth if he went to PSD hoping no-one else picks him

No matter the price on his head, Essendon will take him in the PSD.

So if he went that route, he would be tacitly choosing a move to the Bombers.

If he goes into the ND then who's going to pick him up before pick 10?
  1. Essendon
  2. GWS
  3. Brisbane
  4. Gold Coast
  5. Carlton
  6. Richmond
  7. Fremantle
  8. Gold Coast
  9. Port Adelaide
  10. Hawthorn
Any interstate teams won't try for him.
That leaves
#1 Essendon
#5 Carlton
#6 Richmond
#10 Hawthorn

Gonna assume Richmond trades pick 6 to get Prestia
Essendon wouldn't run the risk with pick 1

This leaves Hawthorn and carlton
Carlton #5
Hawthorn #10

Doubt Carlton take the punt on someone who doesn't want to be there with Pick #5

So

If the Hawks trade falls over there's a possibility he could change his mind between now and late November and agree to go somewhere else.

because he'd leave the year later and not even gauranteed to get on the field because of injuries. Or they could have a star(most likely an injury free one) that could play for them for the next 10-15 years

You don't know that.

Noooo in my view Pick 15 was the core of the deal - the rest is steak knives & Jed Anderson is no JOM.

Hang on I know ....points, the points!!!!!

North Melbourne gave up those two picks, along with Ryan Bastinac and a 2016's pick 51 for picks 17 and 26.

So assuming 15 and 17 basically cancel out, NM gave up Ryan Bastinac and got pick 26 and Jed Anderson, using your logic. Not a bad effort.

But the points! No, the points are a somewhat handy shorthand. The extra picks are the real value, and ignoring them is just being blindly ignoring how trades work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not doubting Essendon wouldn't take him in the PSD. Who wouldn't.

Yeah be foolish not to if you can afford the salary.

Just clarifying for those holding out belief that he could get to the Hawks via PSD.

Noooo in my view Pick 15 was the core of the deal - the rest is steak knives & Jed Anderson is no JOM.

Hang on I know ....points, the points!!!!!

So you just want to ignore the parts of the trade that make your arguement dumb?

I didn't say anything about points.
I said north got a 2nd round pick and a 3rd pick upgrade as well as anderson.

Steak knives would be if it was just the pick upgrade.
A 2nd round pick is not a steak knife.
That's a steak

You got something better to use?

Yes - common sense.

15 & 54 - Anderson, 38 & 40

I know steak knives when I see them and whilst we may argue about the quality of the steak knives, they still be steak knives.

Pretty sure he would. He wants to be in Melbourne.

Can someone back me up on this?

I don't dispute that.

But far too many posters make the assumption that it is the ONLY option.

How do you know he doesn't land in Fremantle and decide he friggin loves it there?

People get far too caught up in their own teams attractiveness due to our natural bias towards them.

Yes - common sense.

15 & 54 - Anderson, 38 & 40

I know steak knives when I see them and whilst we may argue about the quality of the steak knives, they still be steak knives.
Yeah. they'd be the $200 ones you get at super fancy restaurants if they were steaknives.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back