Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

If

Publicly yes to up the pressure on GC, privately, given the increasingly unlikely nature of him going to Hawthorn, he'll be in talks with Bombers re a contact.

Dodoro said there has been no contact. Essendon would only look if the Hawks thing falls through. No doubt they are working on trades they can get done rather than pie in the sky stuff.

Keener than he is to stay at GC

Well then why are they even bothering with the trade aspect?

With the talent JOM has - I'd have no hesitation if Freo took him, played him and then traded him to Hawthorn for a couple of first rounders.

We'd be far easier to deal with - we would take 2 first rounders for him.

Dammit this was going to be my 2nd answer.

So when you said Lewis was a required player but hastily changed your mind for no real advantage in picks .....this was all just part of the plan to get a bigger offer up to Fyfe (who as a RFA we can match).
We did not want Lewis to leave but he was offered a lucrative 3 year deal by Melbourne. So according to Clarko we did not want to hold him back after the service he has provided to us helping us to win 4 flags in 8 years. Clearly the Hawks are looking to the future

Dodoro said there has been no contact. Essendon would only look if the Hawks thing falls through. No doubt they are working on trades they can get done rather than pie in the sky stuff.

Essendon have made an offer to Gold Coast.

GC won't redraft him, but the others all distinct possibilities.

And I think you overestimate the attraction of the Hawks.

It is his preference, yes, but he did strongly consider Essendon.
If he goes into the ND then who's going to pick him up before pick 10?
  1. Essendon
  2. GWS
  3. Brisbane
  4. Gold Coast
  5. Carlton
  6. Richmond
  7. Fremantle
  8. Gold Coast
  9. Port Adelaide
  10. Hawthorn
Any interstate teams won't try for him.
That leaves
#1 Essendon
#5 Carlton
#6 Richmond
#10 Hawthorn

Gonna assume Richmond trades pick 6 to get Prestia
Essendon wouldn't run the risk with pick 1

This leaves Hawthorn and carlton
Carlton #5
Hawthorn #10

Doubt Carlton take the punt on someone who doesn't want to be there with Pick #5

So

Sorry didn't realise Anderson was an academy player.

Ahhh points are the new Godwin's Law.

So in your view Jed Anderson got traded for pick 15.

And then Hawthorn traded picks 38 and 40 for pick 55 in one of the worst trades of all time - two higher picks traded for a lower pick.

Except there is no evidence of that. Just Robbo trolling. And the Essendon offer contained no experienced players and did not contain 2 x 1st round picks.

And Dodoro said they are not involved at the moment.

The offer is legitimate - you'll have to take my word for that.

And Dodoro didn't say that at all.

Yes, because you're being incredibly obtuse.

You are effectively implying as a fact that O'Meara will ONLY play for Hawthorn, when that is just not true.

He whittled down 4 or 5 clubs of interest to two strong candidates, and eventually declared one of those two his preferred destination.

If a deal cannot be done (and FWIW I believe it WILL be done), then he will absolutely be forced to reassess his options, and potentially take the safest route to a club he was happy with in Essendon.
I love that word "Obtuse" - being deliberately stupid.

At this stage he has nominated the Hawks as his preferred club.
I have heard speculation that he would be happy with the Bombers but I haven't seen any quotes from him or his manager stating this... I could be wrong in this and will stand corrected if they have.

I also believe the deal will be done. Just speculating what could be done if not.

Hawks fans - nominate for ND and good chance we pick him up. I don't think Freo of Port would for the reasons I previously mentioned.
Bomber Fans - nominate for PSD and get to second choice club.

1. Essendon
  2. GWS
  3. Brisbane
  4. Gold Coast
  5. Carlton
  6. Richmond
  7. Fremantle
  8. Gold Coast
  9. Port Adelaide
  10. Hawthorn
That leaves
#1 Essendon
#5 Carlton
#6 Richmond
#10 Hawthorn

Carlton #5
Hawthorn #10

Doubt Carlton take the punt on someone who doesn't want to be there with Pick #5

So

GWS at 5, Fremantle at 7 or Port at 9 are all distinct possibilities.

So your list manager is definitely a liar. Interesting.

Prove your claim.

Where did Dodoro say no offer had been made?

Prove it, or withdraw it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry didn't realise Anderson was an academy player.

Ahhh points are the new Godwin's Law.

I agree with you entirely that the academy points system is definitely the AFL specific equivalent of resorting to referencing nazis to win an argument.

However you're way off suggesting north paid 15 for anderson.

North got anderson, plus a 2nd rounder and a substantial 3rd rounder pick upgrade for 15.

Damian Barrett has also said multiple times that JOM would be content to play for Essendon if a Hawthorn deal can't get done, but that Hawthorn is obviously his first preference.

Hopefully the mediation works and Hawthorn get a deal done. Would be mighty embarrassing selling the farm for him and then still not having the currency to land him.

Has JOM met with Essendon at any stage?

I love that word "Obtuse" - being deliberately stupid.

At this stage he has nominated the Hawks as his preferred club.
I have heard speculation that he would be happy with the Bombers but I haven't seen any quotes from him or his manager stating this... I could be wrong in this and will stand corrected if they have.

I also believe the deal will be done. Just speculating what could be done if not.

Hawks fans - nominate for ND and good chance we pick him up. I don't think Freo of Port would for the reasons I previously mentioned.
Bomber Fans - nominate for PSD and get to second choice club.

No you are correct, he has publicly only requested a trade to Hawthorn.

Too may people attempt to use that as 'proof' that he ONLY wants to go there.

The reality is he gave consideration to several clubs and picked his first preference.

Plenty of assets have been offered which would pass mediation.

The issue is Cochrane, talking big, and needing to end the deal looking like big man on campus.

Club would best be served getting rid of him then.

Putting your ego & personal emotions ahead of sound business practice.

Goes some way to explaining why that club is in such a mess.

The Anderson for 15 is only half the trade.

That's like watching Titanic till the halfway mark, then switching it off and buying a boat because they are safe and awesome.

The pick 15 is the core of the deal and one thinks you know it or otherwise just trade in and keep adding picks 40, 45 , 56 to the deal until Gold COast go ....'Wow Look at all those points!!!! - how can we refuse'.

JOM is good Hawthorn fans, very good and unfortunately you're not the only ones who know it.

Sure he is a risk, that is why a late 1st rounder is even considered as the core part of the deal and GC are not asking for a top 5 as the mainstay.

You can pretend he is such an injury risk and that it is already overs, however the truth will set you free - you need to satisfy GC or take your chances (and convince JOM to take his chances). One thing I know is he goes into the draft a number of clubs outside the conversation will suddenly become very interested.

Why? If you had one of the best young players in the game who was offered millions of dollars from another club, would you want to lose them for peanuts? No you'd ask for a trade that benefited you.

Have you missed what I said?

I'd hardly call pick 10 for someone who hasn't played in two years and is no guarantee to get back to his best as 'peanuts'. Pick 10 is a lot better than letting him go to the PSD for nothing...

So in your view Jed Anderson got traded for pick 15.

And then Hawthorn traded picks 38 and 40 for pick 55 in one of the worst trades of all time - two higher picks traded for a lower pick.

Noooo in my view Pick 15 was the core of the deal - the rest is steak knives & Jed Anderson is no JOM.

Hang on I know ....points, the points!!!!!

1. Essendon
  2. GWS
  3. Brisbane
  4. Gold Coast
  5. Carlton
  6. Richmond
  7. Fremantle
  8. Gold Coast
  9. Port Adelaide
  10. Hawthorn
That leaves
#1 Essendon
#5 Carlton
#6 Richmond
#10 Hawthorn

Carlton #5
Hawthorn #10

So

Er.
You know that draft order can and will change.

Especially when its GC that have a heap of picks before 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back