Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

i've baged Gold Coast quite a bit recently but after listening to Ashcroft speak he seems to be the only one with his head screwed on right so maybe things will work out after all..
Yep, Ashcroft isn't the problem, though, unfortunately...

The mediation process had no powers of arbitration though.

They only recommend.

The information I have is that a mediation panel of AFLPA reps and others would have recommended acceptance of numerous deals already put forward by Hawthorn (and found amenable to Ashcroft)
Is that a fact, doubt it

Wait a minute

If O'Meara walks into the ND, do GC get a compo pick?

The mediation process had no powers of arbitration though.

They only recommend.

The information I have is that a mediation panel of AFLPA reps and others would have recommended acceptance of numerous deals already put forward by Hawthorn (and found amenable to Ashcroft)

Perhaps but that doesn't mean anything more than what you or I think is fair at the end of the day. It's what Hawks offer and what GC accept (or don't).

Nobody cares since OMeara said as recently as yesterday that he would not even entertain an offer from Essendon.
Why are Hawthorn even bothering trying to trade for him then? Just get him in the PSD or ND because no one else will touch him.

Guess he just met with us multiple times and did a medical for shits and gigs.

Gonna be hilarious when he's officially a Hawk and he goes from the greatest player the games ever seen to an overrated cripple.

You have 1.5mio after getting Vickery and T Mitchell? Lol. How much were S Mitchell and Lewis on? A mill each?
We had O'Meara money before they left so I'm guessing they were on 800k to 1 mill between them for next year so that would put it in 1.5 ballpark plus the possibility of Roughead money which sadly may free up as I do not think he will play again

Did the Hawks offer that?

"The sting is the Essendon offer is similar to the deal Hawthorn last week made for St Kilda’s pick 10, which the Herald Sun learnt would have strongly tempted the Suns if the Hawks had made the same deal to them."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...a/news-story/f60a8b6562369c52b742918c308bfb9b

First of all, Robinson's claims of Essendon to swoop on the deal have already been put to bed so not sure how much credibility that article has.

Also, if Hawthorn 's 3 picks were enough to get the deal done, they wouldn't have traded those picks to get pick 10 to use as part of the O'Meara deal.

Also, GC have always said they want experienced mids - which is why all those picks may not have been enough, why the pick used on Mitchell is unlikely to have made a difference and why Hawthorn is out of sorts with some of their experienced mids (after they tried to get them to go to GC).

Not sure what else Hawthorn can do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are Hawthorn even bothering trying to trade for him then? Just get him in the PSD or ND because no one else will touch him.

We are most likely taking him in the ND, that's why we traded back in to this year.

GC of course can take 10 and save some time but it matters not to us.

Hawthorn is trying to honour its in principle commitment to him to take him and also give GC fair compensation. If GC wont deal then I suppose he goes to the ND and we use pick 10 but GC gets nothing. Would you be happy for Essendon to use pick 1 in the ND to get him?

No way! If JOM is fit, he's as good as Bont, Cripps, Heeney etc on exposed form.

since you guys are chasing him and offering him big bucks on a long contract, you think he's fit. Therefore he is worth the asking price.
If he's fit, that is where the risk comes in. And does that risk affect the value of a player? I would think so

Adam Treloar is a good comparison. At their best JOM and Treloar probably have similar value. Treloar went for a first round current year pick and a future first round pick. Now Treloar was fit and firing when traded. JOM has not played for 2 years. Therefore JOM trade value must be less than Treloar? So would a first round this year and 2nd round next year be fair? I would think so

Although pick 14 for Tom Mitchell. Would you argue he is as good a player as JOM. So maybe that should be the trade value?

Diference is if you valued your club and Hawthorn you would have yours being 4 to 6 times the value despite GCS never finishi g above us ever - by the time the AFL packs in the experiment.
Ah now we get to the "you'll be closed down by the AFL" insults, I wonder is not getting what you want with O'Meara pissing you off this much? Cos god the Hawks fans are even more insufferable then usual when they can't get their favourite toy.

No why would they ?

Because a player they offered a worthy contract to flat out refused to sign with them?

Surely that is the prime situation where a compo pick should be assigned.

dons just praying this doesnt go through lol
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

At least the Sydney fan has some sense. All the Victorian teams complaining no one will give them what they want and wipe their arse after it. Clubs are willing to pay these players multi year multi million dollar contracts but they can't be stuffed stumping up a fair trade value? Our line with all our young top players has been 2 1sts or 1 1st and a best 22 player. Bennell and O'Meara where asked for that, Dixon was different because we wanted him gone. I don't see how people complain the Suns are being unreasonable, you want to trade for players that are 22,23,24,25 just coming into their prime and get pissed when you don't want to cough up what those kind of players are worth. If you say injuries may be a problem I agree but why would clubs offer such huge contracts if they didn't have faith the players could perform.
You post every second reply on this thread, what is the minimum you would take for O'meara? He is going so it IS a two way street to get a deal done, what's your suggestion you think Hawks may go for instead of looking down at every bloody trade offer suggested?

Except Gold Coast get nothing but the admiration of the footballing community for holding so steadfast in their beliefs.
Which is fantastic and good on them if they do they have stuck to there word.
But unfortunately does not help bring in another top 10 player onto there list
And being difficult to trade with will come back to bite you in the future when they need something

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back