Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Ashcroft quoted on afl.com.au as saying both they and Hawthorn have spoken to "several players" about coming up there. So it doesn't sound like Hawthorn are trying to screw GC over. (....yet.....)
Exactly, if the GCS get to greedy then the Hawks just go bang.

The Hawks have just taken the bargaining power off them.

Pick 10 for a payer that hasnt played a decent game of football for two years seems to be overs need to throw a player in the mix.

Why, because they want players or just overs?

Was just looking for a sense of it, I think the Suns will be adamant on that sort of worth, although it may come through senior players.
there is no sense in it. how have things deteriorated so far, to the point hawks look like there setting there self up for a ND attempt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always been curious what happens if say he went to the PSD and Essendon takes him pick 1, does he have to go? What if he tells every other club who says we are taking you, I'm not going to play for you, what happens in that scenario?

I've always been curious what happens if say he went to the PSD and Essendon takes him pick 1, does he have to go? What if he tells every other club who says we are taking you, I'm not going to play for you, what happens in that scenario?

He either plays for Essendon or sits out two years* with no pay.

*might be one year now

This is Hawthorn's hard stance now, especially if Carlton give Pick 5 and Richmond Pick 6. Pick 10 take it or leave it.

Yep that's it.

Gold Coast will try and extract a little more out of it, 10 and Hartung for instance...

Which may work...maybe the hawks don't want to test their theory of getting jaeger in the draft unless they absolutely have to?

But yeah it will now almost certainly be pick 10 or pick 10 and steakknives for jaeger.

10 and future 1st.

Do Hawks fans think this is well overs?, because its what GC will want minimum.
We gave up
That future 1st to land pick 10, Hawks have taken GC bargaining now they must have been too Greedy in what they are after, getting Hartung is now out of the question for the greedy little squibs, I want to see us take him in the ND would be so sweet.

Not a surprise to see Ashcroft come out of the woodwork and drop the tough guy act; " oh yeah talks have progressed Jaeger talks are going along nicely."

I think it's an AFL sanction but others may know for certain. You can't go in the draft and refuse to play.
But aren't the GC saying they will force him into the PSD surely the AFL couldn't/wouldn't punish a player who was out of contract and didn't want to be drafted?

10 and future 1st.

Do Hawks fans think this is well overs?, because its what GC will want minimum.

We just traded our future 1st to you.

If GC were seeing sense they would have taken what we traded for 10 but now we've secured him regardless so they can take 10 or nothing either way he's a Hawk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back