Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

after the way they have treated him I can also see others walking out swallow is almost certain to leave. Richmond always get a hard Mark at trade time but they have done everything they can to get Prestia I just can't believe how unprofessional Gold Coast are that's why GWS has gone so far above them.

That's why we just got Hanley for a bag of chips

Think everything will work out just fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think Hawthorn think he's knee is fine I think the medical team believe they can make it that way. they've treated him like a piece of shit for wanting to leave players leave every year from every club. would Geelong be happy Gary Ablett left were Hawthorn happy Franklin left were Adelaide happy tippet left and the list goes on and on but deals get done and teams move on but Gold Coast are just too unprofessional to work that out

I don't think Hawthorn think he's knee is fine I think the medical team believe they can make it that way. they've treated him like a piece of shit for wanting to leave players leave every year from every club. would Geelong be happy Gary Ablett left were Hawthorn happy Franklin left were Adelaide happy tippet left and the list goes on and on but deals get done and teams move on but Gold Coast are just too unprofessional to work that out
Really? They'd happily offer millions of dollars for him trade away Lewis, Mitchell and future picks just in the hope they can fix his knee? The Suns are unprofessional, they asked for a 1st round pick and a first 22 player but the Hawks haven't met those requirements. Which is why a deal hasn't been done yet. Just because you're sad that Hawthorn hasn't been able to muscle out the smaller clubs and now are angry that the Suns have made a stand against getting players poached from them doesn't mean they are unprofessional.

I have no idea how this will land. I'm assuming omeara will get to us but I really don't know what the mechanics of it will be.
Think you burnt your chances by chasing Mitchell at the same time, Gold Coast made it quite clear TWO first rounders, you had them in your grasp but gave away one for Mitchell. I also don't know how this gets done now without Gold Coast getting a reputation as cavers. Wonder if they will draw a line in the sand and either do a deal elsewhere or of to one of the drafts for O'Meara.

Graham Wright would be sweating right now whilst Gold Coast are doing other deals.

I agree with alot of what you have said, but yeah they turned down our offer of 2017 1st and two 2nds.

I mean everything about trade week is rumor and innuendo until the deal is done but I heard Terry Wallace speaking on SEN this morning saying Hawks have not put any offer in front of GC yet for JOM.

I mean everything about trade week is rumor and innuendo until the deal is done but I heard Terry Wallace speaking on SEN this morning saying Hawks have not put any offer in front of GC yet for JOM.
yeah true, makes you wonder what terry thinks hawks true intentions are though.

I have no idea how this will land. I'm assuming omeara will get to us but I really don't know what the mechanics of it will be.

I think we are going to see a massive trade involving a lot of clubs. Pies, Richmond, to name two are dealing with the Suns and their deals could be folded into the O'Meara deal. Not sure how but some of the Hawks players mentioned as trades who refuse to go to the Suns might be interested in a move to another Vic club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah true, makes you wonder what terry thinks hawks true intentions are though.

JOM will get to Hawks.....it just seems players always get to the club they nominate and at the end of the day, pick 10 is not a dud card.

I think Hawks intentions for the 2017 trade period are more difficult to understand. As many have said, they have put a lot eggs in the JOM basket.

I think it's becoming more likely that O'Meara will switch to the bombers. Essendon can certainly offer more in terms of picks and players with currency, plus offer more to O'Meara.

I imagine part of the appeal of nominating Hawthorn was the chance to play at least a prelim in year 1. But the chances of Hawthorn being a serious contender in finals next year will be all over when Lewis follows Sam Mitchell out the door, if they aren't already.

All of a sudden the hopes of a decent finals team will be left to this kid coming back from knee surgery. It's a lot of pressure on the young guy. He could easily take more money for less pressure at the Bombers who are likely to challenge for a flag before Hawthorn do again.

Maybe since Mitchell and Lewis have decided to leave, O'Meara has upped his price for the Hawks to match the Bombers?

If I was O'Meara I know where I'd go.

I think it's becoming more likely that O'Meara will switch to the bombers. Essendon can certainly offer more in terms of picks and players with currency, plus offer more to O'Meara.

I imagine part of the appeal of nominating Hawthorn was the chance to play at least a prelim in year 1. But the chances of Hawthorn being a serious contender in finals next year will be all over when Lewis follows Sam Mitchell out the door, if they aren't already.

All of a sudden the hopes of a decent finals team will be left to this kid coming back from knee surgery. It's a lot of pressure on the young guy. He could easily take more money for less pressure at the Bombers who are likely to challenge for a flag before Hawthorn do again.

Maybe since Mitchell and Lewis have decided to leave, O'Meara has upped his price for the Hawks to match the Bombers?

Yeah I know too, rather play big games on the G than Etihad Stadium. He's not going to Essendon get over it, he has no interest in your club.

What is it about won't even consider an offer from the Bombers you don't understand?

lol, go back a page or two and read the statement from his manager.

I'd love JOM at Essendon.

But honestly, I think I'm loving even more how BADLY Hawthorn are hurting themselves attempting to get this done.

Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back