Jake Carlisle Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope the difference will be that we are now a better run club, and certainly not an festering sore like Essendon.
Unlike James tird and co we won't try to deny responsibility, even though it's not our doing, instead we will work to cleanse Jake and watch him become a gun and leader at our club. That's my hope.

It's pretty hard to demand high standards of players when you are morally bankrupt your self. Hird could hardly hold anyone to account. His tenure and post saga actions were all about avoiding playing by the rules set out by the league.

CR4CFNZUsAAotCu.png

Your avatar is so suitable for a St Kilda fan. Every off season I seem to feel just like that...well in a lot of games too.

Can't see him being sacked - I'm not sure that's the message we are trying to send. Will be more along the lines of we support Jake, he has made a mistake blah blah. Plus, we dished out P5, for what will be a zero return.

The press release is interesting - owns up to being silly, but does not admit to anything. I hope he and his manager had sent this through Finnis and the like before it was released.

Does anyone know the rules around out of competition drug testing? If found guilty is it a strike, or because it's out of competition - nothing?

SO was Carlisle taking the piss pretending to do something stupid.
Or did he actually take an illicit substance

I reckon from the statement he was taking something illegal. He would have made sure that was the first thing he denied if he could have.

I don't see us getting rid of him from here. The first thing you see on Saints.com.au is Carlisle in a St Kilda guernsey. We would have had a say in the statement he released, too.

Back our club standards in that nothing like this happens with Carlisle again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to say this with the best intentions and I don't mean to offend anyone. But move on.

He did something stupid, clubs knows this he knows this. His apologised and that is already more then lovett so don't compare the two. Secondly who ever wants to give the club crap piss off. They didn't know about this. No one did. No amount of background checks would tell you this unless you lived in his pocket. There will be a press conference at 11:30 at afl house. It will blow over but I suggest alot of you guys get behind the club and jake and maybe remember the dumb shit you did as a guy in your early twenties. He isn't the first won't be the last and didn't hurt another person like those at the Hawks or lovett. There are players who people idolise that you should see behind close doors. I by no mean say it's acceptable but he came clean to the club immediately and that statement is genuinely going to be the actions jake follows.

Last line of the statement

'Again, I apologise for my behaviour and stress that when I join my new Club, I will do everything I can to live up to the standards and values they are building at St Kilda.'

Backhanded way of saying the values and standards are sheisen at floggerland?
Also reinforces that he is not a St Kilda player yet.

This all happened under ESSENDON's watch! :mad:

I'm going to say this with the best intentions and I don't mean to offend anyone. But move on.

He did something stupid, clubs knows this he knows this. His apologised and that is already more then lovett so don't compare the two. Secondly who ever wants to give the club crap piss off. They didn't know about this. No one did. No amount of background checks would tell you this unless you lived in his pocket. There will be a press conference at 11:30 at afl house. It will blow over but I suggest alot of you guys get behind the club and jake and maybe remember the dumb shit you did as a guy in your early twenties. He isn't the first won't be the last and didn't hurt another person like those at the Hawks or lovett. There are players who people idolise that you should see behind close doors. I by no mean say it's acceptable but he came clean to the club immediately and that statement is genuinely going to be the actions jake follows.
Well put.

Im telling you they didn't have it in their possession till yesterday. Manager knew their was footage of it floating around
I put it on our board yesterday about 11am but got blocked very quickly.

Manager was notified 24 hours before being aired according to tRIPLE M this morning.

This is unprecedented and as such I don't understand why we couldn't try to exit the trade. I have little doubt Essendon and his manager knew of this and the timing of this stinks.

We are going to be 'professional' and say the right things but we've been played and a big club wouldn't allow this. I'm shattered mainly because Essendon have pick 5 and don't have any sort of question marks against them.

Ah well, dumb young guy with money to burn, does dumb thing on holidays. The journalist who released the story is a Hawthorn tragic, and clearly they are trying to get as much attention away from the impending media frenzy they will be dealing with once the name of their premiership player being investigated by police is released. A lot of people know who it is anyway.

This is unprecedented and as such I don't understand why we couldn't try to exit the trade. I have little doubt Essendon and his manager knew of this and the timing of this stinks.

We are going to be 'professional' and say the right things but we've been played and a big club wouldn't allow this. I'm shattered mainly because Essendon have pick 5 and don't have any sort of question marks against them.
Find me the law that says it can exit a trade.

Amazing Collingwood supporters having a crack at StKilda players. How many of their players self reported???

Remove this Banner Ad

Jake Carlisle Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back