Jake King on Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
so all outlaw club members are career criminals then?

Yes. How could you be an "outlaw mc" as you put it without being one? If not then can I be an outlaw mc? Maybe if I ask politely they'll let me.

I've seen Jake King in multiple times in classy restraurants and cafe's with an entourage of face tattooed covered bikies, complete with special trackies, bumbags and those runners only bikies seem to wear. Have seen him twice with Mitchell and cronies. I hate him just for spoiling my appetite every time I see him. He might be a nice guy but you're only as good as the company you keep imo..and it stinks like shit.

If you plan to tee off on a fringe player to an audience (back then) of over 1 million then a couple of two minute phone calls would have set the record straight. That's not too much to ask from a so-called expert that was fully aware of the weight his opinion held at the time.

Even you concede that was your impression of what happened as it would be for most people I imagine.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnew...e-in-coach-saga/2009/05/23/1242498972764.html

That's not Lyon's fault or his responsibility. His job was to provide an opinion on stuff that had been reported in the media by the 'newsbreaker' types and it's the 'newsbreakers' responsibility to get things right in the first place, before they get published.

Yes. How could you be an "outlaw mc" as you put it without being one? If not then can I be an outlaw mc? Maybe if I ask politely they'll let me.

I've seen Jake King in multiple times in classy restraurants and cafe's with an entourage of face tattooed covered bikies, complete with special trackies, bumbags and those runners only bikies seem to wear. Have seen him twice with Mitchell and cronies. I hate him just for spoiling my appetite every time I see him. He might be a nice guy but you're only as good as the company you keep imo..and it stinks like shit.
you are very naive.
there are many clubs around Australia, they are not all criminals.
but you just go on thinking that.
it's like the name Rottweillers have, many people see one and think they will be killed.

you are very naive.
there are many clubs around Australia, they are not all criminals.
but you just go on thinking that.
it's like the name Rottweillers have, many people see one and think they will be killed.

No, it's because most/all outlaw motorcycle clubs cultivate the idea that they are criminal organisations, with the '1%' patch as part of their insignia, including the Bandidos.

Imagine if he injected your club's players with stuff. You'd throw up everywhere.

So your scared of the patch then?
Maybe the cats should ban theirs hey?

Well, that response was certainly worth the three hour wait.

Similar to members of criminal organisations branding themselves with visible tattoos that essentially say "Hey police, check me out. I'm a member of a criminal organisation. Please arrest me," I'm bemused that these motorcyle clubs want to willingly draw so much negative attention towards themselves. It seems a bit attention whoreish and not an especially wise career choice to me.

Well, that response was certainly worth the three hour wait.

Similar to members of criminal organisations branding themselves with visible tattoos that essentially say "Hey police, check me out. I'm a member of a criminal organisation. Please arrest me," I'm bemused that these motorcyle clubs want to willingly draw so much negative attention towards themselves. It seems a bit attention whoreish and not an especially wise career choice to me.
OMG, now it's the tattoo.
You are a laugh a minute, every member has tattoo's now, lmfao.

OMG, now it's the tattoo.
You are a laugh a minute, every member has tattoo's now, lmfao.

No, you're just missing the point and making yourself look silly.

I was comparing the "I'm a criminal, please lock me up" tattoos that certain gang members put on their bodies to the "I'm a criminal, please lock me up" patches that outlaw motorcycle gang members wear on their jackets. On face value, there would appear to be some parallels.

No, you're just missing the point and making yourself look silly.

I was comparing the "I'm a criminal, please lock me up" tattoos that certain gang members put on their bodies to the "I'm a criminal, please lock me up" patches that outlaw motorcycle gang members wear on their jackets. On face value, there would appear to be some parallels.
No, you have made it clear, you think that anyone that wears a patch or tattoo is a criminal.
And anybody who associates with said people can't be trusted.

Have you got any Essendon member mates with tattoo's, they wear a patch, and Essendon is a criminal organisation.

Well, I think there's a pretty reasonable assumption to be made that an average Joe wouldn't just join an outlaw motorcycle club to share his enthusiasm for bikes or tattoos. It's also a reasonable assumption that one wouldn't be best mates with member of one of these organisations without some knowledge or involvement in their activities, or for the 'cleanskin' mate at the very least using that association to their advantage (to indimidate or get their way, even without force being used), or the 'cleanskin' being used to improve the credibility of the outlaw motorcycle club member.

Yes, Jake King may be the glaring exception, but surely you can understand why it's hard for people to believe and get their head around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ratings for this current series

Caro 120k
Simon black 82k
Vander Haar 74k
Hamill 66k
Russell Geene 66k
Vandenberg 63k
King 59k
Grinter 59k
Glen Jackovich 55K
Saints 50th year premiership special 53k
Mick Conlan 52k
Ken Sheldon 50k
Barry Richardson/Peter Hudson.Sam Newman special 49k

lol

Some people are complaining that King is unworthy of an episode but he outrated the Saints premiership episode. There was obviously plenty of interest in him, as there should be. One of the more memorable players of recent times and a pretty inspiring success story really, given his physical attributes and background.

No, you have made it clear, you think that anyone that wears a patch or tattoo is a criminal.
And anybody who associates with said people can't be trusted.

Have you got any evidence of me saying that?

I think that it is reasonable to assume that anyone wearing the 1% patch of an outlaw motorcycle gang, a reference to a comment made decades ago that 99% of motorcyclists were law-abiding citizens, is willingly identifying themselves as a criminal by definition. The same as anyone tattooing themselves with the symbol or motto of a criminal organisation. They're criminals, or at least wannabee criminals, who decide to wear signs on themselves to alert the world to their criminality, for some bemusing reason.

I actually didn't say anything about the trustworthiness or otherwise of Jake King.

Some people are complaining that King is unworthy of an episode but he outrated the Saints premiership episode. There was obviously plenty of interest in him, as there should be. One of the more memorable players of recent times and a pretty inspiring success story really, given his physical attributes and background.

Not sure the 59k who watched were doing so to learn more about Jake's 'inspiring success story' though...

so all outlaw club members are career criminals then?
Toby Mitchell is a renowned criminal.
If you are an outlaw club member and not a criminal it would be safe to say that you are one by accessory or you just ain't been caught yet.
Note how they are not called 'lawful' club members:rolleyes:

Toby Mitchell is a renowned criminal.
If you are an outlaw club member and not a criminal it would be safe to say that you are one by accessory or you just ain't been caught yet.
Note how they are not called 'lawful' club members:rolleyes:
So, corporate companies have been known to be crooks, therefore all corporate companies are crooks?

I saw that open mike. Was interested bc I don't really buy into the 'non footy' footy news so didnt know much about him...

The guy came across as an A grade f wit.

Genuine shit bloke

Caro was the highest rated episode. Your point is moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back