Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha what a tool has nfi Howe is a better player then Lever the media and BF love getting caught up in top teams hype.

Lever plays well in a crows structure the few times he actually is made accountable he has been thrashed see the Essendon game. For the price people are saying he is supposedly worth Adelaide can keep him.
This is true even charlie curnow got over the to of him

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haha what a tool has nfi Howe is a better player then Lever the media and BF love getting caught up in top teams hype.

Lever plays well in a crows structure the few times he actually is made accountable he has been thrashed see the Essendon game. For the price people are saying he is supposedly worth Adelaide can keep him.
So what is he worth then in your eyes?

So what is he worth then in your eyes?

From the Pies pick 6 and either our pick from Brisbane (early 3rd rounder) or a young *fringe* player.

I don't want my club continually paying through the nose in these trade deals we overpaid to get Treloar and if the same requirement is wanted for lever then forget it.

Sooner or later if you keep trading 2 x firsts for *1* very good youngster you are working at a massive loss to overall elite talent coming through the doors.

Both Trelaor and Lever have question marks over their games imo Treloar can't hit the side of a barn door from 10m away and Lever has shown no propensity to be able to play as an accountable KPD (which is what we need from him).
He has made his name off timing when to peel off his less dangerous opponent to get across and be 3rd in.
I've been watching with interest and imo when he was asked to do the job on Hooker and Daniher they both took him to the cleaners. HE seems to lack a yard of pace when made to be directly accountable and not given time to float across.

We already have a slower 3rd in type in Schaz all be it Lever is more physical and atm a better player, in time I can see Schaz becoming very good in the role just like he is at VFL level where he was a weekly 12 mark, 35+ disposal @90% DE, wall across HB.

The potential is there so long as he can get his power up and regain some much needed pace to translate it at AFL level.

Most are saying if Collingwood Pick 6 and a player like Maynard or Sharenberg, seems a fair swap

There's no way we let go of Maynard so you can kiss that trade scenario goodbye.
I suggested that 6 and Scharenberg may be fair earlier in the year but two things have happened since then... Scharenberg has put together 5-6 weeks of very good, consistent football and Lever has proven to me that he isn't a KP's back side.

We already have two intercept, medium half back flankers. It's a no from me.

3. Berg, Howe and Langdon.

Nice to see your attitude towards Scharenberg becoming more positive.

Im actually surprised the Pies are chasing Lever, as you have said you seem to have a few intercept defenders already.

Who's spot does Lever take if he heads to Collingwood?

Im actually surprised the Pies are chasing Lever, as you have said you seem to have a few intercept defenders already.

Who's spot does Lever take if he heads to Collingwood?
We'll try and turn him in to a CHB and ruin him knowing us.

It changed when he started playing better. The correlation is mind blowing.

The talk on here and the media seems to be that Lever is a third tall/interceptor, which is true now and may remain so, but why can't a maturing 195cm 21 year old with just 53 matches under his belt develop his game to become a key defender ?

He's come in off 2 knee recos and foot surgery and averaged 20 disposals, 7.5 marks, 4.5 rebound 50's and 6.5 intercepts a game. Those are legitimately good numbers for any player, let alone one who started the year on less than 10 games after 3 years of injuries.

Give him another preseason to build his tank and his physique (slimmed down intentionally the last couple of years to ease the load on his knees while rehabbing) and he'll take another step up.
Yes I think it's likely that he will become a good player rather than just being serviceable.

However, pick 6 in such an elite draft, when Bont went at 4, Kelly at 2, billings at 3, Sheed (rate him very highly, looking really good) at 11, Cripps at 13, Crouch at 23, Merrett at 26, Lobb, Brown later, you'd expect whole lot more than just a good player.

In order for him to justify pick 6, given the position he plays, he'd need to at least make AA 40 squad in the next 2-3 years.

Yes I think it's likely that he will become a good player rather than just being serviceable.

However, pick 6 in such an elite draft, when Bont went at 4, Kelly at 2, billings at 3, Sheed (rate him very highly, looking really good) at 11, Cripps at 13, Crouch at 23, Merrett at 26, Lobb, Brown later, you'd expect whole lot more than just a good player.

In order for him to justify pick 6, given the position he plays, he'd need to at least make AA 40 squad in the next 2-3 years.

Edit: Wrong player.

Give him to us, we'll get him 3 AA's in no time at all. :D

The talk on here and the media seems to be that Lever is a third tall/interceptor, which is true now and may remain so, but why can't a maturing 195cm 21 year old with just 53 matches under his belt develop his game to become a key defender ?
That is exactly the reason clubs would be considering paying him the big dollars and why so many comparisons were made through the year between him and Rance. It's not about what he offers right at this very second, even though he plays the intercept role very well, it's what he is capable of in the future. Because draft picks have to be given up "right now" the discussion on his trade value is being based on what he offers "right now". So much more to it than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no way we let go of Maynard so you can kiss that trade scenario goodbye.
I suggested that 6 and Scharenberg may be fair earlier in the year but two things have happened since then... Scharenberg has put together 5-6 weeks of very good, consistent football and Lever has proven to me that he isn't a KP's back side.

Lever isn't now, and that's why we're not interested in paying near the amount he wants. Mind you Collingwood wouldn't be paying for the now either if this is the route they go down.

Lever only has to develop his one on one game to a competent level (and considering he's only 21 now, you'd assume that'd happen within 2-3 years) and you are talking about one of the best defenders in the league which is where the majority of his value lies.

Last edited:
I reckon afl needs to come up with the rule of no player is worth more than 1 first rounder per trade. It's ludicrous what clubs are asking for.

Neal-Bullen (Melb) re-signed just over 2 weeks ago for Melb. He isn't coming home!.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/f0e479f684382f788d27f8d1ed27d669

Lever is going to Collingwood.

Pick 6, and Scharenberg to Adelaide

Adelaide will trade Cameron to Brisbane for there second first rounder (received from Port)

That pick and our original first rounder to Carlton for Gibbs.

Crows win that deal.
Scharenberg, Gibbs, Edwards (F/S) + the chance to get Fogarty at pick 6

Always a chance of landing Rockliff as well???

I believe he is capable of that if used properly.

This is what I'm thinking. He'll end up playing on the key forwards and be the interception player.

Neal-Bullen (Melb) re-signed just over 2 weeks ago for Melb. He isn't coming home!.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/f0e479f684382f788d27f8d1ed27d669

Adelaide will trade Cameron to Brisbane for there second first rounder (received from Port)

Crows win that deal.

If we give up Scharenberg it will only be to retain our first rounder. You're not getting both.

Crows win that deal.

Unfortunately for Adelaide players generally get to where they want to go. If he wants to go to Melbourne a deal will more than likely get done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back