Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

This is silly.
He's no Lever, but Howe is a pretty good player.

Hes in the AA squad ffs, so people that know more than you obviously disagree.

Howe was a bit player at Melbourne with a few highlights. His game has gone to a new level at Collingwood. Its a shame some people only think of him as a half forward flanker. He's a completely different player now.

Howe was a bit player at Melbourne with a few highlights. His game has gone to a new level at Collingwood. Its a shame some people only think of him as a half forward flanker. He's a completely different player now.

I think some people on here just pretend they have a clue when really they're just running their mouths.

Top 5 dumbest posts I've read this year.

Howe wouldn't get a game at Adelaide. He's an unaccountable defensive chip scab who's being called an "intercept player" for political correctness because he failed in the forward line. Any other coach would give Howe an actual job to do, then realise he can't hack it and promptly drop him to the seconds. I feel embarrassed mentioning him in the same sentence as Lever.

Sorry we're not talking about Heath Shaw here mate...

get stuffed, Melbourne (and collingwood) offering Lever as much if not more than Treloar got, melbourne likely to make the 8 next year maybe top 4,
2 firsts for Lever and a second is about the minimum the deal should be. Pick 10 and some shitty arse fringe player won't cut it.
Two firsts and a second is utter ridiculousness. A first round pick (not top 5) plus either a player or a second rounder is probably about what they'll get.

Maybe a top 5 pick plus some even looser change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 5 dumbest posts I've read this year.

Howe wouldn't get a game at Adelaide. He's an unaccountable defensive chip scab who's being called an "intercept player" for political correctness because he failed in the forward line. Any other coach would give Howe an actual job to do, then realise he can't hack it and promptly drop him to the seconds. I feel embarrassed mentioning him in the same sentence as Lever.

Top 1 dumbest posts I've read this year.

Most are saying if Collingwood Pick 6 and a player like Maynard or Sharenberg, seems a fair swap
Most as in most unrealistic Adelaide fans?

That's way overs.

Most as in most unrealistic Adelaide fans?

That's way overs.
I think it'll be either picks 6-9 and steak knives or a pick 10-12 and decent player/early 2nd rounder.

Sharenberg's body holding up ok? (excuse the spelling on his name if wrong)

I think it'll be either picks 6-9 and steak knives or a pick 10-12 and decent player/early 2nd rounder.

Sharenberg's body holding up ok? (excuse the spelling on his name if wrong)
6 + steak knives is fair, steak knives being a player not necessarily regarded as best 22, and both Scharenberg and Maynard are 100% in our 22.

Berg's body is holding up very well. He's played every week this year with no injury issues (might have missed a week as carry over emergency earlier on). He'll justify his selection at pick 6 next year with another full preseason under his belt.

6 + steak knives is fair, steak knives being a player not necessarily regarded as best 22, and both Scharenberg and Maynard are 100% in our 22.

Berg's body is holding up very well. He's played every week this year with no injury issues (might have missed a week as carry over emergency earlier on). He'll justify his selection at pick 6 next year with another full preseason under his belt.
Nice mate hope he works out for your mob - he's a good lad too

Well don't think Shaz will justify pick 6 but he's certainly no steak knives...

Well don't think Shaz will justify pick 6 but he's certainly no steak knives...
He's come in off 2 knee recos and foot surgery and averaged 20 disposals, 7.5 marks, 4.5 rebound 50's and 6.5 intercepts a game. Those are legitimately good numbers for any player, let alone one who started the year on less than 10 games after 3 years of injuries.

Give him another preseason to build his tank and his physique (slimmed down intentionally the last couple of years to ease the load on his knees while rehabbing) and he'll take another step up.

Most are saying if Collingwood Pick 6 and a player like Maynard or Sharenberg, seems a fair swap

In your dreams buddy.

You guys can keep Lever we have good (Langdon and Schaz) to elite (Howe) options already in the role he plays ie 3rd in defender.

Statistically Scharenberg is already surpassing him after a handful of games...I suspect after another preseason we will see Scharenbergs true potential in the role and if Pies hand you pick 6 plus him it will be day light robbery by the Crows.

Hahahaha ok. We're not the most entertaining team to watch but you should make a little bit of an effort to pay attention before making rubbish calls like this.

Haha what a tool has nfi Howe is a better player then Lever the media and BF love getting caught up in top teams hype.

Lever plays well in a crows structure the few times he actually is made accountable he has been thrashed see the Essendon game. For the price people are saying he is supposedly worth Adelaide can keep him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back