Player Watch Jake Soligo - Showdown Medalist!

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't we try to trade away the Soligo pick at the last minute, but the AFL blocked it?

Thank you AFL
Actually, I think it was Melbourne's pick 39, 3 picks after Soligo, that was blocked.

This is the pick that Adelaide had previouslt been traded to Melbourne, and therefore fell foul of the AFL rules.

Edit: nope, I was incorrect.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re edging closer to having the kind of midfield where the opposition can’t afford to worry only about Dawson. Rankine has shown plenty of times this year he can get off the chain, and Soligo is getting there too.

I’ve been saying it all year, the midfield is no where near as dire as it’s made out to be. We are one player away from it being very good, and there’s every chance Curtin is that guy.

Has been a little bit quieter since the last showdown so might be running out of gas, but still performing extremely well. Another pre season will do him the world of good.
Definitely has been rushing his kicks toward the end of the season when he break in the clear with his burst of speed for the first 10-15m and TOG is still only 80%.

1723640748729.png

I’ve been saying it all year, the midfield is no where near as dire as it’s made out to be. We are one player away from it being very good, and there’s every chance Curtin is that guy.

Our drafting pre 2020 is the problem - the misses of Gallucci, Jones, McHenry,McAsey completely wrecked our opportunity for a quick bounce (in conjunction with losing Lever, Cameron and McGovern)
Majority of the good talent on our list is only 3 years in

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Our drafting pre 2020 is the problem - the misses of Gallucci, Jones, McHenry,McAsey completely wrecked our opportunity for a quick bounce (in conjunction with losing Lever, Cameron and McGovern)
Majority of the good talent on our list is only 3 years in

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
This is exactly why we're not finals contenders yet. The players you've mentioned should all be 100+ games played and filling that void of 24-28 year olds. Say what you want about Nicks, but list management and drafting has been the main issue at the club. We've seemingly turned the tide though with selections outside the first round in Soligo, Dowling, Taylor, Nank, Worrell, Sholl starting to become important players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jake Soligo - Showdown Medalist!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back