Game Day Showdown: Crows v Whiny Port Power without Prison Bars

Remove this Banner Ad

I think its a big worry that we would use a first round pick on someone who in all seriousness is not a very good footballer.
Wait until we use pick 5 on Rankine when our needs are elsewhere

How many hundreds of points do the hawks need to lose by for us to crash into 13th?
They’re almost level with us on points for and 82 fewer points against. So they need to give up 80 points before they even score. We’ve got it wrapped up.

Don't mind us finishing the season llike that ... it will squash any false belief in where we are at once pre-season commences .

All in all there were enough positives to come out of this year feeling good about the building and direction of our squad with some questions that shall be answered in 2023 .

If we are to move forward rowe mchenry milera jones smith and possibly doedee and keays need to be moved on. Don't worry about the time and resources invested they are liabilities
Milera, Keays, Murphy, McHenry, Rowe, Jones, Smith, Turner, Davis, Sholl, Hately, Crouch, McAsey need to be moved on.
We are going nowhere with these players. This preseason we need to be brutally honest.

Mmmm .....do we have enough time to name all the putrid perpetrators tonight

Let's start with Butts and the entire backline .....then Keays, who absolutely hacked the ball tonight

Then we can add the many, many players who fumbled under pressure, and couldn't hit the side of a barn .....giving PORT opportunity after opportunity !!

Angry Steve Martin low res.gif

We are going nowhere with these players. This preseason we need to be brutally honest.
I hate to upset everybody on a disappointing night, but I posted earlier that Nicks said in an interview less than a week ago that he is "happy with every player in the current squad"!!!!! So, is he tricky with the truth, or is he a tool who will bring about his own demise?

Milera, Keays, Murphy, McHenry, Rowe, Jones, Smith, Turner, Davis, Sholl, Hately, Crouch, McAsey need to be moved on.
Yep. I was talking about the 22 tonight but the others you mention are fair game too. Won't get rid of all of them but there needs to be a plan

I hate to upset everybody on a disappointing night, but I posted earlier that Nicks said in an interview less than a week ago that he is "happy with every player in the current squad"!!!!! So, is he tricky with the truth, or is he a tool who will bring about his own demise?
Well he's not going to publicly sledge his own players. Proof will be in the pudding im sure they realise that there are gaps if there wasn't we'd be top

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Milera also didn't want to go near it tonight, he was piss weak. Rowe was useless, offered nothing all night and couldn't even provide pressure. Murphy after continuous games has never been able to make the jump and he can go play in the SANFL

Milera also didn't want to go near it tonight, he was piss weak. Rowe was useless, offered nothing all night and couldn't even provide pressure. Murphy after continuous games has never been able to make the jump and he can go play in the SANFL

The thing is that, aside from one game this year, literally ONE game, he’s been a literal non-entity in games. The very definition of insipid.

He also did absolutely nothing in the SANFL team to have deserved a call up after being dropped. 100% PR move by the club. He’s an extremely poor player. Does the occasionally flashy 180 spin that gets the fans going, but is otherwise ineffectual in just about every other facet of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cant even kick a decent pass over 20 metres.

Total liability.

Im not sure why we have mchenry, murphy and keays in for their “pressure”..

Their type of pressure doesnt include actually tackling a bloke in a manner that doesnt allow him to just easily handball off to a nearby team mate..

Stick a tackle you dicks.. one that pins the arms
Hey what do you think of Keays? He was good tonight….. for Port.

Cain Cornes defending “arrogant and entitled” on The Round So Far as a deliberate club strategy to make sure the players were up and about for Robbie’s last game.

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Just as likely to make sure the oppo is up and about. Pure luck that it didn’t horribly backfire….and that’s on the generous assumption that it really was a deliberate strategy, and not just 2 small-minded players so indoctrinated with hate that they waste the opportunity to talk up Robbie on his big week.

No mention by Corn Chip of the fact that it was left to the oppo coach to give Robbie the media attention and plaudits that his career deserves.

What a tool.

Cain Cornes defending “arrogant and entitled” on The Round So Far as a deliberate club strategy to make sure the players were up and about for Robbie’s last game.

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Just as likely to make sure the oppo is up and about. Pure luck that it didn’t horribly backfire….and that’s on the generous assumption that it really was a deliberate strategy, and not just 2 small-minded players so indoctrinated with hate that they waste the opportunity to talk up Robbie on his big week.

No mention by Corn Chip of the fact that it was left to the oppo coach to give Robbie the media attention and plaudits that his career deserves.

What a tool.
I want to know why the players don’t rate Robbie Gray highly enough that they need to resort to theatrics and gimmicks to get fired up for him?

I want to know why the players don’t rate Robbie Gray highly enough that they need to resort to theatrics and gimmicks to get fired up for him?
Best part of the night?

Port supporters fully swallowing the BS sprouted by their club. There is not a single more gullible supporter group in the AFL.
Now the ferals have completely forgotten about 'sack Hinkley'. They will be all up and about and convinced they are premiership bound. By mid Feb they will be premiership favourites.
They will get gifted an easy first 5 rounds next year, look great and re-sign Hinkley.

It's exactly what they deserve.

Best part of the night?

Port supporters fully swallowing the BS sprouted by their club. There is not a single more gullible supporter group in the AFL.
Now the ferals have completely forgotten about 'sack Hinkley'. They will be all up and about and convinced they are premiership bound. By mid Feb they will be premiership favourites.
They will get gifted an easy first 5 rounds next year, look great and re-sign Hinkley.

It's exactly what they deserve.
Where were all the "Sack Hinkley" signs?

Only 2 out of a crowd of 50k?

The huff puffers calling for these signs are just like Kochie. All talk. And in the club's eyes a fringe minority.

If the supporter base truly wanted Hinkley gone 10,000 signs held proudly during NTUA would have sent a real message.

Like the "Roosey" chant at the SCG when Wallace was all but signed to coach the Swans.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Exactly. It’s actually embarrassing they would need to try something like that.
Did they not see how crap we were against North? We were already cooked.

If we are to move forward rowe mchenry milera jones smith and possibly doedee and keays need to be moved on. Don't worry about the time and resources invested they are liabilities
I was thinking the same.
I think we can make a big improvement next year if we can move past these players.
I could probably understand keeping Doedee but the others just aren't afl level.
What's sad is we have signed Smith for another two years

He is going to be very good but I think they're preparing him well - he still looks like a boy, so a full pre-season will do the trick.

It's amazing that we constantly manage to find the only players in the draft that apparently could never play AFL for years and years after the draft because they're totally just not ready yet.

It's amazing that we constantly manage to find the only players in the draft that apparently could never play AFL for years and years after the draft because they're totally just not ready yet.
In fairness that takes talent to nail the one spud amongst a sea of gems.

Credit where it is due. :thumbsu:

Where were all the "Sack Hinkley" signs?

Only 2 out of a crowd of 50k?

The huff puffers calling for these signs are just like Kochie. All talk. And in the club's eyes a fringe minority.

If the supporter base truly wanted Hinkley gone 10,000 signs held proudly during NTUA would have sent a real message.

Like the "Roosey" chant at the SCG when Wallace was all but signed to coach the Swans.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'd also like to pull up on the 50k crowd BS.

All night they went on about a full house and a sell out etc...Abernathy started it on the news - while there were loads of empty seats behind him.
The members weren't close to full. The Eastern side had plenty of empty seats as well.
It was nowhere near close to 50k. Poort just up to their China based counting system again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Showdown: Crows v Whiny Port Power without Prison Bars

Remove this Banner Ad

Back