Speculation Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like he would have signed on already if he was staying? To me this is just done and dusted almost

Stringer to Carlton on a 2 year deal on lowish money. Stringers number 1 strength is when he gets the 3rd small defender and can go body to body with him. A situation he gets every single week at Carlton. He gets the perfect playing situation for himself and Carlton get a best 22 player for free

On form, he deserves at least 2 years. 40 goal forward/ mids are hard to come by.

But personally I hope he gets poached from Essendon so it actually starts a proper rebuild. Stringer is pretty hard to replace and we ain’t finishing higher without him.

I’d personally look to trade Langford parish 2mp too and hit the draft hard.

Stringer to Carlton on a 2 year deal on lowish money. Stringers number 1 strength is when he gets the 3rd small defender and can go body to body with him. A situation he gets every single week at Carlton. He gets the perfect playing situation for himself and Carlton get a best 22 player for free

Dear god please no.

Reminds me a little of Rhys Stanley (Stringer is a far superior player). He plays some blinders, but his bad games are really bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like he would have signed on already if he was staying? To me this is just done and dusted almost

How does Carlton get him for free?

He isnt a free agent.

A trade is needed.

I could see him going to North. They need help for Larkey. Comden is the 200cm target and Stringer the third tall forward.

Norths are still not attractive for top player trades. But I bet they could land Stinger.

Problem is he is a good player but lacks professionalism getting and staying fit. That isnt a great role model around a young developing squad. Would need to be a rock sokid commitment from him to get fit with contract clauses covering what happens if he slacks off and takes the p!ss and the money.

Are the Dees desperate enough to try and make a forward line they make a play for the package?

When he gets the right match up he can certainly play
But it's too few and far between now and his body language sometimes isn't great.
Body language is a media word. Means nothing in real life. What matters is stats and performance

He kicked 40 goals this year. If you can get a 40 goal per year forward who can also contribute small bursts in the midfield, you should be all over that if you are a contender or wanting to be

Body language is a media word. Means nothing in real life. What matters is stats and performance

He kicked 40 goals this year. If you can get a 40 goal per year forward who can also contribute small bursts in the midfield, you should be all over that if you are a contender or wanting to be
More about sulking, not putting in for the team
Ask Essendon supporters how they saw his game for them last week.

On the midfield, wholly agree. I remember one game v Geelong last year they put him through the midfield for small periods of play and he was extremely effective

He may not have the tank to play that role any more

More about sulking, not putting in for the team
Ask Essendon supporters how they saw his game for them last week.

On the midfield, wholly agree. I remember one game v Geelong last year they put him through the midfield for small periods of play and he was extremely effective

He may not have the tank to play that role any more
He scored 40 goals, he put in for the team. Someone’s facial expressions isn’t that important to their worth in my opinion

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back