Speculation Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah yes of course
He's fantastic but just not at our club
I’d never recommend any 30 year old to a club on a rebuild, I wouldn’t even trade for Christian Petracca never mind Stringer. As for clubs who should want him I’d say

Carlton, Melbourne, Collingwood, Fremantle, Sydney

I think Demons make the most sense though

Many of his 40 goals are against teams lower on the ladder. He's part of the brigrade that goes missing against better opponents. Dons should be not offering a new contract and make him find a new team. Go in with a lineup of Draper, Caddy, Langford & Jones.

Many of his 40 goals are against teams lower on the ladder. He's part of the brigrade that goes missing against better opponents. Dons should be not offering a new contract and make him find a new team. Go in with a lineup of Draper, Caddy, Langford & Jones.
You should probably look it up before shooting your mouth off.

17 goals in 9 games against top 8 sides at 1.89 goals/game with 0 goalless games.
25 goals in 14 games against bottom 10 sides at 1.78 goals/game and two goalless games.

You should probably look it up before shooting your mouth off.

17 goals in 9 games against top 8 sides at 1.89 goals/game with 0 goalless games.
25 goals in 14 games against bottom 10 sides at 1.78 goals/game and two goalless games.
Oh right. I still feel he's course at the dons is done though. They need to play Caddy over him.

More about sulking, not putting in for the team
Ask Essendon supporters how they saw his game for them last week.

On the midfield, wholly agree. I remember one game v Geelong last year they put him through the midfield for small periods of play and he was extremely effective

He may not have the tank to play that role any more
I disagree with this. He averages more pressure acts than Greene and Fritsch who play similar forward roles and he's kicked more goals than them too, despite playing about 30% midfield time for the year. Yet no one questions them for not putting for the team.

I don't know what people expect from him but it's outrageous high. People just don't like the bloke, but his football is absolutely of standard.

He is not even fit, you don't take a risk on a bloke with his attitude issues, can destroy a culture very quickly.

I noticed he hardly has muscle definition v Brisbane.

Send him to the scrap heap, he is one that will not be able to cope when the money dries up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would certainly suit a contender. He’s capable and kicks goals. Would cost very little.

Biggest hurdle is I doubt he moves interstate due to his kids, who wouldn’t be coming with him. So that narrows it down to Vic clubs.
3 years is a huge risk if true.

Jake putting the kids 1st? I think you have the wrong Jake.

3 years is a huge risk if true.

Jake putting the kids 1st? I think you have the wrong Jake.

Well perhaps if he did get a three year deal interstate he would need to take the security for his family. He’s not gonna be a big earner post footy.

But I don’t think anybody wants to live in a different state to their young kids.

Would certainly suit a contender. He’s capable and kicks goals. Would cost very little.

Contenders are often that because they have functioning forward lines.

Put Stringer in a contending forwardline and he's suddenly jumping all over teammates or clogging space because he can't or doesn't want to stay on the move

Well perhaps if he did get a three year deal interstate he would need to take the security for his family. He’s not gonna be a big earner post footy.

But I don’t think anybody wants to live in a different state to their young kids.
Well hopefully he doesn’t punt it all away - again.

Ah yes of course
He's fantastic but just not at our club

Eagles have Oscar Allan and Jake Waterman at 24 and 26 yrs old.

Followed by Maric 20, Jack Williams 20, Archer Reid 19, Livingston 19, Hutchings 23 and a 194 cm Culley 20.

Why would they chase a 31 year old forward at this stage of a rebuild.

They won't.

Same reason why a 32 yr old Darling may just be playing elsewhere in 2025. The kids need the game time.

I wouldn't mind him, has the X Factor that we have missed since Rankine left, a lot better than most of our small forward option. 3 years is steep though, I'd be comfortable with 2 on whatever Essendon were going to pay him next year, which according to Barrett is 'modest'.

Biggest hurdle is I doubt he moves interstate due to his kids, who wouldn’t be coming with him. So that narrows it down to Vic clubs.
Vicbias yet again!

He'd fit in well at the Dees LOL

Can see a desperate Pies rolling the dice here. Reckon Pies would also be top of the list to give a lifeline to TT, when he eventually gets his way clear of court cases

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back