Speculation Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

So every divorced person that has kids doesn't like them?

Weird

Not everyone walks out on a 6 week old after punting their money away to chase 17 year old school girls. That doesn't really sound like a loving father to me.

Its a big reason he needs to chase the coin now and why his mate Merrett is trying to get him more years.

I could see him going to North. They need help for Larkey. Comden is the 200cm target and Stringer the third tall forward.

Norths are still not attractive for top player trades. But I bet they could land Stinger.

Problem is he is a good player but lacks professionalism getting and staying fit. That isnt a great role model around a young developing squad. Would need to be a rock sokid commitment from him to get fit with contract clauses covering what happens if he slacks off and takes the p!ss and the money.
Haven’t we suffered enough already over the last 5+ years?

Not everyone walks out on a 6 week old after punting their money away to chase 17 year old school girls. That doesn't really sound like a loving father to me.

Its a big reason he needs to chase the coin now and why his mate Merrett is trying to get him more years.
Plenty of people break up with young children, just you feeling the need to shame them is weird and quite outdated.

Chase coin? Do you not chase coin in your day to day life or are you retired?

I mean, I get captains have extra responsibility, but I think you need to stay in your lane and putting your 2c forwards on list management is not actually your role. Precisely because your judgement will be clouded because of mate ship.

Similarly, if Scott invited Merrett for the purpose of getting his opinion, wtf is he doing? Merrett is not paid for that. Get Rosa to do his job.

I wouldn't mind him, has the X Factor that we have missed since Rankine left, a lot better than most of our small forward option. 3 years is steep though, I'd be comfortable with 2 on whatever Essendon were going to pay him next year, which according to Barrett is 'modest'.

Surely the Suns have learned their lesson about reaching with these contracts? Find yourself giving away the next Bowes/Hollands in 2 years time because Stringer is there taking up a spot, contract & money (even if “modest”) - and you can’t drop him because doubtful he’ll keep his off-field standards up if he’s not motivated. So Rogers or similar sticks to the 2s and wants out for a game + better money.

Essendon have in my eyes nailed this one. Not letting the tail wag the dog. Not accepting mediocrity - sure, his form is good enough to warrant a contract, but keep the bait there, 1 year at a time to extract the best out of him. If he doesn’t like that? Cool. So be it. He can walk. That’s how it should be. This isn’t Bontempelli or Cripps - he’s a good forward with a history of fitness problems now on the wrong side of 30. You don’t let him dictate contracts.

Plenty of people break up with young children, just you feeling the need to shame them is weird and quite outdated.

Quite amazing what a simple comment about him quite possibly not wanting to move interstate can become.

I mean, the kids’ mother, his ex, has even spoken about how much more mature they are now and putting their kids first…

But never mind, the neckbeards on the internet know best.

The thing about Brad is he's not at all like his brother when keeping on older players it seems. First the cull at north and now the denied extensions to Jake & Laverde.

I think its a good move from Scott - the old regime might have caved to this pressure. The players shouldn’t dictate who gets longer contracts.
From afar, looks like they are using Stringer, Laverde as a line in the sand decision that perhaps may be have been waved through by Dodoro et al

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, I get captains have extra responsibility, but I think you need to stay in your lane and putting your 2c forwards on list management is not actually your role. Precisely because your judgement will be clouded because of mate ship.

Similarly, if Scott invited Merrett for the purpose of getting his opinion, wtf is he doing? Merrett is not paid for that. Get Rosa to do his job.

Nothing wrong with the captain having opinions on the players.

But the coach, football director and list managers should be making the decisions.

The idea of Sicily and Mitchell discussing the players sounds good to me. Not bad. And Im sure Sicily would know ultimately others make the decisions.

The problem is when the players lead the chsrge for or against things. That is a sign the club is ****ed.

I guess captains might have input into whether someone is popular with the playing group and is generally seen as a 'good bloke' around the club.....or if they're an obnoxious selfish dick who the players would be happy to see the back of.

If you're 50-50 on keeping someone or delisting them, that might tip the balance.

Well if that’s you idea of a good father it maybe more to do with the environment you were brought up in.

I didn’t punt my families money away so the need to chase coin is long gone. Make sound decisions with your money young and the rest is easy.

Well if that’s you idea of a good father it maybe more to do with the environment you were brought up in.

I didn’t punt my families money away so the need to chase coin is long gone. Make sound decisions with your money young and the rest is easy.
Ok, so now you're shaming single parents and gambling addiction.

What next?

I'm sure your closet is clean man, such a poser.

Is there a team in contention for the premiership this year that would want either?
Laverde is stay away at all costs, even for free. Don’t think any contender would take Stringer either, too much of a distraction from the start of pre season when he can’t complete a single lap, too his ongoing demands for another contract etc… if you could just play him against West Coast and North may be worthwhile.

Essendon has a coffee culture, coach and captain have a regular catch up, and it’s fair to ask about that sort of stuff if Stringer is regarded as part of a premiership window that Zach himself is hoping to lead us into. It’s a big change for us compared with how we handled recontracting previously… so is it just the list manager that changed or is it the overall strategy and premiership window that changed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back