Speculation Jake Waterman trade value?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but you wouldn’t match

You’d want the first round compo next year

That’s the best outcome you’d get

A win win

Ala McKay leaving us

Obviously if band 1.

Either way its a top 7 pick this year or next.

On he is retained.

Dees, Hawks, Essendon, Pies or North may want to move sooner and improve in 2025.

And the player may want a long term deal on closer to market rates.

Its the age of instant gratification remember.

Last edited:
Which team would supposedly trade a high first round pick for Jake Waterman?

Maybe Collingwood would give an F1 for him given what they paid for Schultz, on the presumption it’ll be somewhere at the lower end of the first round.

The only other teams that arguably need him are the Tigers, Roos and Saints, who are absolutely not trading top 5 picks for him lol

Which team would supposedly trade a high first round pick for Jake Waterman?

Maybe Collingwood would give an F1 for him given what they paid for Schultz, on the presumption it’ll be somewhere at the lower end of the first round.

The only other teams that arguably need him are the Tigers, Roos and Saints, who are absolutely not trading top 5 picks for him lol

Hawks. Just lost Lewis for 12 months to an ACL,

Demons goal kicking issues still a weak link and need another tall forward. Need to fix that fast or miss the window.

Both have picks and players of value that could get a deal done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks. Just lost Lewis for 12 months to an ACL,

Demons goal kicking issues still a weak link and need another tall forward. Need to fix that fast or miss the window.

Both have picks and players of value that could get a deal done.
I know he's had a good year but it just feels like Hawks would be doing a Port / St Kilda and loading up on too many "good" players and not enough stars. Particularly with supposedly getting Battle and Perryman.

Think they should hold fire for a genuine gun if they can

I know he's had a good year but it just feels like Hawks would be doing a Port / St Kilda and loading up on too many "good" players and not enough stars. Particularly with supposedly getting Battle and Perryman.

Think they should hold fire for a genuine gun if they can

You are likely right. That is the logical approach.

However instant gratification and constant improvement is what fans these days demand. Especially fans who havent seen much success recently. Suns paying pick 2 for Weller a prime example of reaching. And he was a half back not tall forward.

Will come down to what Jake will demand in his next deal and who will blink first.

Any club with a clue would not be parting way with high picks for 27 year old KPP who has averaged a goal a game over his career until a purple patch after 8 years.

Cumberland had a purple patch in 2022 averaging 4 goals a game, anyone want to give us a top 5 pick?

Townsend had a 5 game purple patch in 2017 then couldn't get a game.

WC supporters need to put their peckers away with this rubbish of high trade value.

I would offer a pick between 20 and 25 otherwise why bother.

Harrison Petty (when fit) is a better player.

I know people are skeptical, but this is not just a purple patch for Waterman.
He showed signs of being a very good player last year with his incredible work rate getting up the ground, and he's really only had opportunity this year to be an actual KPF.

Sitting behind JK, Darling, and then Allen doesn't exactly give you much opportunity to show what he's got. He's been very consistent this year, even through injury interruptions.

For each club thinking they will get him for free next year, you would have to realise 10 clubs will be chasing his signature so it's not like he becomes yours if you dont trade this year.

Being a pre-agent though and the sale that should happen for the eagles, top 15 pick seems fair if he keeps up his form to end the year. If I was Melbourne I would be offering their 1st pick ~8 and getting a third back.

Petty was one of the dees most pivotel pieces for a couple of years ins defence. An extremely good defender. Adelaide didn't offer him 800k and 2 first rounders for no reason. essentially what waterman is being offered now.
Pettys value is irrelevant if you are counting him as a defender, this is a Waterman(a forward) thread. Petty as a forward has never been close to as good as Waterman has been this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back