Moved Thread Jamarra Ugle-Hagan will end up more valuable than Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not the one comparing guys like Cloke and JUH to the unprecedented 2nd year juggernaut Daicos

Ridiculous thread, it has already aged badly
No, but you made the foolish claim that "goalkicking" is the most important part of being a forward (obviously in the context of goalkicking accuracy), and I cited an example from your own club that proved you hilariously wrong.

If goalkicking accuracy is what mattered most, why would St Kilda get rid of Ahmed Saad? Why did your club get rid of Jack Anthony? Why does Melbourne continue to drop Ben Brown? Turns out goalkicking accuracy actually isn't the most important quality in a key forward at all.

Ugle-Hagan has had some issues with goalkicking accuracy, but he has so many other great qualities as a forward. It takes a truly football illiterate person to somehow miss those qualities. :)

Jye Amiss is 19yo and has 6 more goals from one less game in a crap side
It's only natural the football-illiterate pies customer fails to understand the value in a forward beyond just goalkicking.

Through your limited line of thinking, we could safely conclude that Nick Riewoldt was a vastly inferior footballer to Brendan Fevola, Fraser Gehrig and Harry McKay :)

It's only natural the football-illiterate pies customer fails to understand the value in a forward beyond just goalkicking.

Through your limited line of thinking, we could safely conclude that Nick Riewoldt was a vastly inferior footballer to Brendan Fevola, Fraser Gehrig and Harry McKay :)
Whatevs

Put up a poll so us illiterates can have a vote

I can see Conception 's point here.

Ugle-Hagan will indeed be more valuable to the Dogs than Nick will be to the Pies.

The Pies won't be cellar dwellers or need some sort of a marketable player as Pies are already stacked with members, cash, sponsors and have already brought in 1M fans through the gates this year.

Dogs have always struggled for marketability and getting the crowds in, so a mid to high range KPF will certainly help boost crowd numbers and dollars for a very small club - much like King for the Suns.

So yes, the OP is right as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Are people forgetting Buddy kicked 70+ goals in his 3rd season?

That was his break out year as an A grader. 2008 was his break out from A grade to genuine best player in the comp level.

Yep, different game back then but Buddy had 200 shots on goal and Leigh Matthews said he could go down as the greatest ever in his age 21 season. Unfair for anyone to compare Jammara to that.

Uh huh

Is this footy literacy? (See below)

That only took me 5 minutes to bust you open

Good night and thanks for playing! 😹

View attachment 1750824
So let me get this straight: you dug through my posts, found a post of me mocking someone for setting up their poll incorrectly, and think this provides some sort of reflection of my football literacy?

Not very bright, are you champ?

Ugle-Hagan is tracking nicely but he's never going to be in the same stratosphere as Nickos.
In 2015, one could've just as easily said Dustin Martin is tracking nicely, but he's never going to be in the same stratosphere as Dangerfield or Judd or Fyfe.

Clearly not even Richmond fans learn from their own examples.

PLW.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see Conception 's point here.

Ugle-Hagan will indeed be more valuable to the Dogs than Nick will be to the Pies.

The Pies won't be cellar dwellers or need some sort of a marketable player as Pies are already stacked with members, cash, sponsors and have already brought in 1M fans through the gates this year.

Dogs have always struggled for marketability and getting the crowds in, so a mid to high range KPF will certainly help boost crowd numbers and dollars for a very small club - much like King for the Suns.

So yes, the OP is right as far as I'm concerned.
I didn't mention anything about crowd numbers because they are not relevant.

Ugle-Hagan will bring more value on the field than Daicos will. Is that clear enough for you?

He might not get as many possessions, but he will make up for it in structural importance :)

Not inconceivable, but for 10 years goal kicking midfielders have been the most valuable commodity in football.
Um, no they haven't? Key forwards have always been the highest value AFL commodity.

Goal kicking midfielders are in every draft. Quality tall forwards are not. Tall forwards who move well and are good field kicks are even harder to find.

Tall forwards drafted in the first round also have a notoriously high flop rate.

I think Ugle-Hagan is mentally soft and can easily be taken out of a game.
Will always be a tantalizing prospect. A guy who will kick 50 goals per year but ultimately never ever produce the same level of football as what Nick Daicos will for the next decade.

Been a big fan of Jamarra since day one too but it's laughable to even post such crap.
As a Western Bulldogs fan, Bontempelli is regarded as a one of the top 3 midfielders in the game. He's a leader and brilliant big game performer. This is what Daicos will become.
May 2023 called, you're due back.

You don't need to embarrass yourself further on the subject of Ugle-Hagan, he has already long-since exposed the foolishness of posters like yourself, and has demonstrated a very good level of consistency for several weeks now :)

Last edited:
Will always be a tantalizing prospect. A guy who will kick 50 goals per year but ultimately never ever produce the same level of football as what Nick Daicos will for the next decade.
and guess what champ? The exact same thing could have been said about Jack Riewoldt at the same stage of his career. Ended up winning three colemans and three flags.

Clearly you are the type of poster who never learns from past misjudgement :)

May 2023 called, you're due back.

You don't need to embarrass yourself further on the subject of Ugle-Hanan, he has already long-since exposed the foolishness of posters like yourself, and has demonstrated a very good level of consistency for several weeks now :)
and guess what champ? The exact same thing could have been said about Jack Riewoldt at the same stage of his career. Ended up winning three colemans and three flags.

Clearly you are the type of poster who never learns from past misjudgement :)

You aren't handling this well.
If you wish to create a thread and people don't share the same lofty opinions you have for your own players, try not to make it personal.

I think this thread will come back to bite you on the backside and I worry you may lose your temper and lash out and kick your dog (or worse).

You aren't handling this well.
If you wish to create a thread and people don't share the same lofty opinions you have for your own players, try not to make it personal.

I think this thread will come back to bite you on the backside and I worry you may lose your temper and lash out and kick your dog (or worse).
Relax champ, you lost an argument you were clearly out of your depth on.

Next time I would recommend thinking a bit more before you post.

Um, no they haven't? Key forwards have always been the highest value AFL commodity.

Goal kicking midfielders are in every draft. Quality tall forwards are not. Tall forwards who move well and are good field kicks are even harder to find.

Tall forwards drafted in the first round also have a notoriously high flop rate.
They are. They win every award and are the highest paid players. Forwards being rarer doesn’t make them more valuable.

They are. They win every award and are the highest paid players. Forwards being rarer doesn’t make them more valuable.
Ah yes, the awards, the true barometer of a player's value. This is precisely why guys like Oliver Wines, Matt Priddis and Tom Mitchell are three of the greatest modern era players

Forwards being rarer doesn’t make them more valuable.
Actually it does. This is exactly how value works champ.

Do you know how much money Harry McKay is on now? Or Max/Ben King? It's a much higher number than you might think.

Back in the Rodney Eade days, the Bulldogs had multiple goalkicking midfielders/midfield-forwards, but no good key forwards. How did that turn out? They were a top 4 team, but in the end always lost to the teams with better key-forward representation. Ended up having to dig up a fossilized 34 year old Barry Hall with a bad ankle because we couldn't find a good one anywhere else. Following Hall's retirement, we didn't find a single good one until Aaron Naughton started playing there in 2019.

Mitch Wallis was once a fairly prolific goalkicking midfielder. He was still never even 1/4th as valuable as even the good-solid key forwards.

Ah yes, the awards, the true barometer of a player's value. This is precisely why guys like Oliver Wines, Matt Priddis and Tom Mitchell are three of the greatest modern era players

Actually it does. This is exactly how value works champ.

Do you know how much money Harry McKay is on now? Or Max/Ben King? It's a much higher number than you might think.

Back in the Rodney Eade days, the Bulldogs had multiple goalkicking midfielders/midfield-forwards, but no good key forwards. How did that turn out? They were a top 4 team, but in the end always lost to the teams with better key-forward representation. Ended up having to dig up a fossilized 34 year old Barry Hall with a bad ankle because we couldn't find a good one anywhere else. Following Hall's retirement, we didn't find a single good one until Aaron Naughton started playing there in 2019.

Mitch Wallis was once a fairly prolific goalkicking midfielder. He was still never even 1/4th as valuable as even the good-solid key forwards.
A good ruck is rarer than a good forward. Are they more valuable?

And lol at using the Brownlow as your only measure of award winning. Numpty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Jamarra Ugle-Hagan will end up more valuable than Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back